“Acceptable for inexpensive hotel”

Ramada Dallas Love Field
Ranked #146 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Pacifica, California
“Acceptable for inexpensive hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Got stuck in Dallas overnight after missing a connecting flight: an airline put me up in this hotel. I arrived very late in evening and hotel front desk manager was friendly and helpful, even offered to help me get dinner despite the kitchen having just closed. I settled on a drink in the bar. The entire hotel is very run down but the bar takes the biscuit: it's like having a drink in an aging Youth club. Drab interior, handful of heavy drinking guys propping up the bar. One of the two bar staff was friendly and got me a drink promptly, the other was putting up with the drunk men. As I left the bar, I found a lonely soggy french fry on the middle of the carpet which sort of summed up the sadness of it all.
Room was very shabby but actually very clean. Bed comfortable with exception of lumpy, man made pillows. Air conditioner in room loud and inefficient -couldn't sleep with the fan fully on so had to turn it back down and deal with the heat.
Bathroom had soap. shampoo and conditioner which was unexpected.
Breakfast was a decent selection of scrambled eggs (runny), potatoes, bagels, etc. Good for a free breakfast but spoiled by the polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery.
All in all, the place is just very sad and definitely NOT a place for a romantic get away. If you don't expect much and need somewhere affordable, this place is a decent option. At least the staff is friendly and the rooms nice and clean. Location not very desirable in that it didn't feel very safe. I propped my suitcase against the door given I was on the ground floor and I was glad the sliding door wouldn't open.
Used Taxi to get to airport -didn't even know there was a shuttle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Dallas because we are looking to move here. We booked this hotel months in advance. When we first got here the first thought was "it looks nothing like the pictures". The night management was very disrespectful. Rooms were not clean. The bedding has holds in it. All I have to say for the bathroom is gross. And if that doesn't turn you off: THERE WHERE BED BUGS! So big you can see them with your nake eye. We checked out, but we should have never checked in. Lesson learned, trust your first instinct! I wish I can post a video to prove how horrible this place is.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Riverside, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to catching a flight out of DAL on Southwest. It took the hotel more than an hour to get the courtesy shuttle to pick us up from the Airport when we first landed there. The shuttle also goes to various points in Downtown Dallas to drop or pick up workers and others. They do not seem to have dedicated transportation for the pick ups from the Airport. When we asked the management as to why the delay, we were told that this was a free courtesy shuttle, and so the delay is to be expected. The room itself was OK and the hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexkuruvi
RamadaDallasLove, General Manager at Ramada Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review about your recent stay at the Ramada Dallas Love Field Hotel and I want to say I am so sorry for the problems that you encountered with the Shuttle Service.

As we do not have a designated shuttle, we usually try to get to the airport as quickly as possible and we will work to make sure that this does not happen in the happen for you or for future guests. There are many ways to get around guests having to wait, but no guest should ever have to wait for any extended period of time.

If you are back in the area, any time soon, please let me know so that we can make sure that this does not happen again.

Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience and hope that we will see you again at Ramada.
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there last night and had a wonderful stay. The GM was fantastic, fast easy check in, rooms and hotel was clean beds comfortable, nice TV selection, loved the spa massage soap, Will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Dallas hotels
Wingate by Wyndham Dallas Love Field
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport
Motel 6 Dallas - Market Center
Sleep Inn Dallas Love Field-Medical District
Candlewood Suites - Dallas Market Center
Knights Inn Market Center
Knights Inn Market Center
#136 of 203 in Dallas

Been to Ramada Dallas Love Field? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Dallas Love Field

Property: Ramada Dallas Love Field
Address: 1575 Regal Row, At Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75247-3619
Region: United States > Texas > Dallas
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #146 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Dallas Love Field 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Dallas Love Field reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada-Dallas Love Field Hotel Dallas