“Worst place ever!”

36 West Motel RV Campground
Ranked #1 of 1 Cross Plains B&B and Inns
“Worst place ever!”
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This is without doubt the worst place that ever existed. It is dirty. Smells bad. Parking sucks. No one speaks english that you can understand. And worst of all it's severely over priced for what you get. The room is literaily 10 foot by 10 foot with a bed that has to be about 15 years old and the bathroom is in what looks like a closet. I don't know who it was that wrote the previous review but they defiantly couldn't be speaking about the same place.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank JonathanTr

Couples
Business
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

This classic property has suffered through various owners over the years, and had become pretty run down. Indeed, the last time I stayed there several years ago, I swore never to return. But recently, I had heard that a new owner was in, and that he had really worked to fix it up. So, needing to spend a couple days in Cross Plains, I decided to give it another try.

I was amazed! New paint, new carpet, new everything! Oh, it is still pretty basic accommodations, but clean and fresh. Microwave and mini-fridge in room. Free wi-fi. The new owner, Vimal, bent over backwards to insure that I was well cared for. He came by in the afternoon one day just to bring us cups of some tasty mango treat, and check up on us, make sure we were happy.

If you are planning on visiting the Robert E. Howard House Museum, the 36 West is literally less than 100 yards away. The next nearest accommodations would be in Cisco, more than 20 miles away. It's also a very short walk to Jean's Feed Barn, one of the very good local restaurants, where all the locals eat. And the price for the room was great!

The bed itself was pretty firm, but then I like that. The curtains are not completely opaque, so the room is somewhat lit at night by the signage. I would have thought I'd hear trucks on the state highway out front, but I never did notice it. Personally, I slept just fine.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank Godzilladude

Been to 36 West Motel RV Campground? Share your experiences!