“Motel 6 - Dallas TX” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #127 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Sun City, California, United States
“Motel 6 - Dallas TX”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This place is what it is. It's not the Hilton Anatole. Though that's not far away (a couple blocks). It's a cheap hotel, I paid $43 bucks a night. Compared to 100 to 150 dollars per night less than a mile away it's a reasonable deal.Not only do places like the Hilton charge very high rates they also tack on all kinds of additional taxes and fees and since I just needed an inexpensive place to crash for a couple nights while out in Dallas for an Energy convention, this worked out just fine.

Not bad for a Motel-6 the room was very clean... Tile & laminate floors instead of dingy carpet And the Internet actually worked better than at the Hilton garden. Management does not allow parties or Hourly guests so the place was quiet & I got a great nights sleep which was much needed after my drive from CA

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the interior courtyard
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
andy p, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dallas Northwest, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel.

Our aim is provide our valued guests a great stay wherein they were able to enjoy and relax in their rooms and wakeup from a refreshing sleep. Your comments only prove that we were able to achieve that during your stay.

We will continue in striving to exceed you expectations and rest assured that we will be more than happy to serve you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at Motel 6 Dallas - North, 13185 North Central Expwy. Using online booking, $41.39 before tax. Price I wanted and the area I was in; so keeping it simple, it was okay. Much more like a privately owned low grade motel than what we used to could expect with any Motel 6. Extremely dated room, kinda musty, but once I turned the a/c to a low temperature and checked the bed sheets for signs to confirm not previously used, I slept fine. I would say more old and funky than dirty. At 12:18 in the night an officer working security knocked on my door to return my drivers license being the check-in clerk didn't return it and apparently I didn't notice. I guess the room phone didn't work?? I don't know, odd but not a problem. Glad to have it back being I didn't even know I was without it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 457LisaC
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. Your comments will help in our aim to provide you with a great customer experience.

Your feedback regarding the enhancements and upkeep of our rooms will be taken into consideration and aim to find more ways to improve our accommodations and facilities.

We hope to provide you a better experience should you decide to stay with us again in the future.
Atmore, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

amazing service, and nice large rooms, cant beat the 45 price tag either. its a interior property which is a plus. they have a huge pool and spa area. really didn't expect all this from a motel 6.seems the brand is on a mission now days. stayed at a few more locations after this experience and i had the pleasure of staying at the forest location which have the new modern rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Chad S
Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. Your feedback is very important to us.

We are very grateful that you appreciated the great service that our hotel offers. Your comments prove that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Our dedication to excellent customer service is continuously inspired by warm comments from our valued guests.

Thank you for your business and we are certainly looking forward to a more likely stay in the future.
Berrien Springs, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I used Hotwire (for the first and last time) and wasn't too happy to get assigned a Motel 6. As another reviewer said, this property used to be a La Quinta Inn til about 2 years ago. The good thing about that was an inside entrance, unlike most Motel 6 properties. Better than most Motel 6 properties I think. It turned out that this property does not have a contract with Hotwire so when I arrived I had no reservation. However the man at the front desk helped me contact Hotwire to get a refund and I decided to stay there anyway since it was late and they had a room and it didn't look too bad. I was in Dallas for a conference so I wasn't at the hotel much, but it served the purpose. It wasn't as clean as it could have been, and had a slightly shabby feeling about it - cigarette burn holes in the bedspread, extra blanket that looked quite worn, tears in the shower curtain, etc. My room was quiet though and I was able to sleep well. I had no problem with my car in the parking lot. It didn't seem like an unsafe area. This motel doesn't serve breakfast, but there is an IHOP 2 blocks away and a Waffle House and Starbucks approx. 2 1/2 blocks away as well as several other restaurants. It was easy to get on/off the 35E freeway and get where I needed to go. It was about 15-20 minutes from downtown Dallas.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank darcforest
andy p, Manager at Motel 6 Dallas Northwest, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. It is nice to read that you remark the perfect location of our hotel. We hope you will choose our Hotel again.
san antonio, texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

The hotel used to be a La Quinta inn and apparently motel 6 took over the property 2 years ago. The hotel is in an unsafe area according to the front desk - that told us that cars are always being stolen so we should try to park in a lighted area so he can see it through security cameras.
The hotel is stuck in an early 80s decor and is very worn - towels, linens, and old school box TV set. The king room is large but the wall was peeling, ac sounded horrible and only a bar of soap was available in the bathroom where the shower head was eroding. There is a writing desk with a broken office chair and a small outdated microwave with a small refrigerator. The dressers and night stands have broken handles. The closet is small with worn wood handles. There is shaky Internet and free parking but no breakfast just some strange looking coffee maker that I would never drink from.
I never stay at 1 star properties because I don't find them appealing or safe. The people who we saw in the lobby were very low class with torn clothing and spoke in ghetto English and foul language and gestures.
I got a reservation booked through an online website and complained to the company that this is not the looks of a 3 star hotel. The next day I called my booking company that quickly apologized and gave me a full refund.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank FNA77
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

NO BREAKFAST. Not very clean. Floor and baseboard dirty in front lobby. Needs update. Carpet torn right when you step off the elevator. Attempted to use the hot tub but the timer didn't work. Called the front desk and said "the hot tub doesn't work?" Front desk says "yeah it works just the jets don't work". Outdoor furniture old and rusty. No tissue or waste basket in the bathroom. No iron, ironing board or hairdyer. Was supposed to be non smoking but there were cigarette burns on the furniture and bath vanity. Crayon scribbles all over one wall. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank travelingnana777
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

The customer service we received at this hotel was amazing! Fast, easy check-in and very friendly. The rooms are all suites and very clean and comfortable. The indoor pool area was very nice and our daughter had a great time swimming! One of the best, if not THE BEST, Motel 6's that I've been in!!! Thanks.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family