“Family Friendly”

Ranked #57 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Mineola, Texas
“Family Friendly”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was a in-town get away with the family. We really enjoyed it. The room was huge. Bed was comfortable. I would given a 5 however I just could not get over the wrt dog smell in the lobby as it was raining and the hotel was allowing pets.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lexy B, Manager at Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We value your feedback and we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the smell you encountered in our lobby. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the rest of your visit with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Each stay here comes with challenges - room comfort (such as climate control - lack thereof), to repair staff that doesn't show without multiple calls, to telephones not answered by ANYONE late in the evening and before 7AM - I shudder to think of having a TRUE emergency...

Perhaps this is a top-down issue?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lance M, Front Office Manager at Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a Middle school dance for some 7th & 8th grade students and the ballroom was the prefect size we really liked that they had a nice out door sitting area just to the side of the ballroom that was a contained area. For this age group we had plenty of chaperones to keep an eye on them and with the bathrooms close by this made for a wonder place to have it. We are hoping to keep this venue a regular for the next few years. The dance floor was a bit small and hope that the hotel will invest on adding on to the existing floor. Food was very good and the service was wonderful. They made sure that all the food and drinks were filled and ready for our students. The hotel staff was very helpful in helping us keep all our rooms on the same floor so that we would not interrupt any of the other hotel guest. This worked out wonderful and did not have to worry about teens riding the elevator to other floors to see their friends.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful love the layout and the way that the room was set up. Having the doors...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Michael N, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Patty,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience that you and your students had at our hotel. I am delighted that you had a fantastic experience and we are honored to be able to be a host of such a special event. I will be sure to share your accolades to our team.

The ballroom is a perfect place to have an event. It is beautiful and has a great layout. Our goal is to always surpass our guest’s expectations.

Thank you once more for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again when holding your next occasion.

Always At Your Service,
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Dallas Marriott Suites while I was working in downtown Dallas. We wanted a location that she could easily drive me back and forth and rest in a comfortable room while I was working.

The rooms were spacious, clean and very nice. The proximity to downtown is great. You can save a little money by staying at a hotel not directly in downtown. Rates are a little cheaper and you don't have to pay for parking.

The one HUGE negative was that a water pipe burst and the hotel didn't have running water one morning for hours. It was extremely frustrating (though not the hotels fault). The hotel didn't have a great plan except to hand people bottles of water to wash off with and brush teeth. They did offer a free nights stay on a future visit but you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get your free night.

Overall a great experience. If i were working downtown, I'd choose this location again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Hogsraz:

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We are happy that you were pleased with your experience and our location. I do apologize again about the water pipe burst. It was a city water pipe that not only affected us but the entire area around us. I realize this is definitely an inconvenience and I want to say thank you for remaining our loyal guest during this trying time. I am happy to hear how the staff responded.

We look forward to seeing you again anytime you are in the Dallas area.

Warmest Regards,
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Before I stay anywhere, I always do my research on tripadvisor. This hotel had mixed reviews which was a gamble; however, I went ahead with it. When I first pulled up into the driveway to unload my bags a tall gentleman named layce with a smile helped me out of my car and offered to take my bags up to my room. Being elderly isn't easy especially while relying on a cane. After I parked my car and arrived to the front desk two lovely girls greeted me as if this hotel was my home. After arriving to my room I noticed it was a double rather than a king since the king rooms weren't available anymore. The gentleman who helped me with my bags moved around all my furniture so I can walk around my room with ease. The restaurant staff was very friendly especially Valentin and turns out that layce was the restaurant supervisor and sent back my salad and had them bring me out a less soggy salad. My only complaint was that the freeway is very loud at night. Overall I strongly recommend this hotel to those in a stupor deciding if this hotel is the right stay since there are mixed reviews.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear JLawrence:

Thank you very much for your nice comments! We wish we could clone some of our wonderful staff. I will certainly inform them of your gratitude and great comments. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Best Regards,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went to Dallas for business and the Marriott was the located the closest for my meetings and within my business per diem. What a great surprise! Beautiful hotel with a nice bar area, very personable staff and upgraded to a 1 bedroom premium room

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill M
Amjad A, Manager at Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Mr. Bill,

Thank you for sharing your comments during your stay at the Dallas Marriott Suites Market Center; we do appreciate your business and we are so thrilled that you enjoyed it.

We love what we do and we work hard to make every guest’s stay as enjoyable as they expect.
Hope to see you and serve you in the near future.

Amjad Asaad
Louisiana
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Trip to Six Flags with two teenage boys. Throughly enjoyed our stay. Nice, very clean hotel with gated parking. The rooms are very nice and spacious. Great price too! We had a king suite. Loved the two separate rooms separated by double doors and separate dressing area. Comfortable bed, comforter and pillows. My only complaint is that I booked a room with double beds and was told upon check-in that none were available. They did offer extra bedding for the sofa bed and free internet for the inconvenience. I would happily stay again!

Stayed April 2014
Amjad A, Manager at Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to see you again
Another awesome stay.