“Great Location”

SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End
Ranked #62 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was here for a trade show in the convention center. They had a shuttle to the convention center which was nice. The room was fairly clean there was a spot on the sheets looked like mascara. Other than that a great location and easy to get to the convention center. The staff was nice and the breakfast area was good. Of the 5 days I stayed there there were only 2 days they had waffles which was a bit of a disappointment but for the most part a decent stay for the location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to read your postive comments. I will pass on the information regarding the mark on the sheet to our laundry department.

We try and offer a variety of items on our complimentary breakfast. We do change our offerings so our guests have different selections if they are on an extended stay. Waffles are definetly on our rotation, as you noted, but they are not offered every day for the reason I mentioned.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a great choice for Downtown Dallas! Nice rooms, great staff, wonderful breakfast. This hotel is really Downtown; in the heart of everything! I didn't have a car with me, so can't speak about parking. No complaints! I look forward to my return!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here February 28th - March 03 for NCA 2014 cheer competition. The location was great!!! We were 3-4 blocks from the Dallas convention center. It was a quick walk back & forth due to extra practices for the cheer team. The rooms were very spacious. The perks of free wifi & free breakfast was added bonuses. The house keeping staff barely spoke much English, was hard asking for extra towels. What I LOVED about this hotel was all the eateries / restaurants on the block behind it. The aquarium was right across the street. We were never bored or grew tired of the same food.

Room Tip: Park in the garage across the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You are most definitely correct, there are a ton of things to do in our area. Sometimes trying to pick a place for lunch is overwhelming making a decision.

Thanks again,

Genral Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here Final Four weekend. Close to all the downtown attractions, Aquarium, American Airlines Arena both easy walks. Basic suite hotel rooms for 3 of us for big enough with no problem. Standard breakfast I would suggest mixing it up a little maybe bacon and potatoes instead of same exact items everyday. Little disappointed in housekeeping left empty cans and paper coffee cups in our room entire weekend Staff was friendly, and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bhawbill

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have passed along your concerns to our housekeeping staff. That is most definitely a task that should have been completed during your stay.

Thank you again for the kind review.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for a conference and the rates were very reasonable. Continental breakfast was good, included options for gluten-free visitors like myself. Only concern I would voice would be that housekeeping requests took a while to be fulfilled, possibly because of the number of guests at the time. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Location is about a 15-minute walk from the Convention Center, and only a few minutes from many restaurants. Overall, I would stay here again should I find myself in Dallas.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will pass along your kind comments to our staff.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We parked the car and left it there for two days. Many tourist attractions are steps away. Excellent restaurants are close by. The rooms are very large and spacious. The beds are only double beds. This is stated on the web site but it didn't really register with me until I got in the room. Oh, well. The breakfast cereal, bagels, waffles and yogurt are what you would expect and they serve the purpose. There was a dish they called scrambled eggs that was simply dreadful. The pool was tiny. The facility is very neat and clean and the staff is extremely helpful. I am a Marriott gold member, but this was my first visit to a Springhill Suites. It is slightly above what you would expect at a Fairfield, but definitely below a Residence Inn. All in all, though, if traveling with the family I would stay there again. If alone on business, I will go back to the Marriott City Center.

Room Tip: I had no problem with any street noise on the 10th floor. The garage staff is particularly helpful...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank brad120

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have passed along your kind comments to our staff.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Not a 5 star because that would suggest pretentiousness it lacks...this is a great location for a first time visit to Dallas...easy walk to JFK sites, Aquarium and lots of great restaurants...short drive to Bush Library and stadiums...very spacious, clean suite at a bargain downtown price...affordable parking across the street to avoid valet fees...only down side? The worst scrambled eggs I ever had at comp breakfast...highly recommend!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
jeff d, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dallas Downtown/West End, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are centrally located, as you mentioned, to most of the downtown attractions ad restaraunts.

I will review our offerings with our breakfast team to see how we can improve on our eggs. With so many different guest, with different tastes, we have been offering simple scrambled eggs on our complimentary breakfast buffet.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Sincerey,