Extended Stay America - Dallas - Greenville Ave.
Ranked #126 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was leaving another hotel in the area looking for something that could better suit my needs. I basically reserved the room on the road. Renee was very helpful and accommodating. Once I arrived, she let me view the room before making the final decision.

The room was very clean and the cabinets left open so that I could see that they had been cleaned. I didn't get the heebee jeebee feel that I got from the hotel that I left. I ended up staying for 2 weeks with children and the entire staff that I encountered were very nice and professional...especially Quinlan and Phyllicia.

The area was okay as it had plenty of stores, restaurants and a few parks. It was right off 2 major interstates to navigate through the city.

The only downfall was the undesirable element looming around the parking lot after dark...prostitution and drugs. However, just like any place you go, common sense is necessary for safety, especially when travelling with children.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 November 2013

let me start off by saying, I am not usually the type of person to write a review,good or bad,but I had to take the time to write a review on this particular hotel because out of all the hotels I've stayed in,this hotel had the most enjoyable staffI have seen in a long time.they are very accommodating very nice and go above and beyond what is expected of them.the hotel itself overall is okay to stay in, but the staff was really why I chose to stay longer than intended.

Room Tip: book off line with a promo code
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We arrived to the hotel and the clerk was cordial but not very friendly . After we got in our room , we had 1/2 roll of toilet paper , 1 coffee cup and no coffee , no batteries in our remote , we had to ask for ashtrays and an extra pillow , we had asked for towels as well but she forgot . Needless to say this will be our first and last time staying in this hotel brand . Oh , therewas trash still in our bathroom as well ....

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Extended Stay America is my first choice when travel for many reasons; the most important is the person in the front desk and room maintenance people after that all hotels are the same.

I LOVE EXTENDED STAY AMERICA.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The location is very good and convenient. It is very close to supermarket, gas station, and restaurant. The interior is nice and clear with a good sized kitchen. The morning grab and go breakfast is nice and convenient for people hurry to go to work.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of things to bring in, you may ask for the 1st floor. There is a side exit door ea...
Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Booked thru priceline. Had a pretty good idea I would end up with this hotel, however I assumed it would be the one down the road on Vantage point. I have been staying on and off at Extended Stays for the past 6 months. I have never been asked or charged for incidentals. This is the Main reason I stay at these properties.

I did attempt to check in. When Asked for the incidentals and responded and said I don't have it now. I was shocked when the asst manger offered me a refund. And then priceline agreed too it. Plriceline normally doesn't do that. I never did check in. But from the looks of the newly remodeled Lobby, The hotel looked nice and new and fresh. The front desk and asst. manager were very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: I never check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Monica M
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been 'doing time' at this hotel for over a month now, and about that much more left to suffer through. I’ve thought many times to myself over these past few weeks that I will be giving a scathing review online when I leave, but I have decided that to wait would do an injustice to many people who would be choosing whether or not to stay here over the next month.

First, let me say that I am a business traveler and have stayed at many, many extended stay hotels, including several Extended Stay Americas. But, I have never experienced such a complete lack of service and hospitality ever …. If I had, I would not have agreed to let my company place me here on this work assignment!

That said, what exactly have been the issues with this particular location, you ask? Well, I haven’t seen anything creepy crawly moving about and the room is relatively clean looking. I also do not mind the fact that the building is long overdue for an update/new carpeting/etc., because it is a “get what you pay for” world and the room rate is very economical.

My problems have been primarily with the staff, the site manager in particular (though the 3rd shift & housekeeping staff have been problematic as well). There are some guests here that appear to be living out of the place and may be, how shall I say this, of questionable character. And I suppose this reality may have created a need for a less than accommodating demeanor at times to hold the line with those who may be destructive or unruly. I, however, consider myself a ‘hotel guest’ and expect some modicum of customer service. I have had to go as far as have to contact the offsite regional/district manager just to get my room cleaned after two weeks of doing without. The most aggravating aspect, however, has been the unprofessional tone of some of the staff, including this location’s manager, Nichole.

So, unless you are looking for one of these types of places to temporarily live, while you are down on your luck, and wish it to be relatively cleaner & safer than many such places you may consider, I would suggest you stay away. This place is run like a ‘half way house’ rather than a hotel and will offend the sensibilities of any professional business or family vacation traveler.

Room Tip: I you wish for a clean & quiet room serviced by professionals, STAY AWAY!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business