“Loved this place”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #17 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friend and I stayed there for a 'ladies day'. As we were checking in the hotel staff informed us that they had to make a change in our reservation and to our delight it was a suite, the only double queen suite in the hotel. Loved everything about our stay. The food in the bar/restaurant, the cookie hour, the happy hour, the huge breakfast buffet. The hotel was packed and we still received excellent service. And, the building itself was a treat, true historical Texas landmark. Plus it's only about 3 blocks to the Downtown Neiman Marcus. Our view was spectacular! We will go back.

Room Tip: The front of the building faces Reunion Arena. you get a light show that's awesome.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hey Beverly B,

Go ladies go! We're glad you had a good time and we appreciate the review - we look forward to the next occasion -

Till then,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

First the reason we chose this hotel was because it was historic and well it was! Very neat! The room was very small but expected and loved the view out of the windows! We stayed on the 19th floor. Elevator wait was long but that was expected. It took almost an hour for our bags to come up to our room, that was quite annoying. There was a wet sport by the bathroom, GROSS and hair on the tub that was not ours, EW. I would say it was just ok, location is great of course but I don't know if I will ever come back. Maybe just maybe I would give this hotel another chance but for sure when the elevators are fixed!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hey Valerie V,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, thank you for reviewing, and thank you for your feedback. Your comments in regards to elevator service and room cleanliness have been noted and addressed where possible. We appreciate our guest's patience as we work to enhance the elevators.

We do hope to have you back -

Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was visiting Dallas last week on business and checked into the Magnolia late in the evening. A very helpful lady named Shea was able to make me happy and glad that I picked this hotel. She was efficient and polite and was able to offer me several wonderful ideas of attractions to visit while in town. If the rest of the staff ( which I did not have a lot of interaction with) are as helpful as Shea, the management should be commented on the training of their personnel.

Hey Jim B,

Shea is that kind of person. I've shared this review with the staff and we appreciate the kind words and observant remarks. We hope to have you back soon -

Cheers,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed for a special event and this was the closest hotel. Parking is a nightmare. Valet not staffed enough and took 20 minutes mid day to park, check in took just as long and then had to wait 30 minutes for clothes to come up, causing us to be late to the venue. For an old hotel the beds were comfortable and clean, but the AC whined loudly all night and kept us awake. Front desk did not tell us about happy hour or what the tickets were for or where to go. We had a party of about 10 rooms and half of us didn't know or didn't receive tickets. Breakfast was way over crowded and poorly prepared. There was no place to sit, and no one picking up dishes, that were being cleared by the guest in order to find a place to sit. Hotel location good, staff very poorly managed. Retrieving cars takes almost an hour, and is very unorganized. Valet is $24 per car, elevators very slow and always overfull. Only good thing about this hotel is the view at night, the rest although is an attempt to be quality brought back to life with a refurbished hotel, there is truly no convenience to it. There are a lot of nickel and dime fees that add up to about $30 extra dollars a night not including valet. Unless your REALLY need to be downtown in that area, or you have all the time in the world, find a better option.

Room Tip: although being on the upper floors gives you a great view of Dallas at night, the wait on the elevat...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank A3rdgenrn

Dear A3rdgenrn,

Your concerns have been addressed to the appropriate parties and we have noted your experience in our database. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, and offering us a chance to continue improving our customer service.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nothing spectacular about my recent stay. I've been here before for work and it is very convenient for me to stay and get to the office there in Dallas. My room was small but it was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was quite large and tub was roomy. I know there are better ones so stay out of any room that ends in 26. The staff is very friendly and the cookies at night are a nice touch. Valet parking is expensive so park in the parking garage a block up the road on the right.

Hey Steve M,

Thanks for coming back! We appreciate you staying with us and reviewing -

We hope to have you back soon -

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This was my first stay in the Magnolia Hotel in Dallas after having stayed in the Magnolia in Houston for my wedding night. I liked the character of the old building, especially the ceiling of the elevator lobby. During my stay, the elevators were being improved, and as a concession for the delays, we were offered extra drink coupons for the hotel bar or extra Magnolia club points. The bartender, Murph, was exceptional and made sure I had everything I needed. He provided restaurant suggestions, which were delicious and within walking (or shuttle) distance of the hotel. My biggest complaint was that valet was my only option at the hotel and was very expensive. I was visiting for business but have family in the area and had brought some things I would have left in the car had I been able to self park.

Room Tip: Choose a low floor when asked until the elevators have been replaced or fixed.

Hey Elizabeth L,

Thank you for staying with us and thanks for reviewing! Murph appreciates the shout out, and we all hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Elevator being slow is not about speed or safety; its about the use. The well attended free breakfast and rush hour free drinks are on the second floor while the lobby is on the first. Lots of on and off activity by people wanting to avoid the imposing staircase between these two floors puts a lot of divergence in a elevator bank system covering 25 floors. Given the excellence in every other aspect of the hotel, its just a minor inconvience noticable only by those that have perhaps a tad too much self importance.
My room on the 5th floor corner could not have been more elegant or comfortable for anywheere near the price paid.

Hey salsabob1,

Our commendations on your awesome name and your observant and witty review - we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to do it again soon -

Stay in picontact (picante/contact),