“Great atmosphere”

Bake Shoppe and Cafe
Ranked #108 of 277 Restaurants in Cypress
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

I've been going to the Bake Shoppe for years. I love their sandwiches, desserts and flavored tea. I usually order the chicken salad sandwich but have been ordering the king ranch chicken lately. It's usually very creamy and cheesy, yumm! This last visit the cafe was extremely busy at lunch and took 20 minutes to order in line. That's excessive! We luckily found a nice two-person table by a window. Our food came out slowly as well, again, not typical. The food was much more disappointing. The king ranch chicken I ordered was over cooked and dried out on the sides of the casserole dish. Not typical but again, disappointing. I won't let this one time deter us from going back but encourage the Bake Shoppe to pay closer attention to quality control and not serve over cooked food -- the chicken was terribly dried out because it must have sat under a warmer for a very long time.

I will say that my salad and chocolate chip cookie was fantastic! Always love the ordering their homemade, chocolate covered ding dongs!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Bake Shoppe has casseroles to eat there or family size to go but the sweets are the reason for the visit in my opinion. Cakes made exactly to order and no 3 week advance notice is required here. The giant ding-dongs are to die for. Don't miss this place.