“New Idea is Good”

Ranked #5 of 3,592 Restaurants in Dallas
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NEW YORK
“New Idea is Good”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Fun place with the emphasis on soufflés. Our group shared an assortment of various cheeses before dinner.which were great. The French onion soup I had was one of the top two or three I've ever eaten and the simple green salad my wife enjoyed Drew raves. Since Soufflés are the prime entree the members of our group each ordered one. My smoked salmon was unique and delicious , another person ordered a lobster soufflé and raved about it. Everyone enjoyed their choice.
The entire event was enhanced by the unique and quirky decor of this fine fun restaurant

Visited June 2014
1 Thank LONGISLAND001

San Antonio, Texas
“!! What a great place”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I was so so impressed with this place. We had the salmon souffle and a desert souffle. We sat in their indoor patio because we had our little mini aussie and it was great. Inside was magnificent! I will go back the next time Im in Dallas

Visited February 2014
Austin, TX, USA
“Great food, atmosphere and a surprise!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recently while visiting my daughter in Dallas we had a "girls" lunch with my daughters, and granddaughters at Rise no.1 restaurant. It serves good salads, sandwiches, soups, steak and tuna and desserts. But the major theme is Souffles! There are savory souffles and sweet souffles..too numerous to mentions; plus specials of the day. All of them absolutely delicious! The atmosphere is a small, sort of casual French bistro. Our "surprise" was when we walked in we were told we had the "Bush Table". Apparently former President George W. and his wife frequently go there. that was cool, but the "surprise was near the end of our meal a woman came over to ask if she could take a pciture of our table because she was a history teacher.??? Seems the "table" is made up of french school desks and the tops lift up...to show the signatures of President Bush, Barbara Bush, Laura Bush and Condi Rice...each under a separate desk lid. Seems they was at that table when he got the call that Osama Ben Laden had been killed. !! All in all a great place and will definitely go back! Oh yes, must try the "marshmallow" soup!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank AustinTXUSAJudy
Dallas, Texas
“Great every time!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have visited Rise several times in the past few years and have enjoyed it each time. Even if soufflé is not your favorite there are other dishes to try like the French onion soup or the salade niçoise to name a few. For me, the reason to go is the extensive wine menu, the cheese plate, and the soufflés. I love the French white wine flight with the cheese plate to start off. If it's cold outside, the marshmallow soup is a good starter. It is actually tomato soup with a dollop of cheese on top that looks like a marshmallow. It is delicious! But I can never pass up the cheese plate and wine. If you sit inside the restaurant and not on the enclosed patio, the waiter will bring the cheese cart over so you can choose the 3, 4, or 5 cheeses that you prefer. There is always a cheese for everyone, even if you are not a particular fan of cheese. This is the part of the meal that I love to enjoy with friends, wine, and good conversation. Of course, you have to order your soufflé early because, as the restaurant says, 'You will wait on your soufflé, but your soufflé will not wait on you.' I love the cauliflower and brie soufflé, but it was only offered for a limited time. My friends and I normally order a different one each and taste each other's, which is a fun thing to do if you are interested in several of them. If you can fit in dessert, the Grand Marnier soufflé is wonderful with coffee. Their coffee service with the French press resulted in one of the best cups of coffee I have ever enjoyed. Be prepared to stay for a while and spend a little extra, but you won't regret it! The restaurant is uniquely decorated and filled with products customers can purchase. I love the torchons and the soap.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank NorthTXRealtor
Dallas, Texas
“One of the best places to eat in Dallas!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was a little hesitant because I wasn't too sure about eating soufflés but OMG everything about this restaurant is Perfection! I have tried several of the savory soufflés(they have all been awesome) and if you are a chocolate lover, the Chocolate Soufflé is a MUST! There are other menu items that I still need to try. We like to sit at the bar around the chefs and watch them create. The restaurant is small but the atmosphere is oh so quaint! Even down to the bathrooms! We have always had great service. I have to say, my favorite time of year to visit is in the winter on a cold night. When you step in, it feels like you have traveled somewhere other than Dallas, TX! Rise no. 1, truly one of my favorites!!!

• Visited October 2013