“They Need to figure out parking and staffing...”

Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center
Ranked #111 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn and Suites in March 2013. I was in town on business for a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel was fine as far as accommodations go, but parking was an issue. The hotel rented out its meeting room to a local church group. They filled the parking lot so that paying guests had to struggle to find parking spots. For a part of the time I had to park up in an area that wasn't parking. The hotel clerk seemed uninterested in the issue, even though several guests complained.

The breakfast buffet was supposed to open at a certain time on Saturday morning, but they were late. The lady in charge of it said she was cooking the food and taking care of the front desk, so it seemed they were understaffed. We waited about 20 minutes past opening of the eating area for the eggs to come out. This may not be a big deal to most people, but for me, I travel on a timeline when I am traveling for business, so having breakfast at a certain time is important to me. It was delayed on Sunday morning as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 1967Yankeesfan
comfortinnmc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Sir:
Please accept our sincere Apologies from me & our Staff .
I'm very very sorry for the inconveniences that has caused due to non availability of Breakfast early morning on Sat & Sunday..I will certainly look into this.We have full staff & a separate person has been assigned for Breakfast.Night Auditor just has to take out the breakfast items & she doesn't had to prepare anything.

As far as Church meeting is concerned,they were suppose to have only 16 rooms who were Inhouse to conduct the meeting but they sneaked & had more than 40+.its a common practice when people rent meeting Room.Once again,kindly accept our apologies & we'll make sure that breakfast it ON TIME.

Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

I used this hotel as it was right next to an event I was attending in Dallas.

I stayed for 7 nights.

The hotel is good for what it is and I would deffinately stay here again if attending the event again.

It's convenient for the airport, but not really a tourist destination. Not well situated to see the sites.

But if you want a good place to stay that is value the. This place is clean and comfy. Good sized rooms and don't let the proximity to the road out you off. The noise is minimal.

I would suggest having your own car with you as the hotel is not well located for places to eat. Public transport is not great and the staff, although polite do not seem to have much local knowledge.

I have booked to stay again, but only as it is close to where I need to be. And after seeing the inside of rooms in some other local hotels I think this ones is best for size and location.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 1 March 2013

It was a very great experience at this location, we wanted to stay in crown plaza next door but it was too pricy for a small room with no breakfast and to pay for Internet. We were placed in the third floor and the rooms are huge with slanting roof , it was very different from any other hotel we've stayed in .Although the hallway smelled like smoke, it didn't bother me . They had couple of smoking room on the third floor . Maid service was sparkle clean.They even had HAM. in the breakfast.
Well defiantly stay here next time in Dallas,

Room Tip: Try thir THird Floor Rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
comfortinnmc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Mr.rahul'
Kindly accept our thanks from the management and the staff for your kind comments and we hope to see you on your next visit to dallas.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We arrived around in the evening - and were greeted & welcomed with a Big smiles by the young Staff and cookies .We went directed to the Managers reception that was going on. Rooms were super perfectly clean more than we expected. Had a good night sleep and went down in the morning for the breakfast. They had Texas shaped waffles, never seen like those before and Ham .
Overall , a very very good stay .
Thank you guys for taking care of us by all means

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My preferred hotel was full and as their shuttle bus driver offered me a lift. I arrived at the door of this hotel very late at night with no idea where I was or in fact when I would be leaving!

I checked in for one night (at rack rate) and was offered a nice room on the back of the hotel away from the road. Good - nice room, perfectly clean.

I then looked on line to see I could have saved 12 USD. No sweat. Totally acceptable. Spoke to my head office about my meetings and we decided that I should stay one extra day in town. Then a good night's sleep!

The head of sales introduced herself at the breakfast table, I mentioned I was shuffling airports, meetings, taxis, limos and she quickly and efficiently booked me an early morning call, cab at a guaranteed price and organised an extra night at best rate. She said she had confirmed with front desk that the call was to be confirmed and that there would be a coffee/cake available even at 4am! With service like that, no way was I going to trek across town to "another" hotel nearer yet another red-eye flight! Superb support. #respect.

When you stay in hotels as often as I do per year (2012 - 200+ nights!) these little touches make the difference between memorable and average.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank thisisspain
comfortinnmc, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Thank you very much for your Review .
I really apprecite it !

Reviewed 2 February 2013

What a disappointment. Comfort Inns are typically reasonably priced, comfortable, clean hotels. When I checked in, the front desk clerk enthusiastically invited me to their "Social Hour." Chips and Salsa. Oh, and wine from a box. My room was clean at first glance, but there was dried urine on the toilet seat, and stains of an unknown nature on the couch. Had I been brave enough to sit on the couch, I fear I would have been sitting on the floor, because the cushions were sinking well below the front edge of couch. The TV was mounted on the wall in front of the bed, but could not be easily seen from the couch. The legs on ironing board would no go all the way up on one side, so I was ironing on slope. The TSA had confiscated my deodorant, so I called the front desk to ask for a replacement (as was indicated by the sign in the room). They didn't have any, and when I asked where I could find the nearest store, I was told there were no stores close by. (Google maps found me a Kroger less than a mile from the hotel). The hotel is right off the interstate and is close to Love Field, so you have noise from both. Stay away from this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisK6884
Reviewed 31 December 2012

The room I had was near the freeway, and if I was going to be there for more than a few nights I would have asked to move because the noise was a little much. If you stay there make, and you need quiet, make sure to ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel. The bed was comfortable, and the towels and water pressure were decent, but the elevator was extremely slow. Maybe they have it fixed by now, but it was faster to walk to the other end of the hotel and walk up the stairs than wait for the elevator. There wasn't a do not disturb sign on the door, and they didn't have one behind the desk when I went down to ask, so if you want one make sure to ask before you go up to your room. The breakfast was a little bit better than other Comfort Inn having eggs, sausage, cereal, waffles, and the usual pastries.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business