“A good choice for downtown Dallas”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #13 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
San Diego, California
“A good choice for downtown Dallas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I came in by train and it was nice to have them pick me up from the station. I had a little trouble getting the room key to work but eventually got that ironed out with the front desk. The room was well furnished but seemed rather dark, I ended up on a lower floor so the only view was to the adjacent building. The comments by others about the large room sizes do not apply to mine. I appreciate the historic character of the building and understand the challenges involved in making a modern hotel out of an old oil company headquarters.

The location is excellent, close to the convention center and lots of good restaurants nearby. One reason I picked this hotel is its proximity to a light rail stop, which is only a couple blocks away.

The breakfast was top notch and happy hour was enjoyable but bear in mind that the list of complementary beverages is quite limited.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review - your comments have all been noted and we appreciate them. We hope to add to the list during your next stay -

Best,
Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
Ada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Do not hesitate to book this place. I booked through Hotwire not knowing the name of the hotel until I purchased the room and it was my first time booking a hotel that way, but the reviews definitely helped make my decision to book so I felt the need to pay it forward. Some reviewers said that the elevators are slow, but we did not experience any delays longer than a minute or two and our room was on the 21st floor. I guess I have more patience than others but I did not see it as any big deal. My husband and I participated in both the complimentary happy hour and "cookies and milk" on the second floor. Both were great! We were going to a concert at the House of Blues and grabbed some cookies for our walk and they were delicious! The free breakfast is really awesome, best grapefruit juice I have ever had. Rooms were clean and large compared to other hotels. Don't hesitate to book this place.

Room Tip: Request a corner room if available
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
You had a very nice stay, and we get to enjoy a very nice review. We're so happy you were happy and we look forward to your next stay -

Best,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

You could not ask for a better staff. They were extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. You are definitely in the south, with the hospitality they provided. From the valet, front desk staff, breakfast attendants and even the maintenance staff....all were FIRST CLASS.
My room was ideal for more than one night stay.

Room Tip: This location is also close to great eateries, all in walking distance.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Marilyn M
You think we're classy - no - it is you who have all the class. By choosing to stay with us, having a great time and enjoying yourself, and then taking the time to write a review, well that's just a class-act all the WAY!

We look forward to your next longer-than-one-night stay.

North Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights on business. Very nice, clean, staff very accommodating. Did not take advantage of the breakfast but did stop by during happy hour and cookies and milk. I liked it. Would definitely stay again. Dinner options within walking distance made it even better. No airport transfers but company paid for cab. If I had to pay the $50 cab fair myself, I might choose a diff hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Very nice! We will take it! We think you're very nice for staying with us, for taking time out of your day to write a review, and for being awesome in general.

Continue being awesome -

Gulfport, Ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were at our Plexus convention in Dallas this past weekend. We have several hotels to chose from and we are so glad that we chose The Magnolia. You feel the charm of this older hotel as soon as you walk in the door and it just gets better. Our room was much larger than normal hotel rooms. It was also updated and the bed was very comfy. The valet staff is wonderful and very attentive to your needs. They have a shuttle to take you to restaurants or anywhere around town you need to go. The hot and cold breakfast everyday was always very good. Cocktails in the evening were always very enjoyable. My cousin and her husband were with us and during happy hour she always ordered the same mix drink and was charged a different price every day. If our convention is in Dallas again next year we will definitely stay here again.

----

.,,,,,,,,,.,,,,,,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Yes you did! Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to review. We hope to have you back soon, for more of all that awesomeness.

Regards,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I felt very spoiled staying here! In the cost of the room you get.....a full on hot and cold breakfast, two free drinks in the lounge for happy hour, and you end the night with cookies, milk and coffee. Not to mention after walking around in hot, humid Texas.....you get back to the hotel and they have fruit infused water waiting for ya to quench your thirst and to cool down. I loved the history of the building!! My only wish was a microwave in the room and it will be much better when they finish the process of updating the elevators.

Room Tip: If they had a swimming pool and a spa, I did not see them. A swimming pool would have been amazing...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your stay. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and we love to hear that! We appreciate our guest's patience as we work to enhance our elevator service - we hope to have you back soon, for more spoiling.

Anna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were at a conference at the Dallas Convention center. We self parked 1 block down in a covered garage (very convenient and $10/day). The hotel has valet, but we wanted to save the money. The room was comfortable, very updated and we had a suite. There was a separate room with couch/chair/tv AND a full kitchen!

Free wine for 1 hour in evening (we did not make it for that), but they had free (very yummy) cookies and coffee from 8-10 at night and a wonderful big place to sit and enjoy it.

Lobby has water with fruit in it starting around 11am. That was very nice.

On 2nd floor..The breakfast was way more than expected with eggs, bacon, fruit, waffles, tons of drink choices, bagels, cereal, toast, yogurt--I was impressed!!

Great location and great places to eat within walking distance. Loved CHB (Chophouse Burger on Main St) I highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: we had a corner suite and loved it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for staying and thanks for reviewing. We're so happy you were happy and we hope to continue the happiness during your next stay.