“Wedding stay”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #15 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hotel in a wonderful location. Customer service excellent in all areas. Complimentary breakfast, evening reception and cookies and milk were appreciated and of high quality. Room was comfortable but needed better lighting. Rug needed cleaning. Problem with television and room temperature control was addressed right away. Bathroom products were plentiful and very nice to use. Family members used the work out center and felt their work out routine was well serviced by the facility. We enjoyed our stay and would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,421)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have a consulting engagement in Dallas which requires work in the evenings. The facilities are excellent and the free wifi is great. We also enjoy the great breakfast and evening reception. The Magnolia Dallas becomes our home away from home. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We booked a room in this hotel, which used to be the office for the Magniolia Petroleum company, which later became "Mobil Petroleum", the famous flying red horse (PEgasus) used to be on top of the hotel. The building was built in the 20s was the highest building of the USA during 20 years.
The room was on the top floor so we had a great view on the surrounding skyscrapers, illuminated for Halloween. The room was very big, with a kitchen and the basic equipement, 2 flat-screen TVs, one in the living-room, one in the bedroom. The bathroom was OK.Wine was offered between 5 and 6:30 at the hotel bar, we found a comfortable seat in front of the chimney to enjoy it. Breakfast was delicious with almost anything you could want to eat.
Be aware that there is nothing to do in this area, hardly any shops or bars..

Room Tip: Our room was in an anle so we had many windows to admire the skyscrapers.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013

it does, as they say "feel good here". You won't find any Texas oil tycoons here though---unless
they're frugal. The building and decor feel a bit tired, but not the service, which is super friendly, always helpful. Buffet breakfasts included. Free shuttle service to anywhere within a three-mile radius. Easy access to downtown Dallas, the convention center, and lots of restaurants. Good value! Add my recommendation. (Ayed and Sayeed will help you get around town.)

Room Tip: If they can upgrade you to a suite, it's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had booked this hotel in preparation for a weekend away with my fiancé, as well as my sister and her fiancé. They had just recently got engaged since he had returned from his third tour of duty in Afghanistan and we wanted to get away. He is a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan and since there was a game on Saturday the 9th in Dallas I figured, "Why not." The hotel was very nice and historic and the staff was incredible. From the valets to the people at the front desk, especially a front desk employee by the name of Jon. He helped me print out tickets for the hockey game and a concert I had bough tickets for instead of paying the $7 to use a computer for 15 minutes. The happy hour reception is a great thing and the location of the hotel is amazing. Walking distance to almost anything you can think of. I'm so glad I booked this hotel for all of us and would absolutely book it again. The only downside is the pricey valet parking, which is almost required, but the staff is so nice I didn't even mind it.

Room Tip: My room was on the 9th floor, it was very nice with a good view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels. We booked a suite with a living room and kitchenette and we could not have been more impressed. We were traveling with children and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. You can book this hotel with confidence.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you are not traveling solo.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This old converted office building does the job, it is in a downtown location which was good for the convention I was attending (about a 9 minute walk to the convention center) and the price was better then the ones closer. There is a daily buffet breakfast which was excellent and complientary lite beer or wine at happy hour. My room was very normal on the small side room, I was expecting a suite of some sort, pehaps a sitting area. Maybe it was the slightly discounted price I paid that got me such a small room, but I really fealt that I was mislead, lied to about getting a suite. I would definitley have booked a different hotel had I know the room would have been what it was. But for $20 a nite, I would have had a room that was closer and bigger. And add to this, there is no airport shuttle and the local shuttle (supposed to be free) for the 3 miles around cost me the same as a cab beacuse of the pressure of the tip and I had to wait much longer....

If there is no other choice nearer to the convention center, this hotel does the job. Just don't expect a suite.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business