“Quiet location for if attending conventions in the area.”

Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center
Ranked #81 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly and quick. I had two rooms reserved and was pleased to find out that they would be side by side. We stayed 2 nights the weekend of Quakecon so I was a bit concerned about not getting the rooms advertised. Our two rooms were both king rooms, but one of them was on the inner corner of the courtyard which had considerably less room than the second. The smaller room also didn't have a fridge like the larger room. Also, both rooms were advertised as having sofa beds but there wasn't one in either. This derailed the travel plans of a friend who had intended on coming down for Quakecon Friday night. Even numbered rooms face the courtyard and which reduces traffic noise.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel during A-Kon 2013 for 4 nights. I had the single king bed room and it was quite nice. I would rate it 5/5 if it had a refrigerator but it didn't. There are few places within walking distance to eat besides a Denny's and a BBQ place which was a downer for me. There was a pool and spa there but I didn't get a chance to use it. The rooms were quiet and no sound of street traffic. You get coffee mugs instead of paper or foam cups like in other hotels. Walking it's about 15 minutes to the light rail station from there you can go downtown to get more restaurant choices. I would stay here again no major problems happened to me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SkyCommander
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next year when A-KON comes around again.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

I like the new Courtyard lobby area a great deal. Very engaging, I worked in that lobby all day, took a walk, even though i didnt use the pool, I saw others enjoying it. This property is clean, nice staff. Neighborhood is a tad rough if you like to walk for the am exercise but do it during the day, you're all good. There were issues getting a timely shuttle but they were using a new rental van in place of the shuttle. Stuff breaks at my business too. My room was as clean as if mom did it.

Room Tip: Room 136 was quiet and the view was great
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jimvet1826
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We're glad to see that you had a great experience and we appreciate the time you spent leaving your feedback about your most recent stay. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the area

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I thought that the staff was a bit rude, rushing me in and not wanting to answer questions about the area. The front desk clerk was blunt and to the point. The room was nice, comfortable beds and nice lineup on the television. Business center came in handy for printing trip planners. Overall it was nice, but the service was a bit lacking. Free newspapers were nice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving us some feedback about your most recent stay. We're sorry you had a more than forgetable check-in experience, believe me that is not the norm and not something we support, but we're glad you were able to enjoy your stay despite the troubles you encountered at check-in.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed at they at this courtYard by Marriott for 2 nights and at check in,the guy that that checked me in,took it upon him self to place an unauthorized amount hold on my credit card in the amount of $390.00 when my mother was paying for the 2 nights that had stayed there.I was told that the only hold that would be on my credit credit card was the incidental hold i determned that that was a lie.in town for 2013 A-KON anime convention.the hotel mangament does not deni these inappropriate actions.When me and my mother tried to get the unauthorized amount hold removed from my credit card,we were given the run around and the employees at the front desk were rude and we were not treated with the proper respect that you would expect from a Marriott hotel.After dealing with the hotel's director of sales,you know who you.the director of sales at this Marriott hotel is a true icon to marriott and a true hero in my eyes.the manager,a very respectful gentlemen you know who you are as well,resolved the problem at hand after he and I worked together to resolve the issue at hand in a peaceful and professional manner.The manager of this hotel,a gentlemen,and scholar should be recognized for his outstanding efforts in resolving the issue with the unauthorized hold on my credit card.If you are looking for a really good and classy Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Dallas to stay in,this is the place for you.If I was to stay with Marriott again in the future in Dallas,tx I couldn't think of a better place then that I would stay at then the Courtyard by Marriott at Dallas Market Center.Thank you very much.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you attended the A-Kon Convention here in Dallas. We're sorry you had a sour experience with our front desk staff but I'm glad our Assistant General Manager and Director of Sales were able to meet your needs and accommodate you as you are accustomed to while staying at a Marriott branded property. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again next year during the A-Kon Convention.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was here for business and the hotel exceeded my expectations. Not only was it comfortable, it was quiet and they had the best pillows. I never slept so soundly away from home. This was bad, because I overslept and almost missed my meeting. LOL
Staff were helpful and very pleasant!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is a safe, reliable Courtyard when staying in the Dallas area - nice and close to downtown. I got in late so didn't really enjoy the Bistro at night and my breakfast meeting in the morning had me miss it then as well. I did use the fitness room and it was fine. The room was clean but did have a faint smell - it may need a carpet cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We appreciate the feedback about our fitness room, we'll take a look at this and see what we can do to improve the room quality. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in!