“Rude Management and Dirty Furniture”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #142 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The positive points: it was conveniently located and had a kitchenette in the room. The negative points: the furniture in the room was stained and crusted, the WiFi worked on day one and was gone on day two, the fitness center includes a broken elliptical, a treadmill and a stationary bike. The really frustrating point was that the manager chose to treat the pool first thing in the morning on Sunday. So, when we brought the kids out to swim, the pool was unavailable. After speaking with him on the phone (because he refused to walk up to the front desk), he said that he was not available to treat the pool at night when it closed at 10. It was better to not offer an amenity that was promised than to take care of this when the pool was shut down. So, don't count on the pool . . . or the wifi . . . or cleanliness!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christie G
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Christie - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the pool was unavailable for a period of time during your stay. Please know, there was a chemical imbalance in the pool, so while it was never our intention to close the pool during open hours, we needed to because the safety of our guests must come first. As well, I am sorry for they way this situation was handled by our staff. I will be speaking with them directly to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dmc @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The staff was very friendly and outgoing. I would like to give special thanks to Mr. Robert Luera, Antionette and Verna. These people made my stay very special. Truly a very enjoyable time in the best "Texas Hospitality Tradition". The room and all other facilities were very clean, and I would definitly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Hi Michael,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff showed our "Texas Hospitality". Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I don't even know where to begin with. I am totally disgusted with the entire experience. My nightmare began as soon as I reach the hotel and find out that my room (which was requested over the phone and confirmed by the front desk staff) was not available. I was given only 2 options, so had to settle for one. The property is filthy, dirty, stains everywhere from carpet, sofa, chairs to curtains and even on ceiling. Bed was very uncomfortable, loud noises from above, corridors, parking lots, creaking floors, slamming doors. Hair in bathroom, extremely loud a/c. The list will just go on and on.

The icing on the cake comes the next day morning at checkout, I am asked to pay extra $$$ for my room. Rude staff, no sense of customer service whatsoever. I told her that I had booked the stay via priceline.com and pre-paid for my stay. She wanted to look at "paperwork", expressly stating that "I can't take your word for it, I have to see the paperwork". Insisted that she had all records, but surprisingly couldn't find mine. I refused to pay any extra money and she had to call and change the rate codes. Whatever !!

Please save yourself and DO NOT ever stay at this place. I am disgusted beyond words.

Room Tip: Good luck finding one at this property, sorry guys.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank hungama70
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The cleanliness of the hotel and the interaction with the front desk you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am meeting with the entire staff to review your comments and discuss how we can avoid a similar situation in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dmc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband booked our hotel stay here through Priceline.com. I called a week before our travel date to request a King Non-Smoking Room. The front desk receptionist informed me that the room was already booked for a King Non-Smoking. I informed them that I had spoken with someone earlier and was promised the King room. She wanted to know with whom I spoke. I did not take the young ladies name. Where I come from when someone tells you they will do something they are suppose to do it! They had given away our room and we had to settle for Queen Non-Smoking. They had no explanation or common courtesy to offer for their mistake. This hotel was absolutely Filthy. It smelled terrible. Every corridor reeked of air freshener trying to cover up the unpleasant odors. They do not maintain anything. The lobby, corridor, and elevator was so bad that I actually dreaded going into the room. Every inch of floor was covered with something that needed swept, mopped, or vacuumed. The room ceiling had huge water stains, curtains had some huge black mystery stain on them. The carpet was sticky. The bathroom floor was slippery with God only knows what. The room did not smell fresh at all. The fabric furniture had huge stains all over it. It was so bad I was afraid to put my clothes or belongings anywhere. I ended up removing the comforter and laying it over the sofa so we could put our things down. I did not remove my socks in the room my entire stay. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. The bedding was old, tabby, and scratchy. The pillows were like rough paper. The kitchen was dirty the sink had gunk in the bottom. Floors were not swept well. The A/C unit was so loud it was like a piece of machinery was in the room with us. The person above us stomped their floor all night. You can hear everything through the walls inside. You can also hear everything from the outside of the hotel as well. Very old building that needs an absolute demolition and remodel inside. I have stayed in many hotels in my time, but this one was absolutely disgusting. Then the next morning when we were ready to get the heck outta there the front lobby attendant informed my husband that he needed to pay more for the room. She refused to check us out until my husband paid her. She claimed we had been put in the wrong room. Yes thanks to them we had! Because they gave away our room! We had already paid for our room through priceline. The transaction was complete. She wanted my husband to give her a receipt from the previous afternoon when we checked in. They didn't give us anything at that time. She wanted to know who checked us in so she could scold them. Guess what? SHE DID! She would not look at the booking in her system and flat out accused my husband of lying about the fact that he paid through priceline. She told him she couldn't take his word for it. Okay fine, then look into your own computer system the information is there! He had to call me inside from our car and I literally had to pull up the priceline information that she refused to look for herself on her computer from my phone. She was trying to charge us $99.00 dollars inclusive of tax for a room we had already paid for. She still argued with my husband and refused to speak to him directly. She kept yelling the same thing asking who checked us in. Again SHE DID! She was the rudest front desk attendant I have ever dealt with. Finally after she was satisfied with the receipt on my phone, she still held us there so she could call their own help line to fix the problem. She finally let us go and never gave us our receipt from them. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I don't suggest you do either.

Room Tip: A/C Unit is extremely loud. Walls are paper thin you can hear everything going on inside and outside...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam M
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I just want to compliment the manager Robert Luera for help and courtesy he provided me during my stay. I was initially scheduled to be at the hotel for one week due to a medical conference in Dallas, after the first night the conference was put on hold and several of out-of-towers were stranded with paid hotels/rental cars. I spoke to Mr Luera about my situation and he graciously worked something out with me so I wouldn't absorb the punch of a situation out of my control. I just want to thank him and recognize his professionalism and care for the satisfaction of the hotel guest. Thank you Mr Luera for everything. Blessings.

Room Tip: non-smoking. I chose a first floor because I wanted to be near the lobby. the internet is not a secu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the hotel manager; Robert Luera. It's always nice to hear examples of staff members providing great guest service.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

This place was ok. I enjoyed the property, its location, and what I paid for it. It just sucked that I left my laundry unattended while I was there because when I did my laundry there I had some socks, undies, and a couple of T-Shirts come up "missing" while they were in the dryer.
Overall it's a good value for what you get and what you pay for, just if you decide to use the laundry facility there I'd advise you to stay w/ your laundry and NOT leave it unattended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Greg - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It pleases me to read to that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the property itself. Still, I sincerely apologize that some of your laundry was removed from the guest laundry room. We are looking into this issue for you, and are working to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dmc@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

a really wonderful experience service is great location: was perfect room with hugeoyvvd hyffckjb gbv. Gjhfjn cyvjbg. Uhyghjk. Vtfivgvbn. HV h. Gy. Yhjkvz. Ghkvh ghccn gjhu gf vhcc bcbv. Ghxdh ghjxvuvghfx gv G gbgjjcg. GgbjfI don't have to like I don't like having to come up with 200 words for my review this sucks really big time I really don't want to do the survey now

• Stayed: April 2013
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt your stay with us was great. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.