“Great Getaway!!”

Out by the Sea Bed and Breakfast
Conroe, Tx.
“Great Getaway!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

This Bed & Breakfast was the perfect place for us to stay. We were looking for a place for the week end to get away from the crowds and just have some time to ourselves. Carole was extremely nice and made us feel right at home. Let me tell you that Carole has an amazing story to tell you about Hurricane Ike since she rode out the storm at her B&B. She also cooked us a fabulous breakfast that I'm sure you'll enjoy!! We had a Wonderfull time and will return again!! This a is a Great place to get away!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

I reserved time there and cancelled because of hurricane and then came after. I had fallen and I had bump on my head and a bleeding nose before I arrived. When I arrived Carole was so great. I told her what happenned with my fall and she took me to the beach in her cart. We had a good time. Went back to Caroles and she was great. She was worried about my fall and took me to the doctor to find out I had a concusion and a broken nose. She took care of me very well. Breakfast was great. She took me to Galvaston and we shopped , got some great deals and had lunch. I became good friends with her. She is so caring and such a nice lady and gave me anything to make my stay comfortable. The room was great, price, cleanliness and by far the best place to stay in Crystal Beach. I thank her so much for her great hospitality and friendship. You will be very happy there. It was the best stay I had out of 5 places through my holiday. I will come back and I will recommend her by far as to staying in Texas.

• Liked — Accomadations, breakfast, cleanliness, safe if single,very nice host
  • Disliked — rain
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
Porter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2008

We recently spent our twenty-fourth wedding anniversary at By the Sea B&B. We were looking for a quiet romantic get-away and thats just what we got.We stayed two nights in the Honeymoon Suite. The room was very nice and very clean. The jaccuzi tub was huge. We really enjoyed sitting out on the private deck in the evening. Carol,the owner made us feel so welcome. Her breakfast was fantastic! We will be returning .

• Liked — Quiet
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cleaningladyPorter
tilburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2008

We stayed for three nights in de bed and breakfest "Out by the Sea". We, my husband and myself and three teenagers, loved being there. It was near the sea. The rooms were nice, clean en just as promised. The breakfest was perfect, more than enough and all fresh. Carole made us feel very welcome. We really needed that because we came straight from the Netherlands (Europe) and were very tired after the long flight. If you like "the personal approach" Out by the Sea" is the best place to be.

Stayed April 2008
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2007

My husband went there for some peace and quiet. We loved it there. It's on the third row from the beach, a short walk. The room was very clean as was the restroom. The hostess Sharone was sweet, friendly and a good cook. Unlike Galveston which is very near, you can relax and not be overwhelmed by crowds. Sharone answered all our numerous questions about where to eat, how Hurrican Rita affected the Beach, etc. It was a wonderful trip and we would stay there again.

• Liked — Friendliness and location
  • Disliked — Tv wasn't properly working
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liaskye
Spring
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2007

I found this bed and breakfast to be cozy and wonderfully close to the beach. It wasn't as organized as I would have liked it, but the owner sincerely apologized and explained that the person she had put in charge to take care of it for her had not taken care of the place and had been stealing from her. When she found (thanks to customer complaints and online reviews) she flew down and fired him. She is now taking care of the place and putting it back together.
After a wonderful sunny and clear morning at the beach my husband, children and I went back to the bed and breakfast to grill and eat a delicious lunch on the deck. The owner was kind enough to allow us to stay a few extra hours at the B&B past the sign out time to eat, relax and enjoy our vacation.

• Liked — The Owner worked with us to make our time the best possible
  • Disliked — The B&B was a little disorganized thanks to the previous care taker
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank GreenMe
Crystal Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2007

My partner and I stayed here and we really enjoyed it. Todd wasn't a great host, but the house itself is lovely.
We stayed there for two nights and loved the close proximity to the beach and quiet surroundings. The deck is huge!
All in all, it was a great experience and we will be back.

• Liked — Close to the beach!
  • Disliked — Manager
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Galveston Beach
The Tremont House A Wyndham Grand Hotel
Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach

Been to Out by the Sea Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!