“Pretty good”

Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria
Ranked #103 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here for 4 weeks and was pretty much standard fare for a Candlewood. It's in a good location and is cheaper than the Embassy Suites next door. All the staff were friendly save for one of the night clerks. He was a taller, hispanic man who was quite rude on a couple of occasions and a bit on the smug side. Which is puzzling considering the fact that he's a hotel clerk for a living. In any event, the place will do the job. Not great but you could certainly do worse.

Room Tip: As always, try and get a top floor. And DO NOT FORGET YOUR KEY CARD after hours as there is no way...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tatuicu
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear tatuicu,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our location.

I appreciate your compliment regarding our staff but I am truly sorry for any inconvenience you had with one of our staff. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise, reward and motivation for the future.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I recently stayed here for 6 weeks and was very impressed with the recent renovations. The rooms were very tasteful and roomy and I slept so well. The big pluses were the free guest laundry and the customer service. Dondi and Staci were always so friendly and attentive along with the rest of the staff. If my business sends me to Dallas again, I know where I will request to stay. I travel constantly for work and I am looking forward to staying at other Candlewood Suites.
The location was also ideal - next to shopping and restaurants. Thanks again for the amazing stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Javier C
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Javier C,

We really appreciate your business and the positive feedback. Your review reflects our efforts to make our guests feel special and that they have a "home away from home".
I will be sure to share your comments with the Team and should your travels bring you to the Dallas area in the future we sure hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 May 2013 via mobile

So I came to this hotel for a business trip. From outward appearances, it looked like a nice place to stay for the few weeks that I was out here. However, when I got to my room, I noticed little black bugs crawling all over the desk an countertop. I immediately went to the front desk. I told the young man that there was bugs in my room. His response: "oh yeah. We know about that." WHAT?!!! I looked at him and said "so you knew there were bugs in that room and you assigned it to me anyway?" I guess he realized that he slipped up because he immediately apologized and offered me another room. He mentioned that Orkin would be there soon to eliminate the problem. Too late, my friend. The damage was already done. And I have to mention that I'm traveling with a group of 5 and 3 of us have had to change rooms since we arrived two days ago. Not a good track record at all.

• Stayed: May 2013
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Dear Cahanson,

We value your feedback and appreciate your business.

We realize you have options and are pleased that you chose to stay with us.

We regret that your stay was unpleasant and want to assure you that we do not have a pest problem at this hotel. We have a routine maintenance program with reputable pest control company as this is Texas and we occasionally experience visits from ants.

You mentioned that 2 other people in your group also changed rooms. I hope that you and your group found your new rooms satisfactory and enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 20 April 2013

i stayed here waiting for my condo to be ready to move in the worst draw back was the lack of an onsite pool. otherwise the room was well stocked with essential s and the laundry room is free and functions. there was never any difficult y getting a machine. there is also a small cupboard with little things you would find OK n a gas station slightly over priced but ran on an honor system and always stocked very convenient its staff is pleasant and helpful. no delay OK n ordering a cab it only took 15 minutes for the longest wait the parking lo rt was rt ore up but progress seemed to move quickly that coupled with the already bad construction on 635 causes inconvenience in traffic. and gps confusion there is luckily a 24 hr CVS next door

Room Tip: the basic suite is like a studio and smoking room s are available
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Devin F.,

Thank you so much for your review of the hotel. We know that you have choices and are very pleased that you chose to stay with us while you waited on your condo to be made move in ready.

We are excited about our recent $1.8 Million Dollar Renovation to the interior of the hotel. In addition, we have also completed an exterior renovation that includes exterior paint and completely repaving the parking lot.

Thank you very much for your patience with our construction crews during this time.

We appreciate your business and look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Staci C.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

This long term stay hotel is located just two short blocks from the Galleria Mall in North Dallas (Addison). The entire property has just been renovated and it really shows. The staff is both friendly and accommodating. They do a great job of making you feel at home. My studio room had ample room, a nice kitchen with dishwasher, decent pots and pans and a full size refrigerator with ice maker. The free wireless Internet is fast and reliable. The bed is comfortable and even though they offer feather pillows, I found the standard pillows to be perfect. There are free washers and dryers to use plus a pantry where you can buy last minute items you might have forgotten like laundry soap, drinks, snacks, breakfast and more. I have to be in Dallas for an entire year and consider this the perfect place to make my home away from home.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Staci C, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear gwheel1,

We are very excited about the completion of our $1.8 Million Dollar Renovation and glad that you are pleased with the beautiful changes as well.

Thank you so much for your patience with our construction crews during that time.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you stay with us in the new year!

StaciC

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I had my relatives stay at this hotel because they have a kitchen and they accept pets. It is also reasonably priced. However, the hotel came up short on several levels. On one day, the hot water was shut off without warning and they had to take cold showers. When I called the hotel, they told me that they were under renovation and to basically expect the unexpected. On another day, their stove stopped working (because of renovations perhaps?). There are no discounts given for inconveniences. The hotel does not understand that the guests and customers are the #1 priority, not their renovations. Getting them done quick without regard to the guests is a great way to ruin someone's stay. They seem to have forgotten that without guests, they don't have any revenue. Please do not stay here because they will not put you first.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EddieKMD

Dear EddieKMD,

We appreciate your business and value your feedback. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. During the 8 week period that we were under renovation we did experience some plumbing issues that required immediate attention. These events were unexpected and unfortunately out of our control. We are pleased to announce the completion of our $1.8 Million Dollar renovation and hope that if you need hotel accomodations in the Dallas area you will give us another opportunity to show you how much we do care about our guests.

StaciC

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We are relocating to Dallas, and my husband needed somewhere to stay for about 10 days. I read all the reviews on extended-stay places (those with kitchenettes) and chose this hotel. There were no reviews for this hotel that mentioned roaches like many of the others. He checked in first, and then I joined him a few days later. The location is excellent as you are right at the Dallas North Tollway. However, he hadn't even checked in yet when he called to tell me that I wouldn't want to stay. It turned out to be OK, but you should be aware.

The Good: The staff are friendly, and he was able to get checked in without issue. The room itself was small but nice. Everything you need including kitchen, big closet, nice comfy bed, bathroom, and a little desk. Plenty of outlets for computers or charging phones plus free Wifi. The laundry facilities are free. This is a big plus for people who will be here for an extended stay.

The Bad: The lobby smells like BO. I'm not talking a little stink. I mean the kind that makes you hold your breath and run out the door for fresh air. The kind you smell on a public bus in tropical heat surrounded by people who haven't bathed in a month. I can't imagine why it smells like that but it does. It's like they let the rankest homeless people they can find sleep in the lobby. Our room (on the third floor) did not have any smell, but I don't know if the first floor rooms get the stank or not. The TV is old, and the rooms are old. Not necessarily run down, but you will feel that it's older. I think the refurb scheduled for later this month will help with that. The fitness center is, for lack of a better word, busted. One treadmill is stuck in the max incline position. The elliptical doesn't turn on. I ran on the other treadmill, but it's shaky. Made me feel like I could pitch sideways at any moment.

Overall, if you can get a good rate and stay on an upper level then it's probably worth it. Just be prepared to hold your breath when you enter or exit.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate your feedback and value your business. We are happy to announce that we have completed a $1.8 Million Dollar renovation of the hotel in December 2012.
We hope that if you have hotel needs in the future you will consider us again.
Best Regards!