“Good choice for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End
Ranked #69 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Norwalk, Iowa
“Good choice for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here from Oct 22-25 while she was attending a conference downtown. The price was very reasonable for downtown, and the location puts many restaurants and attractions within walking distance, some only a block away. They have a convenient shuttle available that proved to be (mostly) reliable. The free breakfast is decent and on par for a three star hotel. There is even a manager's reception (similar to an Embassy Suites or a Drury Inn) on Wednesday afternoon, although we didn't go and can't comment on it.
The rooms are clean and the beds were comfortable to us. We didn't hear any outside noise at all, although there is some elevator noise if you're adjacent to them. The A/C units are pretty noisy, but the comfortable weather allowed us to turn ours off while we slept. Parking is fairly convenient at a garage (almost) across the street.
For the price, we were satisfied with our experience and would consider staying here again.

1 Thank Mike B
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel while your wife was attending the conference. I am glad you found the hotel convenient to restaraunts.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope you choose our hotel if your travels bring you back to the downtown Dallas area.

Jeff Durham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Denver, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good Location near downtown Dallas, plenty of dining nearby, The staff was very friendly. My room was nice and very clean. I like the rooftop pool area. I will plan on staying there again when in Dallas

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Damian5280
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for you kind review of our hotel.

I will pass on your comments to the staff.

Elmendorf, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

this was very good hotel i like it. The room i had was real big. i was very surprised on the size. they could have made two rooms out of this one room. The hotel is in the West End District which has allot of restaurants and stuff to do. it's 2 blocks from the light rail station "dart". most everything is in walking distance. The free breakfast was good for being free had good choices. I like everything about my stay. the view from my room was not great a brick wall of a building other then that it was very good would stay again next time I ask for view.

Room Tip: great view of downtown are from rooms facing N Lamer. on top floors. rooms facing the north on lower...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank freedumusa
Thank you for your review. I will pass along your comments to our staff.

We do have several rooms with wonderful views. Please request a nice view on your next stay and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Once again, thank you for your review.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Breakfast had waffles one day but not the next. Room was ok but nothing special and valet was easy for us. Staff on the desk are not that bright we found. The first lady said you have a view your going to love.. It was the roof of the neighbouring hotel. Awesome!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank domstar007
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while a guest of our hotel. Not all views from our guest rooms are the same. I will ensure I review this with our front desk staff.

Thank you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to attend a concert at American Airlines Center. Parked across the street for $8 overnight parking. Front desk staff was very friendly. The room was nice enough. I liked having a refrigerator in the room as well as the couch. It was nice to be able to leave the hotel and walk to the concert. I will stay here again anytime I attend an event at AA Center.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasHeather
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I will share your comments with our staff. It is great to hear such positive comments.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience from your recent visit.

General manager
Bergen County NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was in Dallas for 5 nights on business and chose this hotel due to price and location. It is a great location within walking distance of a number of restaurants and some historic sites. This made it convenient to do a bit of sightseeing in between business meetings.

The hotel provides a free shuttle to other locations in town during the week, which worked well.
The front desk staff was very pleasant, but often useless in terms of getting anything done. I had asked about any restaurants that might deliver and was told there were a number of restaurants that delivered. When I asked if they had menus for those restaurants they looked dumbfounded and then searched under the counter and came back with a "no".

The breakfast buffet was adequate. The wait staff was annoying. The dining area was spacious and quiet and there were large TVs with morning news reports, which is great for business travel. One waitress was unbelievably intrusive, chatty beyond need, and went from table to table socializing loudly. It was obvious she was interrupting conversations and/or people (like myself) doing some work while trying to eat. I really didn't have time to chat with her and she just would not take the message.

Finally, the housekeeping staff is abominable. I had garbage in the room trash for two days (some was food) and they did not empty it. They did not clean the bathroom sink.

They did not show up at all on my final full day, even though I'd been out all morning until 2pm. When I told the front desk, they said it had been busy as they were sold out so they hadn't gotten to all the rooms yet. How is that my problem???

I had to leave for the afternoon to allow them to visit my room. When I came back at 5pm, they had made the bed, taken the trash and that was it. Never vacuumed, or wiped anything down. It was obvious. When I told the front desk they apologized but had nothing productive to contribute.

I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KevMotravel
Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel experience. I apologize for the various issues you had while a guest of our hotel. I will review the issues with the respective departments in hopes we can improve our level of service that we provide our guests.

Once again, thank you for your review.

The Woodlands, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The hotel is in a nice building in Dallas' west end of downtown. The hotel has no parking. You can use their valet service at 22 per night or you can park yourself across the street for 8 Dollars a night (not 5 as others say). Walking in this area at night is not very safe if you are by yourself and I was approached twice by people asking for money.

Reception lobby area is nice and modern, staff is capable and courteous.

On the second floor there is a common space for guests to have breakfast or to sit in couches and watch TV. There is a small gym (no elliptical) with fairly new equipment, and a small pool outside. There is a laundry room for guests as well.

Overall you would think that other than the parking situation, this a good place to stay right? Well, not in my opinion. This is why:

Rooms look modern and have nice looking setups, yet they are terribly uncomfortable. I think the construction supervisor and the architects really missed the ball on this one.

There is no central air conditioning so each unit has a through wall unit. It is UNSPEAKABLY NOISY. The thermostat in the unit always has the fan operating if you want it on. It does not auto shut off and turn on by itself. Its just runs in a continuous cycle at a very high noise volume regardless of the speed. I usually have no problem sleeping with sounds and noises, much less if they are constant, but this was BAD. Way too loud. All other rooms have the same a/c so you can't get anything better.

For the size of the rooms/suites, the bathrooms were designed to be very small. Think microtels. Sink, etc. all very very small. As they are suites, they are supposed to have small kitchenettes. Well, they do have a counter and a small sink, a small microwave and a small dorm room fridge where the door opens the wrong way- not on the wall's side. No dinnerware, glasses, etc.

Bed is not the usual Marriott standard but actually quite bad. Linens used are of those maybe used in lower brand hotels.

My bed had bedbugs.

Another BIG HUGE issue was, that apart from the nice front desk service, room keeping was terrible. AWFUL!!! To say the least.

No vacuuming, there is debris on the carpet.

On my arrival, you could tell that the bedsheets had not been changed. So imagine opening your bed on your first night and staring at someone else's body hair...

I called reception and they told me that they would gladly change me to another lower room and then that they did not have one. I was there on business, with business files already out of my bags. My only option was to use the sofa bed's sheets, I though it would be OK for one night. I told them the next morning and they said they were sorry and that they would specially see that it would be all done correctly upon my return.

Then, I arrived for the second night and to my surprise, not only did they NOT change the sheets. they did not do my room!!!!

I called again to complain and very nicely they said that would provide me with reward miles and lower the next night some 20 Dollars off!!!

Finally on the third night there was some evidence of room keeping. Only bed was done, no meaningful cleaning of the bathroom, etc.

I'm a Marriott gold member. I stay well over 50 nights a year in a Marriott. Honestly, avoid this property.

My experience was terrible. I feel for the good people working at the front desk but the hotel's design is poor even if newer, the back office production is awful. I don't think this is a well managed property and I will never stay there again. I wouldn't consider it if I was you.

Room Tip: Try to stay in another area outside of downtown if you are not staying in a top of the line hotel.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Springhill Suites Dallas West End. I will be sharing your review and the circumstances you described, with our housekeeping department in hopes we can improve on our service. We recently went through a complete renovation to include replacing the standard mattresses and the standard linen that is in all Springhill Suites. I will research the other issue with our pest control vendor, as we have not had any reports of the pests you decribed reported to the front desk or our pest control vendor. I too wish we had a parking lot attached to the hotel but due to the conversion of the existing building and the limited land in the area, our parking is across the street. As you mentioned we do have a valet service available for a fee.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I apologize you had a negative expereince with our hotel.