Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)
Ranked #91 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Sachse, Texas
“Not Bad at All”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

The Holiday Inn brand has seen a huge drop in quality, they have always won the Frddy award and this year they have not. They didnt win it because of poor Hotels, badly maintained hotels, bad management and staff and could care less attitude of owners and corporations that own them, their ranks are now down to 17th or 18th of all hotel brands which puts them from what i have seen in the same category as a Best Western

This Hotel is nice,and affordable, althougth it is not in a great area, the rooms are well maintained and the satff is friendly. They have an Airport shuttle which is not working when i stayed there, and they still called a cab and paid for it becauseof the inconvinience. The beds are not bad and they have nice TV's with a great variety of channels. Lots of Mexican restaurants and Bars in the area, so you will never go hungry or thuirsty, just be weary of your surroundings specially at night.

Room Tip: Not bad for a night or 2 stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
West Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

we booked a Holiday Inn Express a few weeks ago while planning to come to Dallas for some testing for students. Booked through the IHG website and printed out a receipt that says :" Best price guarantee" "find a lower price and your first night is free" There is NO additional verbiage. Our rate is $108/night. Pad in advance. Not bad, BUT when we show up at the front desk, we learn that their rate for us having some testing done would be $79/night. 2 rooms, 2 nights each, and that is about $120 difference. Real money. The hotel front desk clerk can't make any adjustment. Called the IHG 800 customer satisfaction line and spoke w/"Don". Sorry sir, that is if you find a better rate within 24 hours, and bah blah blah. So they are not honoring what is plainly printed on the confirmation, front page. VERY DISSAPOINTED WITH IHG GROUP AND THEIR FALSE ADVERTISING.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WestTexan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear WestTexan,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced over the booking issues you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in Dallas you will give our hotel another try.

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel worked out ok for one night but I would not have wanted to spend additional nights there. We had an early flight and the location was good for that however, the location was pretty scary and we would not venture out in that area at night. The hotel itself didn't appear very appealing. The public area looked dingy. Our room was clean except the bathroom floor didn't look that great. The bed and sheets were comfortable and clean. The shower worked well too. We were put into a non smoking room however the room smelled of smoke. We asked to be moved but they said they could not move us. The clerk offered to cancel our reservation, but it was too late at night to find something else. We chose to stay, use some Lysol for the smell and it worked out ok for one night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear dsg560,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am so sorry our hotel was not able to meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
KC, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here 6/22/2013. We were able to get adjoining rooms. The only problem we had was we "rented" a kids show and it didn't have any sound. I was able to go to the front desk several hours later after we got the kids to bed and they were able to take it off. Breakfast was good and overall it was pretty average for a hotel.

Room Tip: Call to get the room you want if you need something special.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear kc_motraveler98,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed overnight for a class the next day in Dallas. Room was in good shape and content. Took greyhound bus and took taxi to the Hotel (27 total with tip included). The hotel is near the hiway. Quiet and clean and I was on the 2nd floor which was non-smoking floor. Room had a stale smell and was gone once turned on the air conditioner to get air flowing. Room was double queen and overal clean condition and good to stay in since just sleeping. The food was decent.

Cereal/eggs/yogurt/eggs/toast/bagel/milk/sausages/gravy/biscuit and good mix. Lobby was clean and so was the food area. Business area was a desk with cpu/printer attached.

Booked via hotwire for $68 total, unable to use my membership card since it was though hotwire.

Overall happy and content and would refer this to anyone looking for a hotel.

Taxi from hotel to the campus was around $15 with tip included already.

No noise or smells noted. Bed was firm and no problem sleeping. Water pressure was good

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mbtran321
Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for several days, as I was on a business trip. My room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. I wasn't impressed with the breakfast however I haven't been back to the States for two years - I forgot that all the food is processed: pancakes out of a machine, orange juice from a box, nasty cinnamon buns. Sugar, sugar, sugar ....ahhhhh the American breakfast (I didn't miss you).

Anyway...I have no other complaints. My room was quiet and the air-conditoner worked great.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mikeycee0630
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear mikeycee0630,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am happy that you found the bed comfortable and noticed the cleanliness of the room. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. Rest assured that this issue will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

I really like this hotel and its location is very convenient to restaurants, downtown Dallas etc....
The staff is very friendly and helpful and they remember you!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business