“Perfect room when traveling with a 2 year old”

Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center
Ranked #57 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Helotes, Texas
“Perfect room when traveling with a 2 year old”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently had to attend an event at the convention center but did NOT want to pay the prices for the hotels just to be within walking distance. Lucky for me that i found this little gem of a hotel that was only 7 minutes away by car straight down the interstate. The room was equipped with a little kitchen area that served our purpose to provide food and drink for my 2 year old grandson. The room was large enough for 2 adults and one child and it was quiet and clean. It will be my "go to" hotel whenever i visit dallas.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mymexicaneyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

The staff is great at this hotel they have a great interior atrium area in interior of the hotel. There is a convenient bar and restaurant next door that you can walk to. The hotel has overnight security guard on duty but even with that there were several break ins of vehicles in the parking lot. if you stay in this hotel don't stay in the rooms next to the highway they're loud but do park your vehicle in the front of the hotel not the rear

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank chuckghutch
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear chuckghutch,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Maryland Heights, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had a missed connection and SouthWest put me up here for the night.

The pick-up could have come quicker but oh well. When i got there, Brent at the front desk took care of me. He gave me my choice of rooms with a smile. When i got to my room and opened the door, everything looked great! Unfortunately when my wife pulled here bag in to the room, the door plate came off (oops). I carried it to the front desk, my room was near, and had a good laugh over it. He offered me a new room but since i was only there for one night and it wouldn't affect my stay i said it was no problem.

Brent was a great front desk associate and i hope to see him again if i stay at this location in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Colin S
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed there with my wife recently for two nights. The front desk staff was very friendly. Destiny was especially helpful and friendly. The accommodations themselves were nice enough. Nothing fancy but clean and functional and comfortable. We would stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ditdee74
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Excellent room with special touches for guests like popcorn in the microwave, coffe pot with coffee supplied, silverware, plates and pots for cooking in a nice-sized kitchen. Very clean and comfortable with very friendly staff and excellent customer service. We will most definitely stay there whenever we travel since the rates are uheard of for the size of the rooms and the overall satisfaction of our stay in Dallas!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K D
Dallas
Reviewed 12 December 2013

During the recent epic ice event in Dallas, I had a previously-scheduled out-of-town meeting. I decided I was better off going to the airport area the day before, rather than early the next morning, after the ice had a chance to re-freeze and the roads would be worse. This hotel was FABULOUS. Warm and cozy when I arrived, and they suggested that I leave my car with them rather than trying to drive to the airport the next morning. (And they came and got me at the airport when I returned, even though I was not staying there that night.) Great customer service and a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was traveling over Thanksgiving with my wife and one year old daughter and we really wanted a two room suite so we could have he Baby in a separate room. Most of the places in the area either had a so called suite without walls between the rooms or they were priced in the mid $100 range. Candlewood Suites was only $82 but didn't have a breakfast or an indoor pool. The room had a kitchenette. It was small, but the two rooms were perfect for us. The internet worked fine and the room had a comfortable bed and updated furniture. They were able to bring us a nice crib for no extra cost. Overall, I would recommend.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family