“Serendipity”

Holiday Inn Express Crockett
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crockett
Reviewed 7 November 2009

What a nice surprise Crockett and The Holiday Inn Express was! Clean, neat, spacious room, good food, friendly and helpful staff. I would go out of my way to stay there!

• Stayed: November 2009

Reviewed 5 May 2009

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Crockett due to a loss in our family. We had 5 rooms taken up by family members. The rooms were great & we took advantage of the pool & the work out center. It really was a great stay, but on Monday a $200 charge was on my credit card. When I spoke to the manager (very rude woman) she said she went into the room & there was smoking in the room. This is not true! If they have any kind of survallance video they would have seen my husband & I outside smoking SEVERAL times during our stay. This is apparently not good enough for them. I am not at all happy w/ their business practices & "fee" rates. They don't even have any proof just a smell that they smelled. Won't stay there again & I will warn all of my family & friends about their practices.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
9  Thank beckyntexas
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Thank you so much for providing an excellent room and breakfast for our stay for the half marathon

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Due to a death in our family we were subjected to travel to Crockett for the funeral of our dear nephew. We held rooms for family and when we learned how many rooms were needed we canceled the other rooms in the morning,,,,early morning,,,,the hotel front desk staff proved incompetence by calling that night to ask AGAIN if we wanted to release the rooms. We paid our bill, showing a zero balance only to find $705 dollar charge ADDED after we left. Calling to talk to the manager,,,he REFUSED TO TAKE OUR CALL and then we are told by the front desk staff at that time that yes she remembered us,. "I was told to add the room charges to your bill after you left" Trying to call holiday express only takes you to the MANAGER WHO REFUSED TO TAKE THE CALL AND THEN WROTE UNTRUTHS TO OUR CREDIT CARD DISPUTE REPLY. I suggest anyone needing a room would do better off in the nearby town area or another more hotel with more competent staff and honest manager.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank unsettledtraveler705
Reviewed 2 August 2007

My family attend third Sunday in August yearly and the Holiday Inn Express is basically the only clean and up to date hotel in this small town. Very good service, love the breakfast selection which is complimentary, and the rooms are clean and well maintained. The rates maybe a little over price, but overall above average.

OFadal

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank enjoytravelStockton
Reviewed 23 June 2006

I stayed here while exploring the nearby Davy Crockett National Forest. I assumed there'd be a certain quality level, considering that it is the most expensive hotel in Crockett. The room is cleaned well by the maids, but due to shoddy construction in the bathroom there's huge gaps between the bathtub enclosures and the walls, allowing mold to grow unabated. And the breakfast wasn't all that nice either, even compared to a La Quinta.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank JimmyEv
Reviewed 3 January 2006

We stayed in this hotel in September 2005 during the Hurricane Rita evacuation . It was a very difficult time for both the guests and the hotel employees.

It is easy to give good service when everything is stable and in order. However, during this extraordinary time, the manager (Mr. Patel)and Hotel employees exceeded in comforting the guests.

Good rooms, very reasonable price, with a very nice breakfast.

This is a five star hotel in service. I would highly recommend it.

Dr. Tansel Turgut

• Stayed: September 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crockett? Share your experiences!