“Locals recommend this place”
Review of Portovino Italian Cafe - CLOSED

Portovino Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014

sadly we were not over whelmed. Our waitress was delightful (lovely Philippino lady(?)) as was the owner. But the food was not the usual Italian fare that we are used to so it maybe that we were expecting something different. In saying that my Steak was tasty but was not cooked to my request of medium to well. I did not complain but just ate around the edges. Hubby had veal Marsala and it was far sweeter than we have ever experienced but maybe that is the way they do it here? So it wasn't really bad but it was not to our liking.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I feel ripped off that there is a negative 1 button, as I feel that would be a more accurate rating of my experience. The ambiance, menu and prices are acceptable but their service is far from it. Taking our three little boys for a milkshake and hotchips after a day at the beach was less than a pleasant experience. I was subject to incredibly rude service and cold chips. I could go on but bottom line - there are many other cafes who would appreciate your business than this one.

2  Thank thelittlefox
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Went here while on holidays expecting a nice meal,
Instead Had a waitress who didn't know many details
About the meals or what's in the menu. Go to Order drinks off their full list cocktail menu, only to be told they can "probably" only make me one from the list.
To top it off it took 15 minutes to make it and the drink wasn't even served in a cocktail glass, instead a small serving glass was used that you wouldn't even serve water in. Food was ok.

1  Thank Siskox
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Food was very very average. The pizza my husband ordered looked and tasted worse than a frozen pizza from the supermarket. Really disappointing.

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Carbonara was tasty if a little oily. Pizza was fresh. Nothing flash but good for a small beach side restaurant. Would not hesitate to dine there again.