“Great friendly hotel right in the middle of downtown”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #12 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great friendly hotel right in the middle of downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

From the moment we parked our car to the last minute we were very well taken care of of by the friendly staff. Our room had a great view and was clean and comfortable. The location is a great advantage and there are many restaurants and bars within walking distance.
The complementary drinks only added to the nice athmosphere!

• Stayed September 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

We checked into The Magnolia Hotel last weekend on Sat. and from check in to check out had a wonderful experience!
The room was perfect-modern and clean-could not have been better. The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the hot breakfast and cookies and milk in the evening.
While the weather was cold and rainy the Magnolia was warm and added sunshine to a dreary girls weekend.
I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Fitzmo
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights. I booked the hotel on its web site and got a free upgrade to a suite. I was really please with the suite it had a full kitchen, a living room, large bathroom, and a bedroom that included bathrobes. The rooms were beautifully decorated with a good mix of modern fitting into the old building. I picked this hotel due it’s location down town. I had booked to go to the gospel brunch at the house of blues and wanted a hotel that we could walk from. The location was perfect for all things downtown we parked the car up (which as people have said is expensive but convenient) and didn’t get it back until we left. We walked to House of Blues; the gospel brunch was a fantastic experience one of the highlights of our trip to Texas. We walked to all the attractions they range from 5-15 minutes. The front desk were really helpful and provided a map and directions. We did all the tourist stuff, JFK 6th Floor Museum, Dealey Plaza, the longhorn status cattle drive at pioneer plaza, the old red museum. The reunion tower although it was closed on Sunday. We really enjoyed the west end market street area where all the restaurants are based and had some good teas. We went to the happy hour which provided free draft beer and wine but compared to some hotels this was disappointing as there were no snacks it was really busy on Saturday but quite empty on Sunday. The milk and cookies is a lovely idea. We thought the breakfast was a good selection which changed both days. We heard noise out side on the Saturday night quite late which did wake us up even though we were on the 8th floor there is a restaurant at the rear of the building. All in all we had a good stay and it was in a perfect location for what we wanted to experience.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I got a good deal on a suite at The Magnolia so we figured we'd try it out. The location is in the heart of Downtown Dallas, very close to everything downtown and close to the major highways in Dallas. The Room was large and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the room service was actually good (Kobe Burger). I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in Dallas!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

I travel every week around the country for work and therefore spend most of my time in hotels. I was so surprised and delighted with The Magnolia hotel in Dallas. It was a nice combination of comfort and luxury while throwing in all the extras. I was thrilled with the complimentary breakfast buffet along with the evening happy hours, not to mention milk and cookies before bed! It was so nice to have treats throughout the day. The location was good making it convenient to walk to restaurants etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank PlatinumQueen
texasaggie1
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2009

Old, dirty, smelly hotel in downtown Dallas. Hotel needs to be torn down. I have had Motel 6 do a better job in hotel management. One day, a housekeeper barged into the room while I was changing, without knocking. She aploogized profusely as she left, but I felt I had to call the manager to let hem know just in case the story was not the same from her. He offered nothing short of another apology; not even a note to follow-up or a follow-up after he talked to housekeeping.
Decent free breakfast every day.
Although it is every day, happy hour is only an hour and beverage choices are minimal.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank texasaggie1
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

I must first say that I am a VERY picky traveler. I travel to Dallas often because the headquarters for my job is located there. Although our company offers an allowance of $300 / night for hotel stays when we travel overnight, the Magnolia is the ONLY place I stay.....usually saving them @ $100/night....they really should pay me more :0). It is in a great place for downtown business travelers...within walking distance from Neiman Marcus(in case you forgot something or have to stay an extra day without notice), many downtown business towers, many restaurants, starbucks and CVS (business travelers will appreciate this). The complimentary breakfast is really great, and I love the cookies/milk. I have never tried the free happy hour, but many of my colleagues claim that it is really nice (and convenient). The rooms are always clean and comfortable, also. In all of my years staying here, I have never had a "nice" view....mostly just other buildings. However, for my purposes, this is fine. Although my office is only a few steps away (literally), I am not a big walk-to-work person, so I appreciate the fact that the hotel offers complimentary service downtown. I have been here many times, and never rented a car. Even for trips to the airport and other areas, there is always a car available right outside of the hotel (for a small fee...the airport is usually under $30 one way), and there are also taxis available. Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business