“Perfect Location and Great Service”

InterContinental Dallas
Ranked #58 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Louisiana
“Perfect Location and Great Service”
Reviewed 17 May 2011

This hotel is less than a mile from the galleria mall . The hotel provides a free shuttle to the galleria as well as many restaurants near the hotel.......which is great for a girls night out when you don't want to have to pay for a cab. The rooms were nice, but not 4 star. The rooms did not have WiFi only a connection via a land line and the TVs in the rooms were the old bulky ones. To be 4 star I expect WiFi and High Def TV. The bathrooms were recently updated with granite and new fixtures. The beds were very comfortable with a down pillowtop mattress and big fluffy pillows. The staff was extremely helpful and very entertaining. My advice would be to try and find a deal on this hotel via other travel websites because I would not pay regular price for this hotel room.The best thing about this hotel is the location and the friendly hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Alveisa, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, 19 May 2011
Thank you for the great detailed review of the property and your time with us. We are always glad to hear that the efforts by our team can result in such a great stay. We are in the process of updating all our guestrooms with state of the art flat screens as well as WIFI connections in our guestrooms. Whenever you are back in Dallas, we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 May 2011

were do i start --

--no wireless internet ... that means no ipad, ipod, iwhatever and your bounf to your desk with ur laptop--- wakeup mgmt its the 21 century....

--executive floor ... ha what a joke the super 8 breakfast is better ... again missed opportunity by the mgmt to take go that extra intercon mile

--the food ... terrible no words describe terrible including the "fake" starbucks...yes a store that call it self starbucks and brews horrid coffee. ... good service there and decent goodies but cafe was not starbucks quality

---should i go on ... no simply put the management has missed capitalizing on what is potentially a great location... don't be fooled by the lobby pictures ... i had a hard lumpy bed layered with a foam/feather liner to give it some extra years and my old tube tv never cooperated with my remote...in my executive floor room

...i have to say the workers tried hard with what they had .. cleaning ladies were great,

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank travelz4biz

Travellers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 8 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights after our wedding before heading out to our honeymoon. We requested a King Premier room but when we got to the room we saw it had two tiny little beds. Called the front desk and they said they didn't have a King room and we'd have to wait. The parking lot seemed empty and the hotel didn't seem all that busy so I wonder why they didn't have the proper room we had paid for. After a few hours we had to check back, the desk didn't call us and then they had a king bed available.
The room was not very nice. Sheets and pillows were cheap materials and very worn. Definitely NOT what I would expect from an alleged 4 star hotel.
The start of our stay actually ruined the mood for the rest of it. Screwing up our room followed by uninterested service from the front desk made us feel like we weren't wanted.
Here's a tip to the hotel staff and management: When a married couple checks in, give them the King Bed Rooms, not your pathetic tiny bed rooms!!!!! And no Wifi in 2011??? That's stupid! Gosh! You'd think they'd have that much common sense! The room was also noisy -- elevators, construction, thin walls.
We ordered room service several times. The food was decent and delivery was as expected. But sadly, that's the only positive comment I can make on this hotel.
WAY TO RUIN THE MOOD INTERCONTINENTAL!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I have stayed at 3 Intercons in the last few months- Chicago (ORD), Atlanta (Buckhead) and this one in Dallas. Dallas is the least impressive of all these. The rooms are average, the parking is free but can be challenging to find if busy. The club level or concierge level is not worth it at all- at this Dallas location. Possibly the Buckhead location spoiled me and set expectations to high- but simply some fruit and coffee in the morning is not enough to charge what they do for this service.
The staff, for the most part (not all) are very helpful and knowledgeable. Overall this was a satisfactory experience- no major complaints and nothing that would draw me back in 2 months on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BiotechCalifornia
ICDallas, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your comments; we take them seriously and will address them with our team. We are aware of the opportunities on the Club Level and are currently working towards improving them. We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back to see our improvements
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Alina was very kind and considerate in her presentation. She catered to guests and did so without hesitation. She always displayed a smile and willingness to go the extra mile. In a business so dependent on its customers, there needs to be more like her in order for it to be successful.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel. I appreciate the kind words you shared about Alina, I will definitely pass your comments on to her and our team. Our goal is to continue to provide a relaxing atmosphere and memorable experience while at the InterContinental Dallas. We hope that you are able to join us again the next time your plans bring you back to Dallas.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I wanted to take a moment from my incredibly busy schedule to thank the management fom The InterContinental Hotel Dallas. My company spent several nights at this hotel during an event recently. And while the rooms, accommodations, bar and general hotel were as expected (absoutely TOP NOTCH), what was most impressive and the reason for my post, was the amazing customer service provided by management. I especially want to mention the Assistant General Manager Aref. A situation arose that the hotel did not have any control over...yet, he took customer service to the next level and created a magical customer service moment. I was so impressed with his diligence and promptness that I am now taking the time to thank him and the hotel...and will go out of my way to refer others to stay at this hotel and stay there myself again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
ICDallas, Manager at InterContinental Dallas, responded to this review, 20 April 2011
Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Dallas, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here. We are always glad to hear that the efforts by our team can result in such a great stay. I will definitely share your comments with our Team! Whenever you are back in Dallas, we hope to see you again!
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We were in town for 1 night and hosted a show in the Intercontinental Dallas Ballroom. Being that this was the first time we had used the venue nobody knew what to expect......It could have been better. all the Ballroom staff was great! Herman, Alfonso, and Mike made sure that everything was smooth and attended to our every need. The ffod was to die for. The mash potato bar was unreal. We will definitely be hosting events at the Intercontinental Dallas in the future!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
Courtyard Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria
SpringHill Suites Dallas Addison/Quorum Drive
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas Addison
Le Meridien Dallas by the Galleria
HYATT house Dallas/Addison

Been to InterContinental Dallas? Share your experiences!