“Good Value, close to Galleria”

Candlewood Suites Dallas-By the Galleria
Ranked #91 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Daphne, Alabama
“Good Value, close to Galleria”
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Two elderly aunts and I stayed 2 nights for a family event. We all had our own rooms and were perfectly happy with the cleanliness and the comfy beds. I slept very well both nights. Nothing fancy, nothing negative, good AAA rate of $63. Easy access from/to I-635. Enjoyed the easy walk to Galleria. Hotel offers "Candlewood Value" room that has internet/printer (free), plus washers/dryers, work-out equip and an honor system panry for all sorts of things like pop tarts, bananas, apples, juice, sode, milk, canned soup/tuna, gum, candy bars, toiletries, etc.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NNMinAL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2009

The hotel appears average. I think I got bug bite on my foot the first night. The second night I got another 2 bug bites on a different locations. I developed rashes for 2 weeks. I wonder if the bites were from bed bugs.... I've gotten bed bugs bites before in Asia, and these are so similar.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I stayed at the Candlewood on a Friday night. The hotel was very clean, was in a great location (several blocks to the Galleria, less than 2 miles from the Addison restaurants. Super convenient to get on the North Dallas tollway. Full size refrigerator, cooktop and microwave. Comfortable bed. Wired and wireless high speed. No complaints at all. On this trip I paid less to stay at the Candlewood with all the amenities than I did for some dumps on the side of the freeway. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Valencia, CA
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Room had full kitchen and hotel had FREE guest laundry with 4 machines. No breakfast. Paid $125 for Sunday night with AAA. Front desk seemed understaffed. About a one mile walk to the Galleria and a few other restaurants. We wound up at Paradise Cafe. Soups, salads, sandwiches. Hotel is freeway close. This worked well for our one night in Dallas.

• Liked — Free guest laundry, close to freeway, reasonably close to restaurants and shopping
  • Disliked — Front desk understaffed, not knowledgeable on directions
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 18 October 2007

I am actually still staying here, and I can tell you that since the latest reviews on THIS site, they have changed a lot.

New beds (VERY comfortable), high speed internet, recliner, DVD player, CD player, fitness center, and pretty big closet space for a hotel.

My only negative comment is : The shower pressure is... odd. It's high enough to be comfy, but I think I'm just picky about my shower. Hot water!

Very quiet! In a good location.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Shower head
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville
Reviewed 6 July 2007

I got the hotel thru hotwire usually when i reserve with them the rating was pretty good. This time they missed it. They give candlewood hotel 2.5 but it is a 1 star hotel. Dirty room, leaky air condition and restroom fan is not function. I asked to chage to another room they said i have to wait 4 hours. I paid the full amount and i do not have any choice to finish the remainder of my two days stay here. I alredy have staffy nose and headache. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL PERIOD.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank wakeuppeople
Raytown, MO
Reviewed 1 December 2006

I stayed here three days during a business trip. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible.

They offer full kitchen facilities in each room. However, they only offer housekeeping services on a weekly basis. If you wanted clean towels or sheets, you would have to "exchange" them at the front desk.

They offered snack items on the "honor system" in their room they called the Candlewood Cupboard. They weren't too expensive, but I usually went to the CSV next door because there was a better selection.

If given a choice, I would not stay here again unless it was a last resort. It was better than a motel, but not as nice as even a Holiday Inn.

• Liked — It was convenient as my class was only 1 block away from the hotel.
  • Disliked — No housekeeping, no pool, very LIMITED amenities.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business