“You will <3 this place”

Ranked #7 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“You will <3 this place”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere! parking was easy, they allowed me to park during the day in the valet lane! The front desk was truely helpful & friendly! My orig. room had a air conditioning problem, so they upgraded me to a corner suite! I have to say the new restaurant CBD is phenomenal! The best chicken liver mousse appetizer I ever had and I would venture to say (as a true foodie) the BEST burger in Dallas.....run don't walk & try it for yourself. That being said ....the fries were just ok. After this stay I've decided from now on, this will be my quick 48 hr get away for me time!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Trey G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A chic hotel in downtown Dallas that tries to be a little different.

We were impressed by its stylish and modern foyer and comfortable, well presented rooms. Service was friendly and responsive.

A real bonus for a visitor to town is the free limousine service that takes guests to nearby attractions in Dallas. It worked brilliantly for us, with a friendly and helpful driver.

Loved the "eyeball" sculpture facing the hotel that we understand the hotel owner brought to Dallas

One minor irritation.. Service in the breakfast room fronting the street was a bit confused and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

2 Thank ClimbingOut
Prospect, KY
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay at The Joule. The staff consistently went above and beyond from the we walked in to the time we left. Clint the concierge, Angel the bartender and many others whom I did not get their names really impressed us. I would stay here again. Rooms are contemporary and nice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

What a fun place to stay! We hosted a bachelorette party here and had the 2 story suite and it was awesome! It was decorated in a contemporary theme with nice furnishings. The staff was friendly and helpful! The downstairs had a huge bathroom and living room and dining room. Upstairs had the bedroom and another bathroom. The view of Dallas was cool too! Definitely will stay again!

Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelsnob22Dallas
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've been to Dallas numerous times and stayed at the best downtown hotels they have to offer but I must say that the Joule tops the list. Upon walking into the lobby I was asked if I would like some water or sparkling wine and of course I picked the sparkling wine which was wonderful. The bell man not only showed us to our room but completely unloaded our bags into the closet with care. I noticed some chocolates and a bottle of sparkling wine chilling on the desk with a note from the concierge wishing me a happy birthday which immediately made the hotel my new favorite. Things only got better when I visited the spa, even though at the time it was in a temporary location while the permanent location was being constructed. Aside from how wonderful the staff was, the hotel itself is beautiful. The rooms, although small (since it's an old building), were perfectly decorated and quite comfortable. The pool area was lovely as well. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service for the downtown area which is also a nice touch. Even though I was only there a weekend, I am sure that this hotel is the best I'll find in downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, they're a little bigger and have windows on 3 sides so the natural lig...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KimberlyMarie731
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've read about the millions of dollars worth of renovations and improvements to the joule in Dallas. Expectations were high before our arrival. First impression courtesy of the door men, I thought, was promising. They were alert, professional and courteous. The lobby was modern and sleek. The chairs, tables and the taschen books on them were aesthetically pleasing. Check in took a little bit of time. I did not like them asking us for our phone number and email address aloud (I thought it odd since they should have this info from our reservation) and us answering for everyone in the lobby to hear. Therefore, I politely asked to write down the info they asked for. The lighting in the hotel and the room is very dim. Our room was clean, turned down, with chocolates. A few minutes after check in and as we were unpacking, there was a knock on the door. A gentleman carrying a silver tray with a large bottle of water and a plate of hand made chocolates were presented to us courtesy of management as a welcome treat. Nice touch. I explored the hotel. The hotel's roof top pool was unique that it extends past the building's structure as if falling off the edge over Main street. I availed of the Joule's Taschen library, shopped in its several fashion boutiques including Comme des Garcons (Neiman Marcus is next door) and did a cardio work out in the clean and well equipped gym. This gothic high rise is not out of place among the impressive buildings around Dallas downtown conceived by Pritzker winning architects such as I. M. Pei. Other designs around the hotel making the Dallas skyline famous, are Beaux Art, Art Deco, Post Modernist, Renaissance revival and Victorian. I was disappointed to learn that Charlie Palmer's restaurant at the Joule closed and is replaced by a mediocre restaurant called CBD. Our room was okay, polished, modern and dark. As for guest service, one of the managers, Sony, personalized our experience and seemed to us, made it his own mission statement that we have a memorable stay and choose the Joule next time we are in Dallas again. I have to say, Sony and the Joule succeeded.

1 Thank gvurslf
Sydney
Reviewed 20 October 2013

From the minute we arrived, we knew this was going to be a sublime hotel experience. An incredible welcome from the doorman to the front desk - every interaction has been an incredible experience in how to look after customers. Lovely glass of champagne on arrival was a nice touch, and the rooms are just stunning and comfortable in every way, not to mention beautiful art and design everywhere you look - if you appreciate the finest service, great rooms and a hip hotel, you will love staying here..

Room Tip: We have a corner suite so would recommend