“DIsappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warfield House Bed and Breakfast

Warfield House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crockett
Warfield House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Crockett B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“DIsappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

The inn's room was satisfactory, if a little too much fru fru. The disappointment lies with the breakfast. When I called to make the reservation, the person who answered told me a full breakfast would be served. What we go was a bit of sliced fruit, some orange juice and Jimmy Dean sausage mixed into Pillsbury biscuits. Hardly a full breakfast and the sausage concoction was plain awful. . Cold cereal and milk would have been better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

My recent first time visit at the Warfield House was excellent. I was in town for my wedding, conveniently across the street. It was absolutely gorgeous inside and decorated for Christmas with a tree in every room. Doug the host is a decorater and a great storyteller! He had me laughing and comfortable right away. All rooms were clean and cozy with heaters in every room. My family joined us and we all enjoyed breakfast at 8am at the big dining table. I highly recommend this B & B to anyone coming to Crockett. You will surely be charmed at The Warfield House.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Daniella P
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I had never stayed in a B&B before but it was exactly what I'd hoped for--handmade quilts, antique-looking beds, yummy homemade breakfast, and a friendly host. I decided at almost the last minute (booked Wednesday evening for a Saturday trip) to go to Crockett, and there was luckily one room left (I think there are 4 or 5 rooms altogether). The price was very reasonable/competitive, and the location was perfect for me, since I was in town to go to a concert--the small venue was less than a five minute drive from the Warfield House. I happened to be there the weekend before some sort of holiday festival, so the house was all decked out with Christmas decorations, which gave it an even homier feel. Breakfast was delicious and filling--mushroom quiche, cranberry nut quickbread, fresh fruit, orange juice, and coffee. Doug, the host, was pleasant and chatted with the other guests and me at breakfast.

As a dog lover, I asked to meet Wallace, the Warfield House's resident boxer-mastiff mix . He's quite old and apparently not doing that well health-wise, but he was very friendly and seemed to love being petted. If you're not a fan of big dogs, not to worry--the only reason I even knew he was there was because I had read about him on other reveiws and asked to meet him, but I never heard him bark and I don't think he comes inside the main house.

My very minor complaints are that breakfast, which was at 8:00 AM, seemed a bit early for a weekend, and it was a little difficult to find some of the light switches in the bedroom. But, in no way did those things detract from my very pleasant stay at the Warfield House. If I'm ever in Crockett again, that's where I'll stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Alison D
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in Crockett, you need not look further. Travelling with my wife and 2 teen-age daughters,this was our first stay at the Warfield House and we were pleasantly surprised. This wonderful historical house even has a swimming pool that everyone enjoyed to escape the Texas heat. The grounds are well kept with wonderful flora. Our friendly and gracious host Doug, makes the most wonderful breakfast you can imagine..Eveything is fresh and home-made.and abundant....just delicious. The rooms are well climatised...it sure gets hot down here...and very comfortable. There is internet access as well..This is also the insider tip for stars who perform at Crockett´s civic center..You feel like family here......Don´t forget to sit on the expansive porch and let Doug tell you about the house and local history...........

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Maria L
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Beautiful rooms, a welcoming host, a great swimming pool after a hot day's driving and nicely located near the center. This was a genuine pleasure and very relaxing. (And hats off to Wallace the dog, who made sure I got plenty of exercise by dropping his toy at the other end of the pool and waiting for me to rescue it for him!)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Nick G
san antonio, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This bed and breakfast was great. Not far from town and optional breakfast included.
House has been restored beautifully. Would stay here again! Had the choice of several
different rooms, each decorated differently.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bonnie2009
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I spent one night here with my husband. The house is beautiful and Doug is a wonderful host. The bed was very comfortable and our room was beautiful. I was running in a half marathon the next day and Doug was willing to accommodate me and my fellow runners by making breakfast earlier than normal to accommodate our race day schedule. I would recommend this place to anyone and will definitely be staying here again if I ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple