“WOW! Under new ownership, what a DIFFERENCE!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Corsicana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have a lot of experience with this particular property, as we used to live in the area and stayed at this La Quinta at least one (usually 2) weekend(s) a month for a year after we relocated in 2012 but still had a house to sell. We got to see the ownership change first hand. From an owner who simply held the property to the new owners who truly care about the property and the customers who stay there.

The first thing I noticed was the cheerful greeting I got at the front desk. It was late, I was tired from the long drive. The gentleman behind the desk was sweet, upbeat, polite and just a pleasure to speak with. Check in was fast and we were on our way to our room, with our 2 dogs in tow.

Waiting for the elevator we were SHOCKED to see the HOT TUB open! During our 7 years in Navarro county, the hot tub at this location has been out of commission for at least 6 years. We used it once. After that, it was literally filled in with cement. I heard several different stories as to the demise of the hot tub, but the end result was the same - it was filled with cement and unusuable. Upon our arrival on July 3, 2014, however, the hot tub was OPEN!

Our room was clean, and our Rewards waters and snacks were on the desk along with a polite letter. The bedding was missing from the sofa sleeper (as is the case in most La Quintas). My daughter ran down to the front desk and recv'd necessary bedding immediately. She didn't get a pillow, but our king bed had more than enough pillows so we gave her one. Lighting in the rooms were minimal - table top lamps - but we adapted. And when you can, use the sun while it's up. Fridge was working perfectly (just had to turn it up, turned down to conserve electricity) and we sufficiently chilled our water, fruit and leftovers during our stay.

Breakfast the following morning was on a Friday, and was a holiday. We woke up late (8:42am) and I wasn't sure if we'd missed the 9am cutoff. The dining room was BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED - new furniture to accommodate nearly double the previous capacity, plus tabletop charging outlets on the center dining island!

Anyway, the place was PACKED. There was a group of over of 30 people in town for a reunion or something. There was 1 seat open so I grabbed it. My husband and daughter went to forage while I held down the chair and end of the breakfast bar. My husband came back with a smidge of potatoes and a sausage, my daughter with a yogurt. And then, out of no where, an angel appeared. The sweetest woman EVER politely informed me that breakfast would be extended to 10am, and she was in the process of restocking the potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit. (I'm telling you, those reunion people cleaned this place OUT!) I went over to make a waffle, and within 20 minutes not only had the large party cleared, but the La Quinta angel had restocked everything and my family was able to enjoy a delicious breakfast.

Early that afternoon an adult daughter and her 2 grandsons joined us and we spent time in the pool and the fabulous hot tub. Staff was quick to ensure plenty of towels were available. After we swam we he had lunch and left to partake in the holiday festivities.

My husband, daughter & I returned late in the evening, pottied the dogs, closed the room darkening blinds showered and slept 'til after 8am. Breakfast was packed with the reunion people again (but fully stocked and delicious). I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND a raise to the one woman who single-handedly kept things running like a smooth oiled machine.

Back up to the room to pack. I thoroughly enjoyed my chat upon check out to learn the reason for all the wonderful changes, and to hear that the a repaint for the property is next on the agenda! We have plenty of friends and a little bit of family that we love in and around Navarro county, so we will absolutely be back to this property.

LOVE the new owners, LOVE what they're doing with the place. Thank you for finally bringing this hotel up to the standards I expect from La Quinta. -- Linda Lopez

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you can request a room "not on I-45 side", although after a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Danny P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank You for your kind words and for staying here with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much! We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Danny P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Danny P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Room was okay, could use a renovation. Breakfast selection was poor, egg overdone. Dining room was small. Refrigerator did not work, moved to another room. Refrigerator in new room was off - front desk said the refrigerator in rooms are always on. This La Quinta is not up to other La Quinta Inn. I would try other hotel in the area before staying in this La Quinta.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was clean and new. The staff was always friendly and very helpful. MOST IMPORTANTLY the BEDS were COMFORTABLE!! When you're out of town on business it helps to get a good nights sleep. It also felt very safe and secure. It is right on the highway so you can hear traffic and the night trains...but that didn't really bother me. I'd stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Danny P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

We are truly glad to hear, you had a wonderful stay. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Certainly worth the price paid. Room was clean, room was large, pool was well kept.

Breakfast was pretty mediocre. I guess I'm getting spoiled by some of the buffets some La Quintas are offering these days.

Hotel was 50% full and the only noise we heard was doors and toilets. The toilets are loud, but they flush like a hurricane. So no embarrassment from your kids clogging it.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank IanClue

Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank George D
Danny P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsicana
2 mi away
#6 of 8 in Corsicana
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 7 in Ennis

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana? Share your experiences!