“Nice Place to Stay!”

Ranked #78 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Newark, Delaware
“Nice Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My team and I stayed 5 nights and overall it was a great stay. Slight hiccup during check in and the first day but the General Manager responded to my concerns and best of all showed a genuine appreciation for my loyalty to the Marriott Brand. The hotel is clean, updated and the Bistro is very convenient for those early days and late nights. I was concerned about the area based on other reviews but I have to say the hotel seems to take safety seriously. I had an early flight so I left the hotel at 4 am. I passed someone in the hall that looked like a maintenance person and when I was waiting at the elevator I heard him or someone else on a radio saying "we have a woman exiting the rear of the building". I didn't think much of it until I got outside and noticed there was a security person driving by. He stayed until I was safely in my vehicle and I thought that was awesome.
This was the first time staying at this location but based on the stay we will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you and your team visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback about your stay! Again, I am sorry we ran into some concerns to start your trip but I'm glad we were able to rectify and ensure that you and your team enjoyed the remainder of your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you and your team members again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Staff were friendly and quick. I had two rooms reserved and was pleased to find out that they would be side by side. We stayed 2 nights the weekend of Quakecon so I was a bit concerned about not getting the rooms advertised. Our two rooms were both king rooms, but one of them was on the inner corner of the courtyard which had considerably less room than the second. The smaller room also didn't have a fridge like the larger room. Also, both rooms were advertised as having sofa beds but there wasn't one in either. This derailed the travel plans of a friend who had intended on coming down for Quakecon Friday night. Even numbered rooms face the courtyard and which reduces traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2013
Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel during A-Kon 2013 for 4 nights. I had the single king bed room and it was quite nice. I would rate it 5/5 if it had a refrigerator but it didn't. There are few places within walking distance to eat besides a Denny's and a BBQ place which was a downer for me. There was a pool and spa there but I didn't get a chance to use it. The rooms were quiet and no sound of street traffic. You get coffee mugs instead of paper or foam cups like in other hotels. Walking it's about 15 minutes to the light rail station from there you can go downtown to get more restaurant choices. I would stay here again no major problems happened to me.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SkyCommander
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback about your most recent stay with us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next year when A-KON comes around again.
Clearwater, FL
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I like the new Courtyard lobby area a great deal. Very engaging, I worked in that lobby all day, took a walk, even though i didnt use the pool, I saw others enjoying it. This property is clean, nice staff. Neighborhood is a tad rough if you like to walk for the am exercise but do it during the day, you're all good. There were issues getting a timely shuttle but they were using a new rental van in place of the shuttle. Stuff breaks at my business too. My room was as clean as if mom did it.

Room Tip: Room 136 was quiet and the view was great
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jimvet1826
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We're glad to see that you had a great experience and we appreciate the time you spent leaving your feedback about your most recent stay. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to the area
Kirksville, Missouri
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I thought that the staff was a bit rude, rushing me in and not wanting to answer questions about the area. The front desk clerk was blunt and to the point. The room was nice, comfortable beds and nice lineup on the television. Business center came in handy for printing trip planners. Overall it was nice, but the service was a bit lacking. Free newspapers were nice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you visited the Dallas Medical/Market Center area. We appreciate the time you spent leaving us some feedback about your most recent stay. We're sorry you had a more than forgetable check-in experience, believe me that is not the norm and not something we support, but we're glad you were able to enjoy your stay despite the troubles you encountered at check-in.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at they at this courtYard by Marriott for 2 nights and at check in,the guy that that checked me in,took it upon him self to place an unauthorized amount hold on my credit card in the amount of $390.00 when my mother was paying for the 2 nights that had stayed there.I was told that the only hold that would be on my credit credit card was the incidental hold i determned that that was a lie.in town for 2013 A-KON anime convention.the hotel mangament does not deni these inappropriate actions.When me and my mother tried to get the unauthorized amount hold removed from my credit card,we were given the run around and the employees at the front desk were rude and we were not treated with the proper respect that you would expect from a Marriott hotel.After dealing with the hotel's director of sales,you know who you.the director of sales at this Marriott hotel is a true icon to marriott and a true hero in my eyes.the manager,a very respectful gentlemen you know who you are as well,resolved the problem at hand after he and I worked together to resolve the issue at hand in a peaceful and professional manner.The manager of this hotel,a gentlemen,and scholar should be recognized for his outstanding efforts in resolving the issue with the unauthorized hold on my credit card.If you are looking for a really good and classy Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Dallas to stay in,this is the place for you.If I was to stay with Marriott again in the future in Dallas,tx I couldn't think of a better place then that I would stay at then the Courtyard by Marriott at Dallas Market Center.Thank you very much.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Christopher P, General Manager at Courtyard Dallas Medical/Market Center, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you attended the A-Kon Convention here in Dallas. We're sorry you had a sour experience with our front desk staff but I'm glad our Assistant General Manager and Director of Sales were able to meet your needs and accommodate you as you are accustomed to while staying at a Marriott branded property. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again next year during the A-Kon Convention.
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was here for business and the hotel exceeded my expectations. Not only was it comfortable, it was quiet and they had the best pillows. I never slept so soundly away from home. This was bad, because I overslept and almost missed my meeting. LOL
Staff were helpful and very pleasant!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business