“Pictures actually match with reality” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln
Ranked #78 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Brownsville, Texas
“Pictures actually match with reality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here two days ago and the stay was great. The rooms were clean and neat. Breakfast was great and we saved a good amount of money eating here and the staff was also very helpful.

There were actually less people than I thought staying here, maybe because of the holidays or more people wanted to be closer to the stadium for the Thanksgiving game. It was pretty quiet either way, even with the obvious construction of the highway almost right next to us. Plus our room was right next to the elevator and there were no unexpected guests coming in loudly at weird hours of the night.

Two things that did bug me though. We got in late so all we wanted to do was dump out suitcases, change and sleep. Unfortunately we found out that the curtains do not close all the way and we had a light right outside our window. We managed to cover most of it but we could never really close it all the way. So I suggest night masks. Another was not so bad but could be annoying if you have sensitive noses or allergies, there was a faint smell of smoke in the air. Not a lot but like someone couldn't hold it anymore and just had to light up that one cigarette before they left. Annoying but not too bad later because it did go away.

Oh, and the place is next to a club. I'm pretty sure it was a gentlemen's club and they stayed open pretty late on regular days but we got lucky and it was the holidays. Plus we were too tired at the end of each day to really notice the music which wasn't too bad but could be a problem if you're not used to it.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to noise ask for a room close to the middle of the building. One side of th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
Hollis, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Enjoyed staying here with my family over the Thanksgiving holidays. Rooms were clean, beds were very soft and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Close to all of the shops on Harry Hines. Breakfast was really good with bacon, sausage, ham, eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffles, etc. Hallways did reek of cigarette smoke and some of that did come into the room. Lots of construction in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I travel a lot. I've stayed in every class of hotel: from roadside motels in desert towns in Arizona, to 5-star luxury resorts. My current company limits my budget for hotels, so I've been staying at La Quinta Inns pretty regularly. I feel that this chain in particular provides good value for the money. Nonetheless, certain locations have been a little run-down. As far as La Quinta goes, this is by far the best one I've stayed at thus far. It's super clean. The rooms are spacious, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The breakfast spread was also more expansive than what I've seen at other La Quinta locations. Overall, it's a great choice. It's even nicer than some 5 star hotels I've stayed at. That's saying a lot. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sdglobal
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great area , clean rooms, good staff! Very helpful! We will return ! Plus military rate, was v. Good! The only thing I would suggest is to allow guest to check in as soon as they arrive . We had to rush to get to the game.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family