“New hotel. Extremely cheaply done.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Lake Lewisville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Corinth
San Diego, California
“New hotel. Extremely cheaply done.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Seems to be quite a few reviews for this hotel, which is a surprise because the hotel seems fairly new to me. Regardless, it's like the hotel was thrown together in a week with the cheapest materials possible. Every corner than could be cut to save a nickel and 10 minutes of time was taken. I snapped a couple quick picks while sitting on the throne. See below. Additionally, my shower knob was kinda broken too, but I didn't notice it when snapping the pics. Our A/C was the normal in window kind, loud as all heck, which we've all come to expect. However with it pegged at 60, it struggled to keep the room cool during the day. Ran constantly. Whenever it did actually shut off, it would stay off for MAYBE 60 seconds and fire back up for another couple hours. The bed and pillows were pretty poor. Hard mattress and 99 cent pillows.

The 20-year old kid with the mohawk that checked me in was... interesting. Maybe think again before making him the face of your hotel???!

The hotel sits a ways off the road and the entrance to the hotel is a PITA. You either have to pass it, do a U-turn across 4 lanes of ALWAYS heavy traffic and then turn down an early path that doesn't look like it even leads to the hotel...... OR..... get on the highway entrance road, but turn in before actually getting on the highway. I doubt few people can see that entrance, nor want to chance it being there and being forced onto a highway. It's real odd. Once you try it yourself, you'll see what I'm talking about.

The morning breakfast was decent as far as free breakfasts go. Egg squares, sausage, cereal, fruit, waffles, misc pastries, juice.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the elevator side of the hotel. The elevators are on one far end and there's just s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Alysia S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Lake Lewisville, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking time to leave comments about our hotel. We have recently made many upgrades and changes. I hope that you will stay at our property again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Roodhouse
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed here because a block of rooms were reserved for a wedding we were attending. Immediately upon trying to check in at 2 pm I was told the room was ready but we would have to pay for an additional night's stay if we wanted to check in. So after traveling for 8 hours w/my 90 year old mother-in-law and pregnant daughter, we were relegated to sit in the lobby for an hour til the clock struck 3! I have traveled many places and arrived early and have been allowed access to the room if it was ready. This immediately pissed me off!
We waited in the lobby and the sofa and chairs near the tv may look nice, but when u sit in them, u literally fall in a hole! After checking into our room, the 1st thing I notice is a large hand print on the headboard of the bed, (how did that get there? GROSS!) later I found dead bugs on the ac/heating unit. My daughter wasn't feeling well when the maid came to make up the room the next morning and asked for them to come back, which they never did, so our room was not cleaned the 2 days we were there. The bed was comfortable and seemed clean. Room was quiet.
I told my niece not to let her 4 yr old daughter in the hot tub, it was as green as a pond- nasty!
The breakfast was not much either. Eggs/ham were warmed in the microwave and thrown in a server and we're never hot. Hot water for tea would not even make tea as it wasn't hot either. The juice was served at room temperature. Only good thing were the waffles you make yourself. I didn't want to stay here, only did cuz the majority of our family stayed here for the wedding. You really get what you pay for and that's not much!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
I apologize your stay did not meet your expectations. The hotel has since had a management change as well as improved as a whole, I hope that you will consider staying with us again, next time you are in the area.
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel, in the same room 2 different nights within a week. The first time of checkout I let the front desk clerk know that there was a piece of gum stuck on the side of the night stand. I even left a note on the nightstand for housekeeping. At our return, we got the same room. I checked the nightstand the gum was still there, 6 nights later!! At that check out I left a note again and told the front desk that I was disgusted and just hoped that the bedding has been changed!
Also- beds were pretty lumpy. Breakfast was mediocre. Staff was not that professional.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
I apologize about the housekeeping service you received while staying at our property. Guest feedback is very important. We have made lots of changes since your stay and hope that you will try us again next time you are in town.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

When I arrived my 1st room door wouldn't open so I was upgraded to a king suite. I was tired so I got in the bed quickly. Toilet made noise when flushed. Room seemed clean bed was comfortable. Next morning shower wouldn't turn off without closing very hard and still dripped. Food was gross fruit was brown so all I got was coffee. The front desk staff was kind and professional. If your just staying one night its good enough. nothing spectacular.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
I hope you will stay with us again next to you are in the area and allow us the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. We have implemented lots of upgrades throughout the hotel with breakfast and maintenance related issues. Along with also being under new management. since you stay.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel had the worst management and the owner was rude rude rude. Apparently they feel the need to say they will call the cops on you if you ask a question. The other reviewer said they threatened to call the police for wanting a receipt??? The room smelled awful actually left without staying over night it was so bad. Several people at the front deal complaining about empty beer bottles in a room they were given. Don't stay here. It's dirty, the staff and owners are rude and looks like they will call the police on their guests unless you let them bully you. Terrible.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Michelle H
I apologize about the service you received while at our hotel. We have made many changes since you stay, with the hotel, staff and management. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to change your mind about the hotel and allow us to meet and exceed your true expectations.
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This was our second time to stay here. Nice room, although we had to ask for sheets for the sofa bed. I guess people like to steal them. Breakfast was usually eggs and sausage or ham, biscuits and gravy, waffles ect. Good room for us when we come to watch the Nascar races.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. and hope to see you for NASCAR season. We love getting customer feedback and thank you for the kind words and review.
Springfield, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Horrible Management! Room needed a deep cleaning. Linen's in poor condition. Thread bare sheets, stains on the blanket, towels very worn, floor. Walking in socks on carpet floor, they were BLACK from the ground in filth. In the Gym, no remote to operate TV, The treadmill wasn’t working, the elliptical sounded like a meat grinder. Hot breakfast was pre cooked then frozen- thawed out in microwave. Burn my fingers on dish, no hot pad to open serving dishes. Check out clerk Rashod rude, insulting, not helpful or could care less! Owner Satesh Patel & Kim unavailable. Clerk refused to call anyone in charge and threatened to call the police when I asked for a copy of the receipt.. He raised his voice Threatening me! all I wanted and asked for was a copy of the receipt I was asked to sign. Which he refused to give me. Two other folks walking in the hotel turned around and left shaking there heads. This location was not up to the Choice hotel standards and we have stayed for short and long term stays at many all over the country. Extremely disappointed, find a different hotel, stay away from this one!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel not this one. Hotel poor management, poor up keep.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tl S
I am sorry about the experience you received while at our hotel. We have made recent management changes and hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations of the Choice Branded hotels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corinth
Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Trophy Club - Fort Worth North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Plano Legacy Frisco
La Quinta Inn & Suites McKinney
Home2 Suites by Hilton Irving / DFW Airport North
Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Lake Lewisville? Share your experiences!