“One night”

Rodeway Inn Dalhart
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Dalhart
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stopped for a quick nights sleep. It looked old from outside, but the rooms were surprisingly nice inside. Clean, rather large, and fairly updated. They have a breakfast in the morning, but I left before 6. Will keep this one in mind for future travel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband says I'm a hotel snob. I'm not sure I agree but there are definitely some hotels I just won't stay at. At midnight when I'm tired, I'm much more open to a less than elegant hotel. These are the circumstances that brought us to the Rodeway Inn in Dalhart...and I just can't say enough good things about this hotel. More a motel than hotel honestly, it felt grand. The front desk was manned by one of the owners who even at midnight was kind and hospitable. Our room was surprisingly large and the true king bed was comfortable. The room was strikingly clean and the massaging shower head with as much hot water as you could use was refreshing. The continental breakfast was basic but complete. The cute breakfast room was well maintained and the owners were extremely hospitable. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Emily T
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in Dalhart for one night on our way back east. Without even seeing them you will know that Dalhart has stockyards. With that amount of livestock there will be flies. In a motel where the doors open to the outside the flies do not need keys to gain access. Hopefully, soon the flies can be trained to remove their own dead. We did get a few flies in the room. However, to did keep the door opening to a minimum.
The staff were friendly at check-in. The room was well furnished and clean. Noise was not a problem because there were only about 4 rooms used. Even though you could smell the stockyards outside there was no smell inside,
There is no shortage of water in Dalhart. Examples of this were the watered down coffee and orange juice for breakfast. Even for a continental breakfast it was poor.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoTimTim
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed one night in this hotel. The staff is very friendly and the room are very nice and clean. The staff makes sure you have everything you need and gives good recommendations for restaurants near by. It was quiet with not a lot of trucks and noise. One thing you will find, but this is true of most of Dalhart is that the air smells in the area like the stockyards so there are many flies. There are flies in most places in Dalhart. If there are no flies someone needs to spread that news to others so they won't be in most places like the restaurants too. (The fly thing does not work for me) The trains going through town may bother some but this hotel was a little further away so the noise was not bad. Breakfast was excellent at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The owners are rude!! The rooms are disgusting!! There are so many flies in the room they actually have a fly swatter in the room with dead flies on it.. The room is dirty, still had trash in it from the previous guest. They also charge you a pet fee of $10 that they will only take in cash. Hmmm bet Uncle Sam doesn't know about that!! This place is a dump!! We left and found a different hotel!! Do yourself a favor and don't even stop!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I reviewed this hotel last year and now I have to drop it down at least one rating point. Not sure if it was just the room I was in this time or not. The bathroom door would hardly close, the bathtub was patched up and the whole room seemed very dated. For the price I cannot say that it is a good deal.The pool was full of water but we were told it was closed, disappointing for the kids. We didn't eat breakfast here as it did not look inviting enough to spend the time. Remembering the terrible coffee from our last visit, I even passed on that. Next trip through this area I will try a different hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We found several of the motels in this area pricey and we didn't know why.. La Quinta was $139. So we opted for Rodeway which appeared to be the least expensive and easy for just one night. I like that you park right in front of your room. With tax it was about $96. The young woman at the front desk was very pleasant and checked us in quickly. The room is fairly big. The carpet, blanket, curtains are worn. The TV volume/sound did not work properly - it would change without touching the control to normal volume, to no volume, to loud. The AC works very well, kept the room cool, but it is pretty loud. We pulled the mattress back from the headboard due to a spider on the bed and found lots of dirt/dust below the headboard. This is an obvious place for most hotels to vacuum and keep clean. Grossed me out. The pool is out of service. To pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family