“Shame all the best restaraunts in Galveston are on bolivar”

Steve's Landing Restaurant
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A short ten miles as you get off of the 13-minute Bolivar Ferry ride, turn left at the Bay Vue Grocery Store and follow the road to the very end. You will notice left over damage from Hurricane Ike along the way, but Bolivar has come back better than ever. Steve's Landing was demolished by Ike in 2008 and, five years later, we have brought back the hype with a unique atmosphere that includes 'ceiling-tall' teak wood palm trees. There is even a 'Swings Patio' that you must see to believe! Follow your favorite team while sitting at our 'Blue Dolphin Bar,' which is the perfect atmosphere to wind down after a business day or week. Steve's Landing serves its customers with exceptional food, personal service, and an atmosphere that is like no other on Bolivar. Enjoy waterside dining with fresh seafood, premium steaks, colorful salads, and delicious desserts. Immerse yourself in this dining experience, and enjoy the sunset, as well as the Gulf's intra-coastal waterway.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Strange, we have been to so many Galveston places and always felt underwhelmed. Aside from Mosquito cafe and Rudi and Pacos the quality is just average. Then we went to Stingerees and Steve's and I'll tell you it is worth the trip! I had fried shrimp that honestly was the freshest and best prepared I have had in all of Houston and Galveston, amazing green beans... Fries were standard and could be better and my wife had stuffed shrimp which was awesome... If u love blue cheese dressing it is homemade and fantastic... Place was clean very friendly and it was spring break so it was busy... This is the best fried shrimp in the area ! I can't wait to go back

1  Thank Bevoguy2

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The crab cakes are full of crab, very little filler with a homemade killer sauce served on the side, the dinner comes with a cup of gumbo which I adored. My husband and I love sitting at the bar, it is less. Hectic and more relaxing because it is beautiful. We have dined at the tables when we had friends along, and my friends said our server should have written everything down, but she was great, she was on top of our service and we all went away happy and full of fried snapper and fried shrimp, and gumbo. We loved the experience.

2  Thank DeannaHallam
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Terrific. That is the word to describe this new resturant. The location on the water is excellent as is the food and the atmosphere. I saw this resturant advertised on a local news station and decided to give it a try. We went with friends and now they are taking friends there this upcoming weekend. There is plenty of seating and big palm trees inside. Plenty of outside seating and really cool swings looking over the water. I highly recommended this place.

2  Thank Tapa14
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Got there off hours, sat outside, nice weather, good lunch (fried fish/sweet potato fries). Tried the pineapple Mojitos, which was good. This place is about 10 minutes from the ferry.

2  Thank 891travelling891
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We went down to bolivar to spend the weekend at a beach house for valentines day and decided to make reservations at Steves L.We (4) arrived 15 min early like they suggested, were seated rather fast and then it began. The waitress was nice, looked overwhelmed and so did the other 3-4 waitresses, understandably.They were Packed, people kept showing up and eventually a line formed. It took over 30 min to get glasses of water and 45 for our tiny plate of calamari, which was actually very good but slightly cold, understandably. waitress finally made it back and took some drink and food orders. The drinks never showed up. that was another 30 min. Me and my buddy had to go to the bar and order our REDICULOUSLY small overpriced drinks and my "Texas Tea" tasted like flat soda with little to no alcohol. friends draft blue moon was an 8oz cup, maybe. Coronas for the girls were dressed nicely but that doesnt take a whole lot of effort. at one point i did see the main bartender struggle to get a beer open like it had been his first time to open a non-twist off beer. this happened twice. The waitress was still supposed to be getting the food and drinks but we had already finished our drinks and appertizer so we headed back to the bar for our second and last drinks. We got back to the table and still no food. There were many frustrated faces and the main bartender/(soon to find out also Manager and Owner) was at several tables giving his apologies and comping alot of drinks im sure. My wifes blackened tuna was excellent (but we were starving at this point). My specialty item "grouper in cilantro lime sauce" came out with a fillet of ""grouper"" lightly battered and fried.. NO LIME SAUCE. the sides were green beans that seemed to come with every special dish and last but not least sweet patato fries that were the best ive ever had. We had also got a plate of fried oysters to share and they were very good, room temp to cold..who eats a cold fried oyster??...well only me when im starving. My friend and his gf's fried platter was room temp. Finally we called the bartender/owner over and he all he would offer was a round of drinks, whatever we wanted, which was nice i guess..girls got pineapple mojitos which they said were really good. He shouldve comp'd half the bill but oh well. had to get our own To-go boxes.
OVERALL opinions- need to staff up MAJORLY
meal prices too high.
better meal presentation
lower drink prices or up drink sizes
some decoration...pretty boring
organization
stick with the good qualtiy of food.

2  Thank Bolivarbound
rahibr, General Manager at Steve's Landing Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your sincere review! The problems you mentioned were all brought up in our meeting that night. Valentine's Day was the first day it got busy since our winter season, and did not expect that big of a crowd. We are definitely hiring more staff members, and we feel that was the main issue that night as well. We have been in the process of creating a new menu with better prices and more delicious items to accompany our current menu. When you are back on the Peninsula, please give our new Brunch menu a try! Thank you again for being an understanding customer, and we apologize for the wait times.