“Do Not Want”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Cuero
New York City, New York
“Do Not Want”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

When I checked in, the manager was eating a Derka Dog-style hotdog. He pawed at my paperwork getting orange cheeto residue on my reservation before wiping the remainder on his pants. The room was not much better. The bed was made but I could see the imprint of a body on top of the spread, as if someone had snuck in for a quick lie down. There were soiled kleenex strewn on the night stand and floor below. There were no towels near the shower and the bathroom door had a three inch hole cut all the way through it right about waist high.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Hellraiser97MBA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Damascus, Syria
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was the worse place I have ever been.

The room was filthy and had not been vacuumed in weeks. Shower had mold in it and toilet was broken. I would have rather slept with the bats in Kyle Field.

The owner/operator was rude and unhelpful. He would not even give me recommendation for a place to eat dinner. I have had better customer service in 3 world countries.

This hotel would even be a 1 star in Norman. That's how bad it is.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank FICO_12

Travellers are raving about these Cuero hotels

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Room was disgusting ! Saw several roaches in the bathroom, my towels were not clean(looked like dirt on them), and the whole room smelled like human feces .

• Stayed June 2012
16 Thank Tresenchiladas
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This place has terrible service. The rooms smell, have dirty bed sheets, and when I tried to talk to the owner/manager about getting a refund for my rooms, he refused to come out of his on property house. I finally had to call the Cuero PD! The owner, Mr. Patel is a very rude man, and will not talk to you unless you take drastic measure. And when he finally does come out, his comments come across as anti- American, and somewhat racist. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
14 Thank wdd1982
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I booked this hotel for one night because the best western hotel was booked. I arrived to check around 12pm and spoke to Bharat M. Pantel. I told him when I made the reservation I was not told the rate. He pulled out a piece of paper and showed me the rate. I asked if they had a military discount and he said no. I told him it would only be two in the room. He said if he saw more people, he would charge me more. I asked him why did he say that to me. He started pointing at me and telling me the rules. He started yelling at me and and pointing at me. I asked him to stop yelling and he said "I want to make sure you hear me". I said I am standing in front of you and can hear you so please stop yelling. He continued to yell and point at me. I told him I wanted to speak to a manager or his supervisor. He said it was no one else I could speak to. I again asked him to stop pointing at me and yelling. He said tell it to my president because Obama is always pointing on television. I got really upset and asked him what does that have to do with me. I then told him I did not want to stay at the hotel and he said I would be charged anyway. He said I could dispute the charge. I asked for his name and my daughter and I left. I had never been treated so rudely by hotel staff. I was surprised he was so rude and mean to me in front of my child. She asked me if he was a racist. I told her I did not know what was wrong with him. I told her maybe he was having a bad day. I then told my family what happened and my brother-inlaw went there and received the same rude treatment. We all stayed at another hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
12 Thank afparalegal
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Okay is all I can say for this hotel. I traveled to Cuero to visit family and this was the best hotel in the city at the time. The room was over priced for what I got, but I had no choice. It was clean... nothing fancy. The best part was there is an elevator and a pool and the room was quiet at night. The front desk clerk and house keeping were friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank oohsherry
Leander, Texas
Reviewed 23 December 2006

The wife and I booked a two-night stay at this motel in Late December in order to visit my parents in a small town 15 miles away. We have stayed here two or three times in the past, only because its the best Cuero has to offer (unfortunately). The rooms are "okay", but in our opinion overpriced. There is no coffee pot, microwave, or refrigerator in the rooms. The toilet paper was some of the cheapest stuff I've ever seen, even by motel standards. The shower head was one of the cheapest, poorest operating ones I've ever seen. After the first night, the cleaning lady failed to remove all the dirty towels and did not leave clean towels, shampoo, soap, etc.. The lobby, where a really weak continental breakfast is served, doesn't open until 7:00 AM -- somewhat late for many travelers. Didn't matter to us -- they didn't even have de-caf coffee. Let the travelers beware.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rates and no coffee pot in room
  • Tips/Secrets — Not many other choices in Cuero
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank GliderPilot
executive-inn-mgmt, Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2007
Since the posting of this review, the Executive Inn & Suites has undergone improvements on the existing property. New deluxe and premium rooms were added which all include a refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and much more. The existing rooms have all been upgraded to include key amenities and all rooms are offered decaf and caffeinated coffee. These are just a few of the amenities we offer so check out the new rooms and "stay professional" with us in Cuero, Texas.

Thank you.