“Good Stay in a Historic Building”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #13 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Sometimes hotels converted from older buildings can have an old feel. This one maintains its character while still providing a modern feel. The room was clean and comfortable. They offer complimentary happy hour, breakfast and late night cookies. All of these were good quality. The service staff in the bar area where the food takes place was a little brisk in attitude, but they kept the place cleaned up and were accommodating to our larger group. The place is also conveniently located in downtown. One negative was that the water in the shower was intolerably hot and I could barely stand to use it. The elevators were also under construction and were slow, but the hotel acknowledged this and offered some small concessions to make up for it. Overall I enjoyed my stay for 3 nights.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Ryan E, Public Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

You didn't have to go out of your way and review us, but ya did. We want you to know we appreciate it. Your experience with the too hot water has been noted and addressed. We hope to have you back again soon.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Write a ReviewReviews (3,429)

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stopped in Dallas for a couple of days to see dealey plaza etc. the magnolia made our stay in Dallas worth it. The rooms are luxurious and comfortable, they offer cookies and milk late in the evening, and at the time I was staying there management were offering free drinks for guests for an hour during happy hour.
The breakfast was good, to be honest it was actually the best breakfast Buffett I have seen on my travels.
I can't really comment on the staff. As I didn't notice anything bad etc, they did their job and did it well.
The magnolia is within walking distance to dealey plaza. So if your into the JFK thing the magnolia is the place to stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

We're so happy you had such a wonderful time! Thank you for taking the time to review, and providing good travel tips as well. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

To begin, I appreciate a warm welcome upon arrival. I was greeted with a rude comment about the Hotel's check in time being after 3pm. Well, hello to you too. I appreciate being given a few minor pieces of information regarding the simple things like where breakfast is served, where the bar/restaurant are and any other amenities. The room did not have a directory listing these types of things. I was supplied with a 2 x 3 inch card in my key envelope mentioning that breakfast, cookies and an evening reception were available but I had to visit Ms. Icannotbebothetedwithyou at the front desk to ask about the location. Turns out all of these things are on the 2nd floor. When you step off the elevator on 2, don't expect a greeting or even any sign that the area is a RESTAURANT. No hostess or host. Just figure it out yourself. I could rattle on for 45 more minutes about several more interactions but I hope you get the point. The hotel is clean(big plus and only reason to consider staying there if EVERY other hotel in Dallas is booked). The cocktail hour is worse than a budget hotel's attempt - cheap wine, well drinks and BUD LIGHT, don't expect a peanut or snack mix. After moving to a room with a functional A/C, our room smelled much better. Very noisy at night with bar patrons outside on the street. Rooms are small but ok. Valet isn't cheap but they were by far the nicest folks I encountered and they aren't employees of the hotel. Manager Shea offered to buy us breakfast - oh wait, breakfast is free but she offered a cooked to order option. Why? So I can sit down and endure more terrible service??? If you want to check out earlier than your scheduled departure they slap you with a $50 fee. I guess they've had a few folks that were ready to leave early? Nothing like feeling trapped. Handed in my keys at departure, male at front desk didn't look up, took keys and said, "Thanks." How about, how was your stay? Please come visit us again when your travels bring you to Dallas?? Nope, they don't want your business. One or two of the four elevators were in service, others completely out. Very long waits. But if you complain you can get a free Bud Light ;). No thanks.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank seetheworld555

Thank you for choosing us and thank you for leaving your feedback. Your experience has been noted and we appreciate your business and time.

Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Once again, you have outdone yourselves. The staff was amazing and welcomed us with open arms. The housekeeping staff did an awesome task with keeping our room clean and fresh towels. The breakfast food and staff was very good. It was a wonderful way to start the day. I can't say enough about the front desk clerks, wonderful, just wonderful. And I can't leave without mentioning the guys with shuttles. Extremely nice, accommodating, and willing to help us out with suggestions and locations. I can't wait to come back next year! Thank you ALL, very much!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place to not only to be close to what happening, but also to relax after a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

It was lovely having you all! We look forward to the next time - we hope it's soon -

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I truly enjoy staying at the Magnolia when we visit our daughters in Dallas -- especially when the room rate is so fair (compared to other downtown hotels). We had a big, beautiful room (suite) with a wonderful view of the lit Dallas skyline. The added features of a nice "hot" buffet breakfast (almost anything one could want), the happy hour reception, and the bedtime cookies and milk -- all complimentary -- make our decision easy when booking a room in downtown Dallas. The valet feature of "texting" to get our car efficiently worked like a charm. The guests we encountered in the elevators or at the breakfast all seemed happy. They, too, must have been having a great experience! We will be back!

Room Tip: Upper floor corner suite had a beautiful view of the Dallas skyline out one side, and historic build...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

These are great things to read!! Thank you for choosing us and thanks for leaving your feedback. We use these reviews to demonstrate what a happy guest sounds like, and you fit the bill! We hope to have you back again soon -

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Magnolia during a recent conference. It was a short walk to the conference center. The architecture of the hotel is fantastic! My room was very comfortable and the staff were very helpful. I was very impressed with the room service too!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for reviewing. Our atmosphere is made better with great guests, such as yourself - so count your presence as one of the determining factors to our overall awesomeness. We hope to get even more awesomer*, for your next stay.

Cheers,
Ryan

*awesomer is not a word. But it should be.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is by far my favorite hotel in Dallas! The hotel has so much charm and really feels like a vacation. Our room was very clean, which is essential since I am an extreme germophobe. The breakfast was delicious and free with the room, in addition to free cocktails and milk and cookies in the evening. I will absolutely stay here again when we come back to Dallas for our next trip. The hotel is close to restaurants, museums, shopping, and the JFK museum.

Room Tip: Get an upper level floor, great views!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Good location, good services, great amenities - sounds familiar!! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and thanks for dropping us a line - we hope to make your next stay even better -

Cheers,