“Comfortable, Accommodating and Friendly”

Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #15 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This was my first time at the Magnolia and I would definitely stay again. The staff was very accommodating and polite. I never had to open a door myself. The breakfast was wonderful and my room had many different views. Although an old hotel it is nicely updated.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Magnolia Hotel Dallas Downtown

Reviewed 3 May 2010

We were there for my step-daughter's wedding. She had everything right there at the hotel and it was absolutely perfect! Beautiful setting and extremely accomodating staff. Elevators are very slow, but plan ahead and that is okay too.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I usually only think to write a review if I had a bad experience, to warn others. But I liked my stay at the Magnolia so much that I decided to write a positive review. The place succeeded on every level for me. The hotel itself is classy but not pompous. The building is historic, but not cold and impersonal. The service was first-rate - every worker has a nice greeting for you. The rooms are nicely appointed, are very clean, and the beds were so comfortable. And the complimentary touches were great - a free deluxe continental breakfast awaits you when you get up - eggs, bacon, potatoes, cereal, bagels, and fruit - and you even get free drinks at happy hour and warm cookies and milk in the evening. The price was excellent. And the location was right in the heart of downtown, close to anything you'd need to get to. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We stayed here over the weekend after the Warrior Dash event and had a comfortable night's stay. This hotel is in a great location in downtown Dallas and is next to many restaurants, bars and clubs. (Also there is a Starbucks next door). The ambiance is trendy and yet cozy.

Our double room was well appointed to and I really enjoyed the decor. Bathroom was spacious and clean and beds were comfortable.

Magnolia serves a complimentary breakfast and also milk and cookies in the evening. Definitely a nice touch.

Room has a small fridge but I did not notice a mini bar (if that is important to you). We were on the 24th floor but were able to still hear some of the noise below. Parking is $22 a night, so be prepared.

I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Great location, superb beds. This was my first time staying at the Magnolia, but I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My son and I stayed in Dallas April 29 - Mar 2, 2010. My son had some of his photos on display and we wanted to see them plus we wanted to visit the town of Glen Rose where my great, great, grandparents were buried. My son picked the Magnolia Hotel from what he read in various online reviews and he could not have picked a better place. The rooms were great for the price. The breakfast was much more than I expected with scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, potatoes, etc. I had a good workout in the fitness center and spent some relaxing time in the steam room afterward. We found the service to be excellent and in fact could not really find any negatives. This is an old but very nicely restored (upgraded) hotel right downtown and I'd definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Not very comfortable and breakfast food unacceptable.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple