“I checked in and out within the same hour” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Medical / Market Center
Ranked #83 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
New York City, New York
“I checked in and out within the same hour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2010

My first impression when I didn't notice the entrance - I knew something was wrong! Since this reservation was booked by someone else I said let me try it any way - I would allow my worst enemy to stay here - not only was the room very small the decor blinded me and to top it off I reached for the lamp and shade completely fell off. The smell was awful for a non-smoking room - this hotel may serve a night for a trucker but not for me

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank _msmayor_nyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2009

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at – and I didn’t even spend the night!

My friend and I arrived at 2:00PM from the airport knowing very well that the check-in was not until 3:00PM. The hotel was buzzing because there was a cheerleader competition in town. When we arrived, the gentleman at the front desk informed us in a very rude manner that the rooms were not ready stating “and check-in is actually until 3:00PM.” Though we felt this comment was unnecessary, we shook it off, asked them to store our luggage, and were informed of a good restaurant where we could walk to get something to eat.

When we returned a little after 3:00, we were informed that only one of the rooms was ready. The room was in the WORST location of the hotel – in front of their indoor swimming pool on their first floor. I could only imagine the screams I would be hearing from the cheerleaders later on that day.

About 30 minutes later my friend decided that he better stop by the front desk to check to see if his room was ready. By this time, the front desk had changed shifts and there were two girls there. A few minutes later I got a call from him asking me to stop by because they were relocating him to the hotel next door. Apparently the hotel was undergoing a renovation and they were not going to be able to provide a room for him.

One of the girls was very understanding of the fact that we wanted to stay close together, but I cannot say the same for the other girl. She was literally scowling at the fact that we were asking if they could move both rooms. How was this not more of an inconvenience to her guest who had already unpacked most of her stuff?

The whole issue could have been avoided if they would have just told us when we arrived. In the end, my friend ended up getting upset and it was only after this that she agreed to change both of our rooms. She, however, never apologized for her attitude.

If I had to recommend something from this hotel it would be – stay next door! The Courtyard by Marriott was in MUCH better condition. Unfortunately, they are owned by the same company, so they share front office staff. Our “friend” at the desk was ready to meet us with her scowl once we moved over.

I am a very easy person to please, but there were just too many things wrong with this stay – and I didn’t even get to experience the loud noise from the pool! I hope very much that management find ways to correct these problems. Why spend so much money on a renovation when the front office staff is not properly trained in guest service? They should visit the Embassy Suites Near the Galleria. Now THAT is a hotel who properly trains their staff to be courteous to ALL guests.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Texas Hill Country
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at this Inn. The beds were the best I have encountered at any hotel. Our third story room had a wonderful view of downtown Dallas. It was very clean and the folks at the check in counter were helpful and friendly. The breakfast offered was marvelous. All in all a great experience. We know where we will stay on our next trip to Dallas!

• Liked — Comfortable Bed
  • Disliked — Not many resturants nearby.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peppurrr
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while attending the Texas State Fair in Dallas. The hotel is pretty much what we expected....the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the price was right for the accomidations we received. The area is a little scary, as it is located in a pretty industrial area, so be aware of that when you book. Overall, even though the hotel was nice and comfortable, it was far off the beaten path, and we would probably stay at a higher end hotel. The Fairfield line from Marriott could be described as their cheap properties.

• Liked — Comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robsgirl637
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2008

Hotel is across I35 from Word Trade Center and 2 minutes from American Airlines Center. Only 7 minutes to Pearl street in Downtown Dallas. Hotel was very clean. The best Continental Breakfast I have ever had. Had hot scrambled eggs, very nice eating area. Fully stocked ! Hotel seemed to be built in the last few years, one block off of I35 on Market Center. Price seems to be $85 per night firm at all times. Bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Room was nice. FREE WIFI, nice work area. Very pleased with hotel,service and price was excellent for area. If you need to stay close to downtown Dallas this place is a great value and comfortable stay. Indoor and outdoor pools

• Liked — location, value, comfort
  • Disliked — cleaner used in room had strange smell, only notice 1st time in room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank firetiger
Montgomery, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2008

My sisters family and my family met at this hotel for a long weekend with our children. The hotel gave us 3 rooms at the end of the first floor hallway and we felt like it was our little niche. The rooms were comfortable, clean and quiet. The indoor pool was a great place for the kids to play in the evenings. The front desk set out cookies each day at 5pm for the children.
The website suggests a continental breakfast but it was more like a mini buffett. There were scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, bagels, muffins, jimmy dean egg and sausage sandwhiches, yogurt, and fresh fruit. We also had access to the Marriott Courtyard next door that served a $10.95 full breakfast buffet, and had a mini bar and kind of light snack grille open all night. We also had access to room service.!!
The hotel is close to medieval times, the zoo, dave and busters, and pretty central to most things in north dallas. Great value for all the amenities that were offered. The staff also went out of their way to make sure we were accomadated according to our needs.

• Liked — amenities offered for value
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank onefinebird
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2008

Nice little hotel.
Only had one night here but got to tell you, I had a fantastic sleep
here. Very comfortable bed indeed.
This small hotel doesn't have a dining lounge as such, but that's not a problem in USA there;s a Denny's right next door also bigger hotel next door too.
Small swimming pool looked okay but I didn't actually use it.
Free internet PC in foyer was handy to have.
For a 2 Star hotel it's good.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — small car park
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business