“Great Staff - Filthy rooms and not maintained” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #138 of 196 Hotels in Dallas
San Francisco, California
“Great Staff - Filthy rooms and not maintained”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

The front desk staff was very pleasant, Jerrica and older gentlemen on check out were very friendly - the hotel rooms were filthy and not well kept. I will not stay there again its needs some serious work by the owner. Kudos to your nice staff though

Room Tip: no surrounding restaurants if you dont have a car your only option for a meal is a Texaco gas statio...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

The rooms and hallways smell of smoke, dirty diapers, and pets. The beds are terrible and the staff are too busy "cleaning" rooms to stay at the front desk. While they were pleasant, I think that they are understaffed. The rooms were terrible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It upsets me to hear that the hallways had an odor when you checked in. I am sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with our staff, and we are making sure their presence is known at the front desk. We are also working with our maintenance team, to ensure we are eradicating any unpleasant odors that are present in the hallways. We will check on the condition of the mattress that was in your room and replace if needed. Again, I apologize about your experience. Please know we are working to fix these issues and would love for you to give us another opportunity to have you as our guest. Thank you again for bringing your experience to our attention. Please contact me, at dmc@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope to see you again in the future.
Gold Beach, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I came here to Dallas for work I arrived here March 12th and I planned to stay for thirteen weeksI
I got my room and the sofa was filthy and the bed creeked badly when I asked for these problems to be fixed they were fixed promptly! It went downhill from there! I started seeing mouse terds on my counters that was several weeks ago they said Orkin came out and put down two sticky traps in the kitchen...I am still having mouse problems! In there defense they did offer to move me to a different room but I have so much stuff with me including my own dishes pots and pans etc...my room also in a convienient location as I have my dog with me and I need to take her out often I am very clean I work in an OR and travel around the country working in different hospitals every thirteen weeks! I keep my place very clean! I finally called guest no relations about four weeks ago and nothing was done! Today I was at work talking to another traveler who told me that she is staying here and paying $10 less per day than I am...I called guest no relations again to let them know that I'm still having problems with the mouse and to ask them about the rate difference and they told me that I'm locked in to that rate and it can't be changed! So they haven't gotten rid of my rodent problem...they are charging another nurse $10 per day less...my truck got broken in during my stay here and when I asked if they have cameras in the parking lot they said no there are signs all over to remove all your valuables which is true there are signs literally everywhere because they know they have a serious problem but they won't put up camera for safety! They broke the lock on my truck and stole some things! My toilet was leaking and because maintenance doesn't work weekends I had to wait three days for them to fix it...so I had to soak up toilet water with towels until they took the time to fix it which was Monday afternoon!
The positives for the most part the employees are nice! I have stayed other times at extended stays and Crosslands during my travels and never had the problems that I have had here! I don't feel like the company cares about their guests I have been dealing with my mouse problem discretely until now! Oh by the way I just went to flush my toilet about an hour ago and the plastic handle broke off! The toilet won't stop running and they can't fix it until sometime tomorrow! I am planning to move out of here as soon as possible I signed a 60 day contract to get my not so great rate so when's that's up I'm gone! This company has really put a sour taste in my mouth they truly don't care I doubt I will ever stay at any of their hotels again! I am paying almost $1200 dollars a month to live here and the nurse I work with is only paying $900!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kelly N
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Bed was terrible; room smelled. Requested second floor seven months in advance and it was not available at check in; no other rooms available.

Would definitely not stay at this hotel in the future.

Pay attention to this review before staying.

Room Tip: Stay away from all rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the odors in your room. I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. In response to your feedback regarding our booking process, I will meet with our staff to review our reservations policy so that this issue does not affect our future guests. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, dmc@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I've stayed here several times in the past several years because of the convenient location (15 minutes from the Cultural District) and the QPR. The place has undergone some upgrading and, while not lavish, offers the amenities I require and more efficient check-in.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be in a convenient location and at a great price. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The first night of my stay at this hotel, my car was broken into. There are NO security cameras or security staff at this hotel. We stayed 5 nights and by the end of our stay we had bites all over our bodies from bed bugs. The day we checked out, another guest had his car broken into the night before. Major theft and dirty hotel. I would stay far away from this place because it will cost you a lot more than what the nightly rate is when you are being broken into and suffering from bed bug bites!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott D
Chapala
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel is worn and the location isn´t the best; however, all of this could be looked over if the staff were remotely pleasant or helpful. The woman I dealt with was one step short of being rude. Dallas has far to many hotels to settle. Unfortunately, this was booked online because of its location. The ESA chain is usually much better than this location. Overall, a tremendous disappointment. I would definitely NOT stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo