“A good reminder for all ages” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 229 things to do in Dallas
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the sixth floor of the Dallas County Administration Building (formerly the Texas School Book Depository) from which Oswald fired those infamous shots, this historic exhibition chronicles the life, times, assassination and legacy of President John F. Kennedy. Online ticketing is now available through our website.
Calgary, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A good reminder for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We are from Canada and too young to have been a part of this time period, but we found the Sixth Floor museum respectful, educational, and very touching. It takes you through the time period and the day of the assassination itself, but it is done very tastefully. The conspiracy theories are addressed, but not a focus of the museum, it is simply a re-telling of the facts. The museum itself takes at least 3 hours to go through, but you can spend the whole day at this site. The Grassy Knoll and roadway are not what I expected at all - very small and clearly a major roadway. There is also a trolly tour (across the street from the museum entrance) that leaves every 2 hours and takes you on the route that Oswald took - this was a great tour and completed the whole experience.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Bogota, Colombia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Interesting and Educational museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

It was very interesting to visit the place where the shots that kill JFK where originated. it's full of history prior to his precidency and of course about the killing and the story after that. It was very crouded but it was ok. Children learned a lot, and so did we.

Visited July 2014
Kansas City, MO
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Very informative; very sad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

As a child of the 70's of course I'd never known this President except thru the history books. It was so great to learn who he was from the beginning of his Senator days, what he stood for and brought to the USA and how tragically this all ended in November 1963. I learned so much about him and was so pleased to see my 10 year old son take it all in and thirsting for more information! I must say he is totally obsessed now with history and wants to know more about our Presidents after this trip which is great considering all he normally cares about is his Wii games!

We also walked around the street where JFK was shot, the grassy knoll, etc. and it was so eerie in how I felt and it appeared that everyone there felt it too. We were standing on such a significant place in history and it was all just so incredibly sad. I would highly recommend this to anyone, young or old.

Visited August 2014
Worcester, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A step back in history, whether wrong or right?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I expected the grassy knoll, the road and the depository to be huge, what a surprise, I was shocked. The museum is on the floor of the supposed shooting, its a solemn place with photos and displays to wander around. There's a part cornered off where the shooting was supposed to take place... I say supposed purely because it's never been proven.
A visit is a must if you are interested, as I was and still am, but, I was amazed at how understated it was. Maybe it's an age thing, but it wasn't the overwhelming experience I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, you have to go see if you are in Dallas, but it's just another museum, there's nothing special about it. To me, having a President assassinated in such a wicked, public way is something that should be forever remembered, his family, what he was trying to do and his zest for life should be worthy of a greater memorial than this museum.
It's located via a lift and is easily accessible for the disabled, facilities are adequate and pleasant.

2 Thank lisa s
Centennial, Colorado, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“So informative and well done. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

From start to finish, a classy museum. So much information, good and bad. Large crowds but still worth it. We talked about what we learned for several days after. A must see for downtown Dallas!