“Comfortable stay; great bed!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center
Ranked #81 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, TX
“Comfortable stay; great bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2007

The Fairfield is a nice budget hotel, and the new bedding is extremely comfortable!

I needed to be in the Market Center area very early one morning, and since it was just a quick business trip, I didn't want to spend a lot on a room. This part of Dallas isn't the greatest, but I was pleased with Fairfield's security and cleanliness. My only complaint was the musty, strange smell in my room. Once I ran the a/c for awhile, the smell dissipated (or I got used to it). Based upon my experiences with other hotels in the area, I was thrilled to have such a comfortable bed, a clean room, and a quiet a/c.

The available breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Based upon other reviews I had expected limited choices, and was pleased to see cereals, bagels, boiled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, fruit, etc.

Should I ever have a similar short trip to this part of town, I'll stay here again.

• Liked — Beds, free wireless internet, proximity to business meeting, breakfast included in rate
  • Disliked — It's a no-frills hotel. Initial musty odor in room.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank blonde12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
West Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2006

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel while on summer vacation. We had several destinations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so this hotel was a nice place to make our daily outings from. The area felt like it was not the "safest", however, there is security in the parking lot. Our boys were thrilled with the pool. The room was clean and very nice. High ceilings make it feel roomy. Breakfast was also great, although so crowded on Sunday morning that the line for the waffle iron was quite long.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2006

I was not hopeful when I walked into the lobby of this hotel, but my experience was really quite positive. The staff were very friendly and I was greeted with warm cookies. The one-bedroom suite I was given was very nice. The bathroom was dark and small, but the rooms themselves were great. I had a nice stereo, couch, desk, bed (with clean and beautiful linens), etc... The room was great - especially for the price I paid. The hotel was centrally located and had a beautiful outdoor courtyard that is shared with the Marriott Courtyard next door. There is an indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub, patio, etc... I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
Lawrenceville, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2006

Whereas this wasn't the best Fairfield by Marriott I've stayed at, it wasn't bad, and lived up to the expectations of the name. The staff was friendly, the continental breakfast was very good, and they were able to accomodate my request for a refrigerator.

My only complaint is that the guest who previously occupied my room *hid* garbage underneath the nightstand where the maid couldn't see it. I only saw it because I moved the nightstand to plug something in. I would make 2 requests--To travelers: Don't hide your garbage where the maid can't find it. To chambermaids: Please move furniture to look for garbage.

Notwithstanding, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2006

Having the Courtyard Marriott right next to the Fairfield Inn causes a bad case of comparison! The price was right for this hotel (stayed two nights) instead of the Coutyard Marriott.

Denny's right next door if you don't want the breakfast (pretty slim picking but not that bad).

Nice pool but seems like it is in lobby.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank bowdenj

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2006

Sure the rooms are clean, but walls and floors must be paper thin. Stay top floor to avoid noise. Of course, Fairfield Inn cheaper and lower on the totem pole than other Marriott hotels. Not all that bad for the money, unless you need to go to sleep early.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank phil h
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2005

Not terrible, but not good. The rooms were fairly clean, but we had some plumbing problems, and the hallway was stifling and smelly. We stayed here because the Wyndham Market Center across the street was full. For about the same price ($60), the Wyndham is much nicer, cleaner, more comfortable, and has a bar, restaurant, and great service. Would not stay at the Fairfield again.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank MissKitty
Travellers also viewed these Dallas hotels
Downtown Dallas
Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Market Center

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center

Property: Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center
Address: 2110 Market Center Blvd, at Stemmons, Dallas, TX 75207-3321 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Dallas Market Center)
Region: United States > Texas > Dallas
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #81 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn Dallas Market Hotel Dallas