Econo Lodge
US$84
Priceline
US$73
Hotels.com
Tri State Motel(Dalhart)(Great Value!)
Sands Motel(Dalhart)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are clean and comfortablefirst floorbiscuits and gravystaff was friendlyventrailroadmicrowave
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Pros: Staff was incredibly nice/helpful. Continental breakfast. Great water pressure in shower.

Cons: A/C unit cuts off and allows room to heat up before turning back on.... woke up every time this happened during the night. Shower is set up backwards. ... blue means hot water and red means cold water. Beds are hard, hard. And breakfast was not replenished. There was one egg left, so that was my breakfast. ... my dad just had a glass of milk, because there was no other source of protein available.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lee n, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Cheap and right in a convenient spot of Dalhart--decent area with food and gas nearby. Rooms are clean and comfortable for a quick night. The outside of the hotel leaves a bit to be desired, but if you're willing to go IN, it'll be ok. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
lee n, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am a disabled woman who is allergic to cigarette smoke. I booked (prepaid reservation) a handicapped, non-smoking room. At check-in, the self-proclaimed owner-manager, Viral (Lee) Naik informed me that he was not going to honor my reservation for a handicapped, non-smoking room. It was midnight. I had just driven over 550 miles. I gave up and gave in and asked for any room for which he would honor my prepaid reservation. He then informed me that he would not be honoring my prepaid reservation by giving me *any* room at all, and he also wasn't going to give me my money back. After more than thirty minutes of verbal abuse, I had to threaten to call the police to get my money back. My male business partner had to step in to prevent further verbal abuse. At that point, he gave me the keys to a smoking room upstairs, no elevator.

Room Tip: If you are alone, if you need a handicapped room, if you need a non-smoking room, do not stay here at all.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SkyeDS
lee n, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear sir,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We are very happy about our stay. The staff is very nice and helpful. We were allowed to have early check-in for no extra charge. Our room was very large (except the bathroom that was tiny) and the bed was comfortable. It was very clean (and no funky smell or cigarette smell) and everything was working well in the room. The flat-screen TV is big and there are many, many channels. There is also a large desk for working on my laptop. Wifi was OK but a bit slow at times. You can also use the computer for the guests in the lobby which can be really helpful. There is a laundry room.

I have to tell you that I was really impressed with the breakfast because it was not only a continental breakfast, there were also hot items. There was a good choice including fresh fruit, raisin bagels and a waffle machine. It was excellent. And the clerk in the morning was so nice and helpful. Her name is Sandra and she is really nice and helpful. She really is exceptional. The new manager is really nice as well. I got a discount because I am a member of CAA-AAA.

The only bad thing about this motel is the noise from the train. But all the motels and hôtels in this town are very close to the track...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
lee n, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear sarah,

Reviewed 18 May 2014

On May 14, 2014 we stayed in room 104. We did not look at the room prior to paying for it. Bad mistake. The door frame on the right hand side was ripped off, therefore, there was no clasp for the security lock. The faucet in the tub was loose, the tub not draining right, the shower not spraying fully, the screws of the towel rack coming out of the wall, and a chair cushion was totally frayed. We spoke to the staff in the morning and were told that the woman who rented us the room in this condition is the OWNER of this motel. Interestingly, she asked us twice during check-in if we had a pet. We did not. Furthermore, in my experience a dog never ripped off a door frame. We paid $79.09 for this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple