“Very rude”

Holiday Inn Express Crockett
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crockett
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stay at a HIExpress chain at least 3 weeks a month and am a Platiinum member. I have never been talked to as rude as the general manager spoke to me over the phone. Not only was the customer service terrible, but this rate is incredibly high for the area and for other comparable areas around Texas and the US. The hotel itself is fine. Exactly what to expect from a Holiday Inn Express, but when you add in the unreasonable price and the rude, degrading way the general manager spoke to her guest and customer It is a terrible value for money. The IHG brand has done a good job with quality of rooms and staff in the past, but this experience makes me question it. I would suggest driving the 20 minutes to the next town to stay there for the hospitality you expect in small town, Texas at half the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HotelStaff1511, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for our customer service not meeting your expectations. We do understand that our rates are higher than some other hotels in our area. However, there are smaller towns in Texas that have a high demand of hotel rooms, just like ours, that have a rate of $200+. We do understand that our rate can sometimes be inconvenient to our guest and because we stay at a high occupancy the rooms that are left are normally our high dollar suites. Alot of times our loyalty guests want us to come down on the rate for our last rooms and when we don't this does anger them feeling that we have poor customer service. We are working towards being one of the friendliest hotels with our customer satisfaction being our number one guarentee. We do hope you return in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express was awesome. My family and I were in town for my sisiters birthday. At check-in the receptionist was nice and friendly. When we got up to the room we felt like we were the first ones to ever stay in that room. The hotel was clean and well maintained. Later in the evening the receptionist had gave us fresh cookies. The best cookies EVER. We slept well that night on the soft beds and in the morning we enjoyed the hotels free hot breakfast. At check out the receptionist made sure that we had everything for our trip make with a receipt, map, and bottles of water. We had a great experience at the hotel so that made the reason why we were there that much better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley G
HotelStaff1511, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you letting us know that we are keeping up with our hospitality promise. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Usually stay at HIExpress chain, and am Platinum member. This one is the worst, though. Toilet didn't flush, then when it was temporarily fixed by front desk personnel, the flush handle broke off and didn't get repaired. I saw no maintenance people on duty the whole week. REALLY? The front entryway is leaking water from the roof stucco and looks like it could collapse at any time, plaster was peeling from the entryway ceiling, the entryway chandelier light escutcheon was falling off. Unlike other HIExpress, they had no cinnamon rolls all week on breakfast table, I could not get them to give me a laundry bag, no newspaper delivered to room, and they didn't make any fresh cookies in late afternoon. The room had a moldy smell always, and they have cheapened the soaps, which remind me of a rent-by-the-hour hotel amenity. Bad value. Stay away!

Room Tip: Stay in Huntsville instead of here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GC50MH56

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you taking time to let us, at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, know where we are lacking. However, I have spoken with you and questioned some of the comments about the hotel. Again,we are using the bath and body works signature soap and shampoo. We put the fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the Great Room (breakfast area) for the convenience of our guest. We keep our Houston Chronicle papers in the lobby area as do many Holiday Inn Express hotels. Let me also assure you that I have walked the property and nothing looks as if it will collapes. Again, thank you for your feedback and despite your comments in the review I hope you return to our locate for a better quality experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

The toilet would not flush unless you removed the lid & operated the mechanism from inside of the water tank. This was not found out until the day I checked out. Behind the curtains the sheet rock & tape are coming off the wall. The breakfast is very limited. Bread at one end of the counter, toaster at the other end of the counter. Coffee was on the other side of the breakfast room. The juice machine is able to dispense 4 types of juices. When I was there it dispensed 3 lemonades, & 1 water......really, lemonade for breakfast. What about orange or apple juice ? IMO this was a $70/nite motel, not the $129/nite I was charged. The lady who checked me out was unable to help with a discount, but advised me that the manager would be contacting me, I'm still waiting for that phone call. I will not stay here again, nor would I recommend this motel to anyone else.

Room Tip: Check your room making sure it's up to your standards, before moving in & unpacking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank CindyAHouston_TX
HotelStaff1511, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

We do apologize for any inconvenience that the Holiday Inn Express - Crockett property has caused you. We are working with several companies to improve the property and work out kinks such has the toilet. We do apologize for the disatisfaction in our breakfast layout. This layout was suggested by our corporation due to the crowded toaster and coffee area on busy mornings. We do find that most guest enjoy the lemonade as an option on summer mornings. Normally, we do have orange juice as an option however, on this particular morning that wasn't the case. We do apologize that managements past attempts to contact you have been unsuccessful and we will try again.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Had to go to Crockett for a family funeral. Other than a few local places we didn't feel like taking a chance and the HIE is really the only option in town.

The hotel is clean, although there is a sign to excuse the mess while renovating but we didn't see anything going on. Our room looked like it may have been updated, either way it was nice and we loved that each bed had 4 pillows with a choice of firm and soft pillows. TV had good reception with a nice variety of channels. Only minor complaint was there wasn't a stopper for the bathroom sink and there were some paint splotches on the back of the bathroom door, which wouldn't stay open but kept closing. I didn't care for the lighting in the bathroom as it was about eye level and not very bright. Would have loved having a light above or on either side of the full length mirror in the room. The closet space was hampered by the fact the ironing board is at the back and the closet isn't deep enough for the hangers to hang without hitting the ironing board, thus being at a slight angle.

This was our first stay at HIE and I was very disappointed from previous reviews about their good cinnamon rolls - they were out so I can't comment on them. Did like the pancake make as opposed to the normal waffle maker. We went down a little after 8:00 and upon asking about the rolls was told they had to save the rest for Easter Sunday....what about those of us that were there right then?

Our stay was pleasant enough but feel the price was high however with no competition they can charge what they want. Have stayed in a lot of other chains that were just a nice for $30-$50 less, but if you are in Crockett the HIE is a good choice and in a convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank najune
Nicki B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express. We hope that you stay with our brand again. I do apologize that some items in your room were not accomidating. I especially apologize for the breakfast bar service and choices. We hope you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express in Crockett for all of your future stays.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We came to town for one night to see a nationally known comedian perform at the civic center. This hotel was jammed and busy. The lady at the front desk, I believe her name was Sheila, did an excellent job considering how many guest were checking in. The room was clean and comfortable. Me and my wife slept like babies. My only complaint would be that the breakfast was sub par. We always stay at holiday inns and are accustomed to the breakfast bar. It was all in all a very good experience. Come to find out the comedian stayed at this hotel also. We ran into her outside.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicki B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you so much for making our hotel your selection during your short time in Crockett. We do appreciate you taking time to give us feedback. We are currently working on improving our breakfast service, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We are happy to hear that you got to meet the performer that you came here to see, that doesn't happen every day. We hope that you choose to stay with us, here at the Holiday Inn Express, again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I went online and searched pet friendly hotels in Crocket Texas and Holiday Inn Express came up so we booked a room for Saturday February 16th . When we arrived they had already taken the full amount of 237.00 dollars out of our account . When i went to check in they said they didnt accept pets so i asked for a refund so i could find other accomodations and was told i couldnt have a refund and there was a pet FEE, not deposit of 200.00 dollars cash non refundable ! I had no choice but to pay the money. I feel like i was cheated out of my money and i will NEVER STAY at another Holiday Inn again nor will i ever recomend them !!! The hotel even blocked me from posting a review afterwards !!!!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Greg P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Greg P,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crockett? Share your experiences!