“more than expected”

Residence Inn Dallas Market Center
Ranked #86 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I actually picked the wrong hotel when i was booking online. I was not disappointed however when I arrived at the hotel however. The staff was excellent from the front desk to the cleaning crew. The hotel is having construction done and it did not disturb my trip at all. It was a very convenient drive to the State Fairgrounds, downtown and took me no time to drive to Fort Worth also. The suite was big and I loved the convenience of a full kitchen if I needed. I would recommend this location if you are staying in Dallas.

Only complaint was my room did not have wireless internet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Great hotel stay during our TBRU weekend. Priced nicely... great wonderful quiet room..

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of complex. They seem to be the most quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

A family suite of two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen and living room- more than enough room for three adults and an infant. Property is starting to show its age and there is some remodeling underway. Location is very convenient to medical centers and Parkland Hospital.
Free hotel shuttle to Love Field. Breakfast is included: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, toast, cereals, and the usual assortment of juices and coffee. Hotel also provides evening meals- taco salads, burgers on the grill, etc. All included in the room rate. But the staff is where the hotel shines. Aurelia, the morning kitchenmeister, offers a "good morning" to each guest, promptly cleans up, and restocks the buffet. Front desk folks call cabs, provide balls for kids on the mini basketball court, fax multi-page documents, and print out maps for directions. Housekeeping offers to clean your room on your schedule to avoid any time conflicts. Hotel is clean but the decor appears to have aged. Reasonable rates, friendly staff, and convenient location to the freeways and medical centers.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Excellent staff. Hotel needs renovation and updating. Evening snacks at Mgr hour poor compared to competetors

Room Tip: Not much of a busiess center
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Imagine a hotel staff member driving packages to you at an event 2 miles away? It happened here. First, in the morning when the shuttle was busy, she drove me in her car to my event. Then when my delayed (FedEx) trade show packages arrived at the hotel, she drove 4 large boxes to a loading dock for me! I should also mention that when I was first dropped off at the hotel late at night, and showed a bit of anxiety about walking around outside to my room (location seemed safe but I get nervous), the woman at the desk immediately requested a security escort, who came right away and walked me to my room. All truly amazing. One more thing to note: The "room" was actually 2 good sized bedrooms each with closing doors (!!) as well as a living room and kitchen.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Service was fine, staff was friendly but rooms are very small and lots of freeway noise on the side they placed me. I am in Dallas again and this time chose another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank chddhs1
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We were blown away by the kindness and courtesy of the staff here! The room was very comfortable for our family of four (two small kids.) The only thing we did not love was the freeway noise, and while it wasn't too bad, we will probably look for a difficult location next time (it was also farther from where we needed to be in the DFW area, but that's not the hotel's fault!) While we were there, they were repairing the staircases, but it did not interfere with our stay. If we need a place in this area again, we would consider this property. Oh...and no Disney Channel...not a dealbreaker for us, but just something to consider.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family