“Decent hotel but bad neighborhood ”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)
Ranked #92 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
San Antonio, tx
“Decent hotel but bad neighborhood ”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We are a family of four with a 1 year old and a 3 year old that stayed one night at this hotel. We got this hotel thru Hotwire.

Pros :

1. The room was really spacious and had a suite area where the kids could play.
2. The bathroom countertop was large.
3. Breakfast was great. The lady in charge kept it well stocked. She was working hard, one could see.
4. Lots of storage room inside the room and the hotel itself looked well kept.

Cons:

1. The area where the hotel was located didn't seem good with gentleman clubs all around with one just a few yards away from the hotel. Not the fault of the hotel but we wouldn't have felt safe venturing out on foot after dark.

The hotel itself is family friendly but the area where it's located is a concern. We will not book this hotel just because of the neighborhood.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Dear krisans,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am delighted to read that you liked our spacious rooms, amenities and breakfast option. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It is regrettable that you did not find the hotel location preferable. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed on the night of Aug 14. Absolutely perfect in every way. Kind and efficient reception, big spotlessly clean room with more than adequate air conditioning, the best breakfast selection I've had in travel (and free!) and impeccably clean dining area, safe, all-in-all a 10 out of a 10. I travel a lot and stay mostly in another prominent chain and this was a last-minute stay, but I have to say on all points (including room cost), this has me rethinking and willing to consider HI Express in future travel. If they all end up like this experience, it'll be an easy decision. This was an extremely pleasant surprise!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mississippi
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Ugh. When I book a non-smoking room, I guess I should ask if the room has ever been used as a smoking room.

This hotel wreaked of smoke in several places. The strangest thing was if I kept my bathroom door closed and the vent fan off, it smelled like a smoke-filled bar when I opened the door.

The carpet in my room was old and thick and I believe trapped years of smoke in it too.

This is an old hotel that needs a makeover. I really wanted it to be nice since it's so close to the Love Field airport, but I can't do smoke.

Room Tip: Great place for smokers.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stop_At_Red_Lights
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Stop_At_Red_Lights,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Fairburn, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The hotel does have a musty smell in the hallway carpets, but the room was great. Very clean and well kept. Sometimes I can be a little picky, but I would stay here again. The staff is fantastic and the breakfast was cool. Honestly, I've stayed in Ritz Carltons before and the only difference is the rooms were much bigger and they had robes. I've seen a few bad reviews for this hotel but I didn't have any real issues with it at all( the refridgerator was kinda old, but I didn't even use it). If you are stuck up, you will find a lot of fault with the hotel, but if you are an avg laid back person, you will be satisfied. My sheets were clean, my shower was clean,and there was no mold growing in any corners of anything. I was there for a convention, so it was a little out of the way from the downtown area, but I liked the hotel. I would like to remind you that it is a Holiday Inn Express, not a Ritz Carlton so you can't go there expecting the same amenities. Word of advice...Fly into Love Field

Room Tip: If you're traveling with Kids there is a strip club across the st( u can't see it from the h...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on two trips in July. During each trip I stayed for 4 nights each. This hotel is a great place to stay since it is close to DAL airport (Love Field). The rooms are clean and modern. I appreciated the quality mattress and pillows. I was able to get good rest after long 12 hour days at work. The breakfast included was hot, fresh and tasty. I did use the workout room and was able to get a treadmill when needed. The nearby eateries are quality and offer good variety. There's also a starbucks in the adjacent parking lot. Really there's nothing bad to say about this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Indiana
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stumbled upon a gem in a bustling city. We had a wonderful night's rest in a comfortable and clean room. The kids really enjoyed the outdoor pool and our whole family enjoyed the nice breakfast that was provided in the morning. Everything went tremendously smooth for the duration of our time spent at this HIE.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

To be fair, I booked a room that gave the hotel the choice of where they put me. I had no idea hotels still had smoking rooms, but I was out into a smoking room. It was horrible.

The staff was friendly. The breakfast was decent. The room was right above the pool, and when the windows were open it was very noisy, but when they were closed it was near silent.

My room didn't have a trash can in the bathroom which was odd.

This hotel won't be one of my top choices when I come back to Dallas, but you could do a lot worse.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank tjug685
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E), responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear tjug685,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the breakfast selections and found our staff friendly. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced, particularly with your room accommodation. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests. We have forwarded your concerns to the respective departments and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Kind Regards,