“One night stay for school class next day”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)
Ranked #91 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“One night stay for school class next day”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed overnight for a class the next day in Dallas. Room was in good shape and content. Took greyhound bus and took taxi to the Hotel (27 total with tip included). The hotel is near the hiway. Quiet and clean and I was on the 2nd floor which was non-smoking floor. Room had a stale smell and was gone once turned on the air conditioner to get air flowing. Room was double queen and overal clean condition and good to stay in since just sleeping. The food was decent.

Cereal/eggs/yogurt/eggs/toast/bagel/milk/sausages/gravy/biscuit and good mix. Lobby was clean and so was the food area. Business area was a desk with cpu/printer attached.

Booked via hotwire for $68 total, unable to use my membership card since it was though hotwire.

Overall happy and content and would refer this to anyone looking for a hotel.

Taxi from hotel to the campus was around $15 with tip included already.

No noise or smells noted. Bed was firm and no problem sleeping. Water pressure was good

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mbtran321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several days, as I was on a business trip. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I wasn't impressed with the breakfast however I haven't been back to the States for two years - I forgot that all the food is processed: pancakes out of a machine, orange juice from a box, nasty cinnamon buns. Sugar, sugar, sugar ....ahhhhh the American breakfast (I didn't miss you).

Anyway...I have no other complaints. My room was quiet and the air-conditoner worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mikeycee0630
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear mikeycee0630,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am happy that you found the bed comfortable and noticed the cleanliness of the room. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that this issue will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I really like this hotel and its location is very convenient to restaurants, downtown Dallas etc....
The staff is very friendly and helpful and they remember you!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lettucecook
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I chose this hotel because of the competitive rate. I was in a hurry and did no research but figured HIE would be okay. Even if I had checked Trip Advisor first I would have booked this hotel because the reviews are good but I really can't understand why.
I got in at about 9 PM and went directly to find a bite to eat. There are plenty of options but they're spread out among as many "gentleman" clubs (first red flag). After grabbing a snack I was accosted by a beggar in the restaurant parking lot (second red flag). I went back to the hotel and observed a “couple” checking in that I suspect had asked for an hourly rate (third red flag).
My bed was clean and comfortable and although the room had been cleaned it had the smell that indicated it wasn’t really clean at all. My desk chair was broken and the unfriendly receptionist said she couldn’t do anything about it but then offered to let me take a chair from the breakfast area. There is no coffee in the lobby so I had to go next door to the Waffle House to get a cup.
This is probably the nicest hotel in this neighborhood but it’s just a real bad neighborhood and I think HIE tries but no matter how lipstick you put on a pig, it’s still a pig.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BamaBarcoder
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Dear BamaBarcoder,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

I was disappointed to hear that we had failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. I am also sorry if you were not completely satisfied with the cleanliness of our rooms and if some amenities didn't work. We regret that we were not able to resolve your troubles before you had departed.

Rest assured that all your comments will be looked into by the hotel's management and we'll make sure that everything will be addressed accordingly. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Dallas.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Well, maybe Palace might be the wrong word, but close.
We left the dump and found the Holiday Inn. What a relief.
From check in to check out, nothing but a pleasant experience.
Check inn took a few extra minutes, but was surprised to hear the apology and a snack package for our patience.

Excellent parking facility. The Hotel was very nice and very clean.

The room was no exception. Very nice, comfy and very clean.

The bed was great. Slept like a log. I believe our rate was in the 80.00 range, but worth the price from the other place we fled from.

That is where I will be staying next year on our annual dining trip.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank btuma2000
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband, 4 year old daughter, and I stayed on Friday and Saturday night. We stayed on the lower floor suite. It was more than enough room for us. The bed was very comfortable. The T.V. was difficult to work. The sound was easy to adjust but could not change channels. There was a thunderstorm and the cable went out. Had to call the front desk and found out that there is a box in the back of the t.v. that when used with the remote would change the channels. This is hard to do when you are in the bed. This was dissappointing. The bathtub drain would not drain properly. When taking a shower, water would fill up the tub. This was reported to a man at the front desk. He stated that sometimes they stick and he would send a maintenance man. I do not know if a man ever came but the problem was not fixed. Our room was close to the pool. This was nice. The pool was heated and there was a whirl pool. It was nice also. The towels small and very thin. They look like they had been around for awhile. The free breakfast was good and plenty to eat. When we went to the front desk on Saturday evening with questions, the young lady was not remotely interested in helping us or answering our questions. She would respond with "I don't know." Parking is limited but we did not have any problems. We were able to park by a side door that was close to our room. Overall, it was a fairly good experience and close to many attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Forrest City, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this location. The staff was great Melesia was awsome and very friendly. The resturents was in walking distance.Great Breakfast. This is a place i would go back and stay. This location was awsome food, bars, and wal mart was all in the area, you didnt have to drive far to get the things you need. I would like to say thanks to one of the staffs Miss.Melesia you were awsome and thanks for the warm enviroment.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family