“Cool, hip Downtown Dallas Hotel”
Review of The Joule, Dallas

The Joule, Dallas
Ranked #17 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed for two nights with my husband in November for fun. Really hip and beautiful lobby. Great little coffee shop {Weekend coffee} to get coffee and sit in Lobby. {2 shops that were pretty pricey}. Deluxe Room was very nice but on the smaller side with King Bed. Had to ask for foam pillows and unplugged the bright phone at night ;). Room service was very good. Upper deck pool was broken so we went to the spa and it was amazing!!! Luxurious and clean. **Bring suit if you want to take a dip in the tiny indoor couples pool! Entire staff were super friendly and always helpful!! We ate at the new restaurant in the Hotel . Breakfast and dinner. Small mishap at breakfast, we got our food before our coffee. No biggy and they took care of it and totally made up for it. Dinner excellent. Really delicious combos of food and drinks. Try the Sweetwater cocktail! Easy walk to other restaurants, museums and parks. LOVE Dallas!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We travel to Dallas a few times a year (for business and to visit family) and when we go we usually stay for 3-4 days. Over the last few years, we have stayed at most of the top hotels in in the city and we found that "The Joule" is definitely one of the better (Top) choices available. Certainly, if you are looking for a modern, trendy, well located and comfortable place to stay in Dallas, The Joule has to be on top of your list.

Here are some of our observations:

Location: Down Town close conveniently located to most things to do in Dallas, but traffic in this particular location can be an issue. If you have a car, you may like hotels closer to McKinney St. better.

Ambiance: Cool, trendy, newly remodeled, good looking people. Ideal for single travelers or couples. We did not see too many families with children (none actually)

Food: We loved their restaurant for breakfast and for dinner. Very hip and trendy with good food to match Their pork tacos are delicious! They also have a farm to table program and bake their own bread. Yum!

Rooms: New, modern, comfortable, but not too big. They have foam beds which you may or may not be everyone's cup of tea. Not much of a view from most units though.

Spa: My wife loved the spa, but the workout room is small and almost an afterthought. You can still get a quick workout there though.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new tower are, of course, newer, but most have no view whatsoever since they face other...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Wow wow wow!!! From check in (glass of bubbles included) to the best night's sleep I've had for a long time - this hotel is remarkable. Sexy and sleek in all aspects - my King room had oodles of space, a great bathroom (Bulgari amenities), Frette sheets, great pillows, and key pads to deal with lighting and shades. The Espa was amazing too (thanks Zee!) - best massage I've had in ages. The Texas Brasserie, CBD, has it all too - great cocktails and bar tenders (hi Eric!) - and yummy food - the pig tails are spectacular and the fries are a must. The banana trifle in a jar is not to be missed, even if you can't finish it. The management team is on site and attentive - they obviously care and it shows.This hotel is going to be the must-stay place in Dallas - no wait - it already is!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travellingnurse50
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Loved the hotel, the decor, the amenities, the perfect location and most of all the exceptional service (from the receptionists, the valets, the concierge and mostly the staff at CBD)!!! Would definitely stay again- just loved it. Many, many little things the hotel did to make sure my friend and I were taken care of. We arrived at the lobby bar late after our night at the opera but they served us our Bailey's anyway- my friend needed some products from CVS down the street and they sent someone to grab it for us- everything that was suggested at CBD was delicious-valet service was friendly and fast. I can't say enough great things!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had planned my husband's birthday party at deluxe loft suite a week ago and informed them that I will be inviting 15 guests to room for food and drinks and everything was suppose to go as planned.i had invited my physician and lawyers friends for gathering.we had security at our door 4 times and the guests were escorted out of room cause we couldn't have 15 people in room when everything was planned out from a week ago.absolute embarrassment for me and my husband. I will never return there even though the hotel is nice but awful service. Its only good if u don't have expectations when u way $1000 for a room.

• Stayed: November 2013
8  Thank drbahadori
JouleDallas, General Manager at The Joule, Dallas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

We value all feedback from our guests and are sorry that you experienced these frustrations during your stay. We strive to provide exceptional service to all hotel guests at The Joule and hope you understand our need to be equally accommodating to other guests that are staying with us. Prior to your arrival, we did communicate that we have a strict no hotel room parties’ policy and advised that any additional guests that may visit your room should register as so upon arrival. We apologize if there was any misunderstanding and thank you again for your feedback, we will be sure to consider it when approaching similar situations in the future. We value our guests and would love the opportunity to have you stay with us again. If you have any further concerns or questions please feel free to reach out to me at my email address below.

Best Regards,
Greg Katz-Managing Director
gm@thejouledallas.com

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Loved the atmosphere! parking was easy, they allowed me to park during the day in the valet lane! The front desk was truely helpful & friendly! My orig. room had a air conditioning problem, so they upgraded me to a corner suite! I have to say the new restaurant CBD is phenomenal! The best chicken liver mousse appetizer I ever had and I would venture to say (as a true foodie) the BEST burger in Dallas.....run don't walk & try it for yourself. That being said ....the fries were just ok. After this stay I've decided from now on, this will be my quick 48 hr get away for me time!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Trey G
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A chic hotel in downtown Dallas that tries to be a little different.

We were impressed by its stylish and modern foyer and comfortable, well presented rooms. Service was friendly and responsive.

A real bonus for a visitor to town is the free limousine service that takes guests to nearby attractions in Dallas. It worked brilliantly for us, with a friendly and helpful driver.

Loved the "eyeball" sculpture facing the hotel that we understand the hotel owner brought to Dallas

One minor irritation.. Service in the breakfast room fronting the street was a bit confused and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple