“La Quinta Corsicana TX”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Corsicana
Sanger, California
“La Quinta Corsicana TX”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel provides a safe, comfortable place to stay when visiting Corsicana, TX. The hotel is right off the interstate. The rooms are quiet and provide for a good nights sleep. There is a pool and exercise room that add to the experience. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is comfortable; has a TV and fresh food is provided.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank chrisb55
Danny P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Arkansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 28 July 2014

the only minor issues were pretty minor as picky as I am...1.) the showerhead was only on one setting and couldn't get it changed to one of the other five. 2.) the guy at check in was nice but really laid back- so laid back, we walked in later to him on the lobby couch with wife/girlfriend with feet on his lap, both on phones- no greeting. 3.) in the morning, the breakfast room was very hot. I don't know if it was from laundry or what but it was very hot.
other than those minor things it was comfortable and affordable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Danny P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Woodville, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was treated like a King. The rates were great and the room was large and clean. The breakfast was great. One of the best stays ever. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was great. After all that Trisha was behind the counter and was a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Danny P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at La Quinta. We truly value your business and look forward to seeing you again. Really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I like this hotel because they are friendly , but not over friendly . They get you checked in a efficient time and then do not bother you unless you need assistance . I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling in the Corsicana or Ennis area for business or pleasure .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Crockett, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have a lot of experience with this particular property, as we used to live in the area and stayed at this La Quinta at least one (usually 2) weekend(s) a month for a year after we relocated in 2012 but still had a house to sell. We got to see the ownership change first hand. From an owner who simply held the property to the new owners who truly care about the property and the customers who stay there.

The first thing I noticed was the cheerful greeting I got at the front desk. It was late, I was tired from the long drive. The gentleman behind the desk was sweet, upbeat, polite and just a pleasure to speak with. Check in was fast and we were on our way to our room, with our 2 dogs in tow.

Waiting for the elevator we were SHOCKED to see the HOT TUB open! During our 7 years in Navarro county, the hot tub at this location has been out of commission for at least 6 years. We used it once. After that, it was literally filled in with cement. I heard several different stories as to the demise of the hot tub, but the end result was the same - it was filled with cement and unusuable. Upon our arrival on July 3, 2014, however, the hot tub was OPEN!

Our room was clean, and our Rewards waters and snacks were on the desk along with a polite letter. The bedding was missing from the sofa sleeper (as is the case in most La Quintas). My daughter ran down to the front desk and recv'd necessary bedding immediately. She didn't get a pillow, but our king bed had more than enough pillows so we gave her one. Lighting in the rooms were minimal - table top lamps - but we adapted. And when you can, use the sun while it's up. Fridge was working perfectly (just had to turn it up, turned down to conserve electricity) and we sufficiently chilled our water, fruit and leftovers during our stay.

Breakfast the following morning was on a Friday, and was a holiday. We woke up late (8:42am) and I wasn't sure if we'd missed the 9am cutoff. The dining room was BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED - new furniture to accommodate nearly double the previous capacity, plus tabletop charging outlets on the center dining island!

Anyway, the place was PACKED. There was a group of over of 30 people in town for a reunion or something. There was 1 seat open so I grabbed it. My husband and daughter went to forage while I held down the chair and end of the breakfast bar. My husband came back with a smidge of potatoes and a sausage, my daughter with a yogurt. And then, out of no where, an angel appeared. The sweetest woman EVER politely informed me that breakfast would be extended to 10am, and she was in the process of restocking the potatoes, scrambled eggs, sausage and fruit. (I'm telling you, those reunion people cleaned this place OUT!) I went over to make a waffle, and within 20 minutes not only had the large party cleared, but the La Quinta angel had restocked everything and my family was able to enjoy a delicious breakfast.

Early that afternoon an adult daughter and her 2 grandsons joined us and we spent time in the pool and the fabulous hot tub. Staff was quick to ensure plenty of towels were available. After we swam we he had lunch and left to partake in the holiday festivities.

My husband, daughter & I returned late in the evening, pottied the dogs, closed the room darkening blinds showered and slept 'til after 8am. Breakfast was packed with the reunion people again (but fully stocked and delicious). I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND a raise to the one woman who single-handedly kept things running like a smooth oiled machine.

Back up to the room to pack. I thoroughly enjoyed my chat upon check out to learn the reason for all the wonderful changes, and to hear that the a repaint for the property is next on the agenda! We have plenty of friends and a little bit of family that we love in and around Navarro county, so we will absolutely be back to this property.

LOVE the new owners, LOVE what they're doing with the place. Thank you for finally bringing this hotel up to the standards I expect from La Quinta. -- Linda Lopez

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you can request a room "not on I-45 side", although after a...