“Good One Night Stay!!”

Ranked #95 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good One Night Stay!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

This is my first time ever staying at a Candlewood Suites Hotel. Well I stayed here only for one night and let me tell you. I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again if I ever had the chance. Close to shopping at the Galleria Mall and other shops.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

This particular location has not yet been remodeled though we hear it will be done in August, so it is a little dated. The staff is friendly but not as knowledgable and outgoing as we have experienced elsewhere. The room was clean but had a little smell to them of too much cooking and maybe smoke. The trash in the hallway piles up and smells the entire floor before they take it out. Overall I am not impressed with anything here so far. The area is pretty decent. We are by a nice mall, Galleria, and tons of restaurants are just two exits away so that's a plus. With the Texas heat I wish they'd have shaded spots to park under.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Jennifer N,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We are glad you found our location convenient. I am very sorry we fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your comments regarding the hallways and the staff. We will certainly look into these. Your feedback is highly appreciated as this is our best resource for improving our property.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I always stay in this hotel everytime I am in a business trip to Dallas.Best thing about this place is the friendly staff available 24/7, close proximity to the Galleria Mall and loads of other restaurants. Since I travel frequently I get free upgrade to a large one bedroom suite.They also have a nice collections of movies which one can rent for free at the front desk and have couple of Indian channels in the channel list.Though the gym isn't too fancy they provide free admission to a nice gym on the other side of the road.Overall a nice place at a affordable rate.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Cambridgeshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Used 5K award points for a one night stay. Got upgraded to a larger room and got to spin a wheel at the front desk fro a freebie-3$ to spend in the cupboard. Staff very helpful and friendly room and hotel clean. IMHO the area is OK -though I did not wander the streets at night!
Very close to the mall so loads of shops and eats.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Abilene, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Excellent front desk service. Clean. But - a little scary. Best rate I could find near the Galleria, but I was not comfortable with the location and did not feel 100% safe. I would not recommend to a friend, so I can't reccomend to you. Pay a little more and stay at another proprty nearby.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed 3 nights, clean, $61 per night was upgraded to a nice suite. Nothing too fancy. Two blocks to the Galleria, lots of restaurants around.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed here for a weekend visit with my Priority Club points. It was a nice hotel budget friendly hotel. Though it doesn't have many frills. The rooms were clean and the kitchenette was very useful. The bed was very comfortable too. We had a non-smoking room that smelled like it had been recently smoked in and had burns on the curtain so I wasn't crazy about that but I sprayed the room down with some air freshener and that helped. All in all, if you need a budget stay I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple