“The staff is average-some of the people at the front desk...”

Ramada Dallas Love Field
Ranked #145 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Ne Us
“The staff is average-some of the people at the front desk...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The staff is average-some of the people at the front desk are friendly and wish to help whenever they can; the others either act in a rash manner or put on a false face of friendliness. The manager, Roy, was one of the friendly ones who always tried to be accommodating. The shuttle driver was a young and energetic guy, which was nice. The housekeeping service was generally thorough. The breakfast is shabby, but it has the essential bagels, cereal, and coffee (heavily salted apple slices as the only fruit source). The breakfast man (the guy who puts out the food) certainly does not go out of his way to be friendly. One of the rooms I stayed in had ant-looking bugs in it and a clogged shower, but the second one I moved into was free from both these problems. The wifi is decent (better in the lobby than in the room). Also be aware that the hotel is located adjacent to at least two strip clubs, so you may run into a strange crowd. Overall, this hotel may be a good pick if you want to save money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pacifica, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Got stuck in Dallas overnight after missing a connecting flight: an airline put me up in this hotel. I arrived very late in evening and hotel front desk manager was friendly and helpful, even offered to help me get dinner despite the kitchen having just closed. I settled on a drink in the bar. The entire hotel is very run down but the bar takes the biscuit: it's like having a drink in an aging Youth club. Drab interior, handful of heavy drinking guys propping up the bar. One of the two bar staff was friendly and got me a drink promptly, the other was putting up with the drunk men. As I left the bar, I found a lonely soggy french fry on the middle of the carpet which sort of summed up the sadness of it all.
Room was very shabby but actually very clean. Bed comfortable with exception of lumpy, man made pillows. Air conditioner in room loud and inefficient -couldn't sleep with the fan fully on so had to turn it back down and deal with the heat.
Bathroom had soap. shampoo and conditioner which was unexpected.
Breakfast was a decent selection of scrambled eggs (runny), potatoes, bagels, etc. Good for a free breakfast but spoiled by the polystyrene plates and plastic cutlery.
All in all, the place is just very sad and definitely NOT a place for a romantic get away. If you don't expect much and need somewhere affordable, this place is a decent option. At least the staff is friendly and the rooms nice and clean. Location not very desirable in that it didn't feel very safe. I propped my suitcase against the door given I was on the ground floor and I was glad the sliding door wouldn't open.
Used Taxi to get to airport -didn't even know there was a shuttle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Dallas because we are looking to move here. We booked this hotel months in advance. When we first got here the first thought was "it looks nothing like the pictures". The night management was very disrespectful. Rooms were not clean. The bedding has holds in it. All I have to say for the bathroom is gross. And if that doesn't turn you off: THERE WHERE BED BUGS! So big you can see them with your nake eye. We checked out, but we should have never checked in. Lesson learned, trust your first instinct! I wish I can post a video to prove how horrible this place is.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to catching a flight out of DAL on Southwest. It took the hotel more than an hour to get the courtesy shuttle to pick us up from the Airport when we first landed there. The shuttle also goes to various points in Downtown Dallas to drop or pick up workers and others. They do not seem to have dedicated transportation for the pick ups from the Airport. When we asked the management as to why the delay, we were told that this was a free courtesy shuttle, and so the delay is to be expected. The room itself was OK and the hot breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexkuruvi
RamadaDallasLove, General Manager at Ramada Dallas Love Field, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review about your recent stay at the Ramada Dallas Love Field Hotel and I want to say I am so sorry for the problems that you encountered with the Shuttle Service.

As we do not have a designated shuttle, we usually try to get to the airport as quickly as possible and we will work to make sure that this does not happen in the happen for you or for future guests. There are many ways to get around guests having to wait, but no guest should ever have to wait for any extended period of time.

If you are back in the area, any time soon, please let me know so that we can make sure that this does not happen again.

Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience and hope that we will see you again at Ramada.