“They charge $ 75.00 for incidentals now.”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
Ranked #131 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Booked thru priceline. Had a pretty good idea I would end up with this hotel, however I assumed it would be the one down the road on Vantage point. I have been staying on and off at Extended Stays for the past 6 months. I have never been asked or charged for incidentals. This is the Main reason I stay at these properties.

I did attempt to check in. When Asked for the incidentals and responded and said I don't have it now. I was shocked when the asst manger offered me a refund. And then priceline agreed too it. Plriceline normally doesn't do that. I never did check in. But from the looks of the newly remodeled Lobby, The hotel looked nice and new and fresh. The front desk and asst. manager were very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: I never check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Monica M

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been 'doing time' at this hotel for over a month now, and about that much more left to suffer through. I’ve thought many times to myself over these past few weeks that I will be giving a scathing review online when I leave, but I have decided that to wait would do an injustice to many people who would be choosing whether or not to stay here over the next month.

First, let me say that I am a business traveler and have stayed at many, many extended stay hotels, including several Extended Stay Americas. But, I have never experienced such a complete lack of service and hospitality ever …. If I had, I would not have agreed to let my company place me here on this work assignment!

That said, what exactly have been the issues with this particular location, you ask? Well, I haven’t seen anything creepy crawly moving about and the room is relatively clean looking. I also do not mind the fact that the building is long overdue for an update/new carpeting/etc., because it is a “get what you pay for” world and the room rate is very economical.

My problems have been primarily with the staff, the site manager in particular (though the 3rd shift & housekeeping staff have been problematic as well). There are some guests here that appear to be living out of the place and may be, how shall I say this, of questionable character. And I suppose this reality may have created a need for a less than accommodating demeanor at times to hold the line with those who may be destructive or unruly. I, however, consider myself a ‘hotel guest’ and expect some modicum of customer service. I have had to go as far as have to contact the offsite regional/district manager just to get my room cleaned after two weeks of doing without. The most aggravating aspect, however, has been the unprofessional tone of some of the staff, including this location’s manager, Nichole.

So, unless you are looking for one of these types of places to temporarily live, while you are down on your luck, and wish it to be relatively cleaner & safer than many such places you may consider, I would suggest you stay away. This place is run like a ‘half way house’ rather than a hotel and will offend the sensibilities of any professional business or family vacation traveler.

Room Tip: I you wish for a clean & quiet room serviced by professionals, STAY AWAY!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank KeepinNTouch
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great location surrounded by restaurants and gas station. The rooms are exceptionally nice and the staff is even better! The entire team was genuinely kind and went above and beyond! I will stay here again. 5 star experience!

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff being truely great. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Extended Stay America on Saturday, June 29 to June 30, 2013 for one night. The class driving resumed at 8:00 am the next morning.
This a garden hotel, the room doors are facing the parking lot.
We checked in at 5:00 pm after a long day of attending Vespa Dallas Driving class.
The Hotel parking lot had only a few cars and it APPEARED to be a nice and safe Hotel.

We were in room #369 that was located on the bottom floor. Around 10:00 pm, we could hear a lot traffic of people arriving and going to a room up stairs. Then the party begin, the music was so loud who could hear it in the parking lot across the street. I called the front at 10:30 pm and talked the desk clerk named Bryan and he said the guest had complain also and He had spoken to the guest that was having the party to turn down the music. At 12:00 midnight, I went and video taped the music outside of my door and I called back to the front desk and spoke to a female night desk clerk and I video taped our phone conversation.

She also said, she asked the guest having the party to turn down the music. But the Hotel staff never called the police. This was the staff responsibility to do, not the guest.

At 3:00 am, I walked over to the front lobby of the Hotel and it was locked with a sign posted on the door saying, call the operator and press the number 0 if you need assistance, the Hotel lobby is closed. This was first for me. The Hotel lobby closed.

It was clear the Hotel does allow their guests to have loud parties at the Hotel. But they did not warned or informed me of this before I checked in. I will never stay at any of the Stay America Hotels. They should change the Hotel name to STAY AWAY AMERICA!
Don't let the Hotel appearance fool you, they look nice on the outside.
But Stay America are slum Hotels.

The price was low for appearance. If Stay America could model the same with maintaining and training their staff on how to handle bad guest. Or, Stay America should post on their website, we allow drug dealers, night club parties, and provide prostitutes here at this hotel.
I would have stayed away.

We did not get any sleep, I should have stayed at La Quinta instead or the Holiday Day Inn.

This was the WORST Hotel ever.

ADL
Southlake, Texas

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I give it 10 on a scale of 1-10:). It had all the luxuries like home even though I wasn't.I will for sure be staying with them again.it was very CLEAN and well maintained.bed comfy and all appliances in working order

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that your stay was a 10 out of 10. We truly enjoyed providing you with a "home away from home" experience.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I'm on the first floor which is supposed to need smoke free.....not a chance. The smoke infiltrates into my room, and it indeed does smell of pot on occasion, as well. I am a business person who spends the majority of my day away from here, but regardless, I would not recommend this place to anyone, unless the only point of measure is low cost . There are multiple families living here long term, and I guess we all want a roof over our heads. So advertise it for what it is and be done with it. A low cost, low quality, central location......of course its not a 5 star hotel, it doesn't rate one star.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank unhappy5421
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It appears that your stay did not meet your expectation. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your review. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at dri@extendedstay.com.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

All rooms are smoking, though they advertise otherwise. Dirty, smelly sheets and pillowcases. Dirty walls and dirty kitchen. And by claiming that the person on one shift does not communicate with the others, they manage to over charge the client.

• Stayed: October 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave., responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my we are reviewing our communication process at the front desk. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dri@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.