“Okay hotel, reasonably priced, close to freeway.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)
Ranked #92 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Alvin, Texas
“Okay hotel, reasonably priced, close to freeway.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The good, spacious room, with cold a/c and comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet was adequate and kept fully stocked. Walking distance to Starbucks and Waffle House. Free wifi with good connection. The not so good: back door to hotel was broken so anyone could get in without having a key, lobby was hot, the 3rd floor corridor smelled smokey and musty. Thankfully our room didn't smell.

• Stayed March 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Diane D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests needs the best way we can and we are so pleased you appreciate the breakfast served and our location. We apologize for the disappointment the condition of our facilities had caused you. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward them to the appropriate departments for future considerations.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Near Dallas Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful and accomodating. I had an unexpected extra person added to my stay, and they made it smooth and easy. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. It had a fridge and microwave as well as in-room coffee. Beds were comfortable and the parking lot was well lit.
An earlier review cited the parking lot signs warning you to hide or take your belongings. Every hotel I have ever stayed in while in Dallas has the same signs. I am pretty sure they are there by city ordinance. The area seemed safe enough and there was plenty to choose from nearby on restaurants and shopping.
Overall, this was a very nice stay. I definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Thank you to the lady working the Sun eve Dec 8 at the front desk of this Holiday Inn Express during the chaotic ice storm in Dallas. Like thousands of other people, my flight was cancelled and I was stuck in Dallas overnight. I called this hotel from the airport and could get a room and she was very pleasant in explaining how far the hotel was so I was aware how to get here with a cab. The room was very cozy and they offered me the phone number to the Pizza Hut so I could order dinner. Also got a complimentary toothbrush & toothpaste. Tomorrow hopefully if I can catch a flight out of Dallas when the airport re-opens, they have a shuttle to the airport. The roads are icy and I am away from home unexpectedly due to weather. This hotel made my stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
VXP2287, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear MISSREENA30,

We appreciate the positive feedback. Our mission is to provide excellent hospitality and it seems that was provided for you during the ice storm that particular weekend.

I will make sure to pass along your comments to our team.

Thank you for staying with us!

Front Office
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We reserved a King Non Smoking room and ended up on the 3rd floor in rm 314 where it reaks of a terrible smoke odor and is a double room! What makes it worse, we only chose this hotel because I called and they informed me that they will take us to and from the hotel! We arrive tonight and the attendant informs us they do not run their shuttle on the weekends. Irritated!! I will certainly stay in Addison at the Intercontinental (as I usually do) next time instead of tryin to cut a little time by staying near the airport. Terrible!!!! I only hope I get the survey!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Miller333
VXP2287, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Miller333,

Thank you for providing feedback for our team.

I apologize that you did not get the room type you reserved. Reservations that come through our system as a "standard room," are not guaranteed a specific room type and do get what's available in our room inventory for the day of arrival.

In addition, I apologize for the inconvenience we may have caused you in regards to our shuttle service. Our shuttle service has always been Monday - Friday 7am-10pm. I have clarified with the staff about our shuttle service hours.

We do take our guest's feedback seriously and have addressed our staff about the issues above.

Front Office

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed three nights during Texas-OU weekend. This appears to be an older property that has been refurbished/rebranded. The common areas were comfortable and generally up to HI Express standards. The exercise room is small and was experiencing some electrical problems. Cardio equipment was good, but there's only one weight machine, which was missing some attachments. No dumbbells or mats. We did not use the pool.

Of our two rooms, one was fine. The other had a perfumey smell, apparently to cover up some other less pleasant odor which we could not identify. The rooms were clean, and are very spacious, and everything worked. The beds were not as comfortable as in some other HI Express properties. There were water stains on the ceiling, probably from tub overflows in the room above us. The room safe did not work, and we were informed that none of the safes are operational. So why leave them in the rooms? We also had problems throughout our stay with some of the room keys failing to work.

Breakfast was standard for this chain; however, the one morning we ate toward the end of the serving time, some items had not been replenished, so the pickings were slimmer than usual.

Most of the staff, with a couple of exceptions, were friendly and helpful. The immediate neighborhood is pretty marginal (a "gentlemen's club" is across the street), but there is adequate parking and access and we felt safe. There is a Starbucks adjacent, which was nice. As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel is close to numerous restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Grotshops,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Huron, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Visiting for our 1st time to attend the Texas State Fair. No idea where to stay and just ended up here basically for the availability, price and location. Had a good experience here from the minute we walked in. We were warmly greeted by staff and quickly checked into our room. They even have free snacks waiting in the lobby. The hotel is older but nicely maintained. Great Breakfast but best of all the staff was so nice and helpful to us. It is close to the DART but you need to take a bus or car. The maid service was good and the room spacious. Beds comfortable. We didn't get to use the outdoor pool but looked nice. I would stay again.

Room Tip: If planning to use the DART system you will need a car or take the bus. About 1 mile or so from Hot...